(unfounded) allegations of domestic abuse etc - now she wants me to sign a restraining order, what to do

patbkk90

11 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Lot of drama queen here. 

Baseball bat, lawyer, police. Gee. Excite to much. 

Agreed....  a lot of drama !!!!.....   

But, it seems she went ‘proper nuts’ by breaking in to his house. 

Yinn... what would you do when your ‘hansum man’ gets fed up with you? what would make you disappear?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, patbkk90 said:

I didn't assault her, at least that's not my understanding of an assult. I told her multiple times to leave and stop filming, and as she kept doing it, yes, I did push her out of the bedroom, given the fact that she was filming me and that lady half naked, threatening, if I remember correctly, to send this video around. 

Why didn't you take the phone off her?

If you're real, you're so weak you deserve all the silliness you've brought on yourself.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, patbkk90 said:

hi everyone, thanks again for the helpful replies. There is a report, she sent a (partial) picture of it to a mutual friend of ours, it clearly states my name and address. so yes I am worried about the embarassment of them showing up here, or worse, at my work, it would simply be as they say here a "massive loss of face" even though she was clearly the one who entered my premises without my consent.

so its clear I won't go to the police station to sign anything, it might be just an ambush of some sort. i'm not sure however, if I should a) report the incident as well (without necessarily pressing charges, I just want her to leave me alone), and b) get a lawyer (it'll just waste a lot of money that would be better spend elsewhere - but I am willing to do it, if it will help the whole thing go away quicker)? I just fear if I react at all at this point, it might just make the case gain more traction, which is not what i want - i just want her to p*ss off, to be fully honest. so its just completely insane she wants me to sign a restraining order, after she was the one breaking and entering just a few days ago.

No idea why you don't listen to advice given: report her for defamation and violation of the electronic crimes act.

That will get her to p*ss off. She has the initiative now, you have to take over.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Someone breaks into your home and if you touch them it's assault .......... total and utter BS.

If someone breaks into my bedroom it's baseball bat to the head time.

I am not sure about Thailand, but in many countries, you can use reasonable/commensurate "force" to protect yourself, above that you may have committed and assault.

Mr BritMan, a baseball bat to the head, would probably see you charged in many countries, and rightly so. 

• Thanks 1

If you were a Thai guy you would have slapped her silly and kicked her Rs out and that would be it.  But the nutty ones think they can get away with anything when its a farang.  You need to go to the cops and lodge a complain about her breaking in.  Take your new bed buddy with you, an extra voice is worth having.

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My misses somtam pounder is about the size of a baseball bat, I could play rounders with that.

So you need to ask yourself ....... do you feel lucky?

IMG_20200818_122806.jpg

I also have a short sword ........ but I'm saving that for the zombie apocalypse.

IMG_20200818_123114.jpg

55  Usually its the woman wielding the sakabua .    

Just now, Grumpy John said:

If you were a Thai guy you would have slapped her silly and kicked her Rs out and that would be it.  But the nutty ones think they can get away with anything when its a farang.  You need to go to the cops and lodge a complain about her breaking in.  Take your new bed buddy with you, an extra voice is worth having.

I am sure the new buddy does not want to get involved.    Hard to find a friend in times of trouble ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am not sure about Thailand, but in many countries, you can use reasonable/commensurate "force" to protect yourself, above that you may have committed and assault.

Mr BritMan, a baseball bat to the head, would probably see you charged in many countries, and rightly so. 

a badminton racket perhaps ?

4 hours ago, patbkk90 said:

To give a quick summary: I've been breaking up with my ex girlfriend over the last couple of weeks.

where better place to come for advice than the home of broken hearts and failed relationships.

advice:   keep it to yourself.   make it swift and final .    ( the split up that is )

source:  failure to do that myself 

4 hours ago, mr mr said:

at any point during this interaction did she put her hands on you in any way ?

all other matters of her entering your house are for police no matter what little may or may not happen............. however

you did assault her and have admitted it on here. regardless how you see it. 

you are in the wrong for that. don't be surprised if you are brought up on assault charges. 

When did he admit assault? She broke in to his rented house uninvited, which resulted in him pushing her away. Doesn´t matter if he would have been hitting her either. She was entering his private home after key was taken away. She has no right their and he has 100% legal right to do what it takes to remove her from his domain.

I guess you should read that law before posting. In Thailand it´s a very serious offense to break in to another persons home, as well as it´s also a criminal offense to video tape and publish private videos of a person in their own home without permission.

So, she can´t do nothing.

• Like 2

STOP any messaging asap. She is fishing for evidence that shows you're the bad guy. Apologies etc is a nono. She's not your wife and as such you have the right to break up without any consequences..... 

Now if she moved out then tell her to simply <deleted> off and that you will sue her for lying on social media. This is the part where you need to be bad to her otherwise you're digging your own grave

• Like 2

intrusion into a house
film or photograph a person without their permission
unauthorized publication of video
all this denotes an infringement of the right to respect for private life.
You, alone, may be allowed to let a person of your choice into your home
only you can deposit your image and determine its use
it is an INFRINGEMENT OF PRIVACY
As for the alleged assault on your part, you were within your rights to repel the intruder who had entered your home by climbing the portal, who behaved very aggressively, who shouted and who filmed your partner and yourself , without your consent, in situations that could cause moral damage to your reputation.
Keep the videos well, but don't rely too much on the new girlfriend to help.
And, do what you want, but, personally, I would wait for a summons and / or for the storm to pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

When did he admit assault?

I might have lightly pushed her out of the bedroom at this stage

The bar is so low nowadays (or rather, especially, in our cucked western nations) that it would qualify as an admission of assault against a woman. Most people still perceive men as aggressors and women as victims by default despite tons of evidence to the contrary. The bigotry of low expectations and some such.

53 minutes ago, Ceruhe said:

The bar is so low nowadays (or rather, especially, in our cucked western nations) that it would qualify as an admission of assault against a woman. Most people still perceive men as aggressors and women as victims by default despite tons of evidence to the contrary. The bigotry of low expectations and some such.

Totally irrelevant rubbish! We are talking about Thailand. Here the law is exactly like I´ve stated. end of discussion.

4 hours ago, rumak said:

a badminton racket perhaps ?

Perhaps if you use the baseball bat, instead of the hitting on the head, perhaps a lower part of the body, sufficient to stop, the assault.

The badminton bat on the side, across nose would be effective.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Why are you asking people on here? No one here is competent in Thai law and you are going to get a hundred different answers

Go and see a Lawyer - a farang one if possible

we are cheaper.    we don't try to cheat the OP.     we are honest.     and in many cases we know better

than the lawyers.              there:  4 answers to your question   FREE

• Haha 1

Why isn't the one in your bed a witness to what happened with your ex?

Did she go to the police and support you?

Does she support your claim you did not assault her?

Seems to me, you would have a viable witness if you are telling the truth?

You do understand you are a guest in Thailand?

You do understand the ramifications of substance abuse if you get caught?

You do realize your sole existence in Thailand is based on your job?

You apparently seem to have no clue as the women you are hanging around with, or maybe it IS just your own behavior?

Who in their right mind brings a girl to their house that they just met for sex? Not a bright idea at all.

You moved to Thailand because you couldn't get any in your own country and now it is one after the other?

I don't think a lawyer is going to save anything.

I think what I would be worrying most and that the cops would take action on if she has you on video doing drugs?

If she has a video of you doing drugs, that is not going to end up good.

Funny also that your other bedtime mate does not seem to want to testify on your behalf? Is she a hooker?

Edited by bwpage3
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

You do understand you are a guest in Thailand?

You do understand the ramifications of substance abuse if you get caught?

You do realize your sole existence in Thailand is based on your job?

You apparently seem to have no clue as the women you are hanging around with, or maybe it IS just your own behavior?

Who in their right mind brings a girl to their house that they just met for sex? Not a bright idea at all.

You moved to Thailand because you couldn't get any in your own country and now it is one after the other?

I don't think a lawyer is going to save anything.

I think what I would be worrying most and that the cops would take action on if she has you on video doing drugs?

If she has a video of you doing drugs, that is not going to end up good.

Funny also that your other bedtime mate does not seem to want to testify on your behalf? Is she a hooker?

Don’t be daft, there are NO hookers in Thailand...

41 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:
13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

My ex-wife had a gun.

Apart from that, baseball bats are scarcer than hen's teeth in Isaan.

But there are machetes aplenty....

According to the maid, my ex- wife got the gun after I had hidden all the knives, machetes and meat cleavers.