(unfounded) allegations of domestic abuse etc - now she wants me to sign a restraining order, what to do

patbkk90

18 minutes ago, patbkk90 said:

I might have lightly pushed her out of the bedroom at this stage

at any point during this interaction did she put her hands on you in any way ?

all other matters of her entering your house are for police no matter what little may or may not happen............. however

you did assault her and have admitted it on here. regardless how you see it. 

you are in the wrong for that. don't be surprised if you are brought up on assault charges. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This is a criminal offence.

Report it to the police.

Stop interacting with her, block her email and phone number and any social media.

Using reasonable force to remove her from your home is entirely within Thai law.

Ignore any communications from her, do not reply.

This.

But at your discretion.

Don't accede to her requests. If she bothers you again, you have her breaking in and the video as your Aces.

32 minutes ago, patbkk90 said:

I found out that she had actually filed a police report against me,

How you know thats she has actualy doing that report or she only say she did? You don't need sign nothing!

If she still continue her sht, make your self report about she break in your house! If need to go police station go whit lawyer. Hope you have witness what happen in your house! That other girl, don't loose her contact info!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Someone breaks into your home and if you touch them it's assault .......... total and utter BS.

If someone breaks into my bedroom it's baseball bat to the head time.

You would do that to a fresh ex?Hard to believe.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out thread starter is a n00b 'trouble with Thai woman' 1st time poster who joined on April 1st.

Lol i have many times wondering , how people who have move to other coundry can be so ignorant!

Ask here this kind ( ok maybe don't happen offen) , some ask where buy washing machine :cheesy: or repair car. Many visa question! Ask also so many pasic life question what you should know when you live or stay in other coundry than your own!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Hi guys, 

thanks everyone for the reply. I still have contact with that girl she filmed me with, not sure if she would be particularly inclined to go to the police with me to file a report, but if push comes to shove I'm sure she will confirm my version of the story, as its also the truth. 

I didn't assault her, at least that's not my understanding of an assult. I told her multiple times to leave and stop filming, and as she kept doing it, yes, I did push her out of the bedroom, given the fact that she was filming me and that lady half naked, threatening, if I remember correctly, to send this video around. 

The whole thing is just completely out of control, she might have some old videos of me with some alleged substance abuse, which of course I would dispute are showing anything illegal, but it just adds to the fact that I really don't want things to go any further and potentially lead to a nasty court fight which will also impact my reputation at work etc. 

But so to recap what most posters here suggested: 1) i'll stop all contact and block her on all channels (already done since yesterday), 2) i'll either (a) not do anything for now, and wait until i receive something offical, or (b) go to the police station and lay out my version of the story (without her being present there or signing anything. I just think that 2(b) might have the disadvantage that i will give the whole story more weight - I can always file a report later against her, right? 

Thanks in advance again for your help, really appreciate it, I've never neen in this kind of situation/being accused of hitting a woman....

55 minutes ago, patbkk90 said:

moved out her stuff last week on Wednesday, and also didn't have a key to my (rented) house since then. 

I ended up sleeping with another woman last Friday night, and she showed up Saturday morning, climbed over our fence, and made a huge scene, filming me in bed with that other lady.

If Ex-Gf had no key, how did she "film you in bed"???

Never met a Thai lady that would sleep or be anywhere in a house with curtains open for others to look in.  Sorry, this makes no sense.   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Lol i have many times wondering , how people who have move to other coundry can be so ignorant!

Ask here this kind ( ok maybe don't happen offen) , some ask where buy washing machine :cheesy: or repair car. Many visa question! Ask also so many pasic life question what you should know when you live or stay in other coundry than your own!

thanks for the helpful comment, I'm usually not involved in domestic violence disputes, neither here, nor in my home country.... so I'm not exactly sure about the best way how to deal with these matters. i would usually just get a lawyer if it wasn't a touchy subject that I don't want my colleagues and neighbors to talk about, so if I get a lawyer etc invovled, it will just drag on, and in these cases something always "sticks".

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

If Ex-Gf had no key, how did she "film you in bed"???

Never met a Thai lady that would sleep or be anywhere in a house with curtains open for others to look in.  Sorry, this makes no sense.   

i live in a house, and she climbed across the fence. the door to the house itself is never locked, as I have a yard with two dogs outside.

opening the windows is referring to my ex, who came to the bedroom i was sleeping in with the other woman, opening the windows and filming me with her. 

Edited by patbkk90
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, patbkk90 said:

i live in a house, and she climbed across the fence. the door to the house itself is never locked, as I have a gate and two dogs. opening the windows is referring to my ex, who came to the bedroom i was sleeping in with the other woman, opening the windows and filming me with her. 

OK, but never met a Thai lady who would sleep with a man in a house with an unlocked door or unlocked windows either.  Fence, 2 dogs or not.  Thai people do not sleep at night with unlocked doors and windows in my experience. 

There is a reason doors and windows have locks on them. 

The old adage, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" comes to mind.  

Good luck and follow others advice on not signing anything

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1