How to get to from Chaengwattana to 90 day office in Muang Thang Thani?

Confused about all the directions I see. How do I get from the regular immigration Division 1 building in the Government Complex to the temporary 90 day report building in Muang Thang Thani? Is this far? God, I hope not. What is the fastest route?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the post by the other poster who shows the printed notice he got back in the mail from Immigration saying that those who skipped during amnesty now have to do their next 90-day report in person

It might well be. I'm still unsure. I seem to be having mail delivery problems right now, since apparently my mail processing center has changed. I'm calling the new one tomorrow morning, as apparentl

I also was out to CW today for my annual retirement extension via online appointment and re-entry permit...     And, then, I also had to take a taxi to MTT for 90-day report purposes, becaus

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Depends where your coming from.

This thread has it covered

I am coming FROM Chaengwattana and the Division 1 Immigration office. I saw that thread but I didn't see a clear map of how to get from Division 1 regular office to Muang Thang Thani.

Just now, John Drake said:

I am coming FROM Chaengwattana and the Division 1 Immigration office. I saw that thread but I didn't see a clear map of how to get from Division 1 regular office to Muang Thang Thani.

Go by taxi it's not too far. Make sure the taxi driver is familiar with it's location. 

Read the thread I posted above. It has maps and directions. 

Google maps is not clear because it does not include private roads.

it is off to the left of the IBIS Hotel which is on Popular Rd.  The sky walk separates it from Impact Arena on the back side.   I was dropped off at the IBIS hotel and walked on the skywalk to where I took that photo and you can walk on down the stairs, if they don't have the gates shut, to walk past the front guard shack where an old guard and two dogs were sleeping yesterday.  The que started at about 7:30, but they did not start servicing until after 8:30.  I was B3 and it took me where I went about 30 minutes once inside.

20200817_082018.jpg

20200817_082100.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

Go by taxi it's not too far. Make sure the taxi driver is familiar with it's location. 

Read the thread I posted above. It has maps and directions. 

Google maps is not clear because it does not include private roads.

So it's across the highway? Geez, I tried to avoid this. I have an appointment for my retirement extension early tomorrow morning. And now I don't know if the 90 day is going to cause problems, because it expired on 31 July. And, yes, I mailed in a new 90 day report on 11 July (I cannot use online since I got a new passport 16 months ago), but they never returned a new receipt in my 10 baht prepaid self addressed envelope. Even emailed them on 6 August for help and never got a reply. Yes, they received my registered mail to them, because I have a screenshot of Immigration signing for it on 13 July.  

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

The que started at about 7:30, but they did not start servicing until after 8:30

Edited 1 minute ago by ThailandRyan

Not sure why anyone would go early. Last Friday I arrived about 10.30am, straight to office for #. Then 5 mins later had 90 report with receipt. 

Downstairs to copy receipt back up new #, for residence certificate. Advised will arrive in 2-3 weeks. 

10 mins later out the door.

Not sure why anyone would go early. Last Friday I arrived about 10.30am, straight to office for #. Then 5 mins later had 90 report with receipt. 

Downstairs to copy receipt back up new #, for residence certificate. Advised will arrive in 2-3 weeks. 

10 mins later out the door.

I went early because of a fear of it being crowded, which it was not.  So yes, anytime is probably good to go.  I was out by 9 am.  I had a conversation with the IO helping me about changing my address on my Pink ID card, which took some time for her to get the information.  Yes it is possible to have the pink ID address changed if you currently do not reside where you yellow book shows. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

And now I don't know if the 90 day is going to cause problems, because it expired on 31 July

90 day reports are not required during amnesty. 

Yes immigration has stated that they want people that skipped report to file one in August.  Doesn't concern your extension. Do your extension am no need to go early. 

Obtain your extension and go to Muang to do your 90 report.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

90 day reports are not required during amnesty. 

Yes immigration has stated that they want people that skipped report to file one in August.  Doesn't concern your extension. Do your extension am no need to go early. 

Obtain your extension and go to Muang to do your 90 report.

That was the plan. Just wish they had left everything intact in one building. 

Just now, John Drake said:

That was the plan. Just wish they had left everything intact in one building. 

I can understand your angst. 

Spare me a thought....I had to come back from Rayong to do the 90 day report.

Some experts suggest that it's only a immigration directive to do the 90 report in person during August if you skipped during amnesty (as per government directives in gazette). 

Problem is it will be an IO that I will deal with in future for my next extension, not the government. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I can understand your angst. 

Spare me a thought....I had to come back from Rayong to do the 90 day report.

Some experts suggest that it's only a immigration directive to do the 90 report in person during August if you skipped during amnesty (as per government directives in gazette). 

Problem is it will be an IO that I will deal with in future for my next extension, not the government. 

That's a helluva drive just to do the damn 90 day. I live a few hundred meters from Nakhon Pathom province and a round trip to Chaengwattana costs me around 1000 baht by taxi. And, yes, the immigration office for Nakhon Pathom is about 7 km and 15 minutes away. Worse is the three hours it takes to drive there, with more than one hour spent on the last two km or so.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, John Drake said:

That's a helluva drive just to do the damn 90 day. I live a few hundred meters from Nakhon Pathom province and a round trip to Chaengwattana costs me around 1000 baht by taxi. And, yes, the immigration office for Nakhon Pathom is about 7 km and 15 minutes away. Worse is the three hours it takes to drive there, with more than one hour spent on the last two km or so.

If you can get to Lak Song MRT station by taxi you can then use the mass transit system to get to within 5 kms of the government complex at Chaeng Wattana.

From Lak Song MRT station can take MRT to Tha Phra MRT station and then change MRT at Tha Phra MRT station to the Charan Sanitwong MRT line and then take MRT train to Chatuchak Park MRT station.

At Chatuchak Park MRT station you can transfer to Mochit BTS station (short walk follow signs) and then take BTS to Wat Phra Sri Mahathat BTS station which is the terminal BTS station.

You are then within 5kms of the Government complex and can take a 10 minute taxi ride to get to your destination.

Should save you money and time.

Edited by Ajooma
3 minutes ago, Ajooma said:

If you can get to Lak Song MRT station by taxi you can then use the mass transit system to get to within 5 kms of the government complex at Chaeng Wattana.

From Lak Song MRT station can take MRT to Tha Phra station and then change MRT at Tha Phra MRT station to the Charan Sanitwong MRT line and then take MRT train to Chatuchak Park MRT station.

At Chatuchak Park MRT station you can transfer to Mochit BTS station (short walk follow signs) and then take BTS to Wat Phra Sri Mahathat BTS station which is the terminal BTS station.

You are then within 5kms of the Government complex and can take a 10 minute taxi ride to get to your destination.

Should save you money and time.

In my case, I can take the BTS all the way from Bang Wa. But I swore off the BTS for the duration of COVID.