BANGKOK
nicelee808

Court costs for divorce?

Does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to have my divorce go through court.

how long is a piece of string question this is. circumstances? children? where are you at the moment (in thailand or OS?) length of marriage? where were you married? 

based on the OP somewhere between 20 Baht and xxxxxx Baht. 

sorry... we need a bit more info to give you a 'rough' idea.....

beware of PM's though, they will come, fishing for business.

most important is, where are you now?

the rest i asked is near as important too.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jastheace said:

how long is a piece of string question this is. circumstances? children? where are you at the moment (in thailand or OS?) length of marriage? where were you married? 

based on the OP somewhere between 20 Baht and xxxxxx Baht. 

sorry... we need a bit more info to give you a 'rough' idea.....

beware of PM's though, they will come, fishing for business.

most important is, where are you now?

the rest i asked is near as important too.

I'm in Thailand, 2 kids daughter 12 living with me son 3 living with her. Married for 15 years, got married in Thailand. I'm in the house which is in her name but I paid for and would like to stay in.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nicelee808 said:

I'm in Thailand, 2 kids daughter 12 living with me son 3 living with her. Married for 15 years, got married in Thailand. I'm in the house which is in her name but I paid for and would like to stay in.

you could try for a 50/50 split of the house

how might be hard to sell

the land is her, as farang, blabla...

depends how bad the relationship is now with the soon to be ex-wife

can you go for another extension first ?

my biaaatch left the house a month before my extension, immigration don't give a rats ass... they did not want to help at all, no exception, etc... told me to go home country

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LarryLEB said:

Would it be possible? (I'm not an expert) ... Could you offer her a cash settlement to relinquish her 50% share of the house?  On the condition, of course, that the house be legally transferred to your daughter before ex-wife receives her cash.  Included would be a legally-binding usufruct allowing you to stay in the house.

That way, you avoid trying to "distress sell" a property in a depressed market.  

(This assumes that she cannot be "bought off" for less than a 50/50 share of the house.") 

the land is still hers anyway

if family is involved and they smell to get a share of the loot, a lot of low lives prepare to do bad stuff for little money in this country

to reply to the dude about 1 day:  not when property & children are involved

it can be done in 1 day in court, if you divorce with a mutual agreement

the court will FORCE you to try 2x to get it resolved in a civil matter

I was dumb to believe my @[email protected] lawyer not to go for 50/50 of house in exchange (I had no written proof that I gave my ex-wife money in cash, monthly, to pay for everything) for a right to be able to live and RAISE my child till age of 20, but it was a worthless piece of paper my ex knew she did not have to follow with ZERO consequences for her !!!

watch out for [email protected] lawyers that promise you xyz but are worth [email protected] and in this country, your own lawyer sometimes will be bribed by your ex-lawyer for a part of the loot

thai rak thai

• Like 2

I know a thai lady paid 10,000 baht to have a lawyer draw up paper  and sumit them to the court. Over in less than 45 days. 

Contract a good lawyer

If your deep pockets pay her 

Land house in daughters name with a 99 year lease of house 

Get a good lawyer

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delight said:

I would,initially ,see how much it would cost if you simply used the local Amphur.

That cost is zero.

You can only divorce at an Amphur if you both agree on the finances and child custody/access (if any).  If you have made an agreement you should print it and take it along with you - it will then be written into the divorce document.  However, I am not so sure that such an agreement is legally binding.

Mate if you want a Good Honest Lawyer she specialize in the Diveroce cases Call this No 096 084 0851.

Good Luck.

3 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

to reply to the dude about 1 day:  not when property & children are involved

I think the Dude already said that on the 2nd line Bender....................................:coffee1: