How to get to from Chaengwattana to 90 day office in Muang Thang Thani?

Confused about all the directions I see. How do I get from the regular immigration Division 1 building in the Government Complex to the temporary 90 day report building in Muang Thang Thani? Is this far? God, I hope not. What is the fastest route?

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Depends where your coming from.

This thread has it covered

I am coming FROM Chaengwattana and the Division 1 Immigration office. I saw that thread but I didn't see a clear map of how to get from Division 1 regular office to Muang Thang Thani.

Just now, John Drake said:

I am coming FROM Chaengwattana and the Division 1 Immigration office. I saw that thread but I didn't see a clear map of how to get from Division 1 regular office to Muang Thang Thani.

Go by taxi it's not too far. Make sure the taxi driver is familiar with it's location. 

Read the thread I posted above. It has maps and directions. 

Google maps is not clear because it does not include private roads.

it is off to the left of the IBIS Hotel which is on Popular Rd.  The sky walk separates it from Impact Arena on the back side.   I was dropped off at the IBIS hotel and walked on the skywalk to where I took that photo and you can walk on down the stairs, if they don't have the gates shut, to walk past the front guard shack where an old guard and two dogs were sleeping yesterday.  The que started at about 7:30, but they did not start servicing until after 8:30.  I was B3 and it took me where I went about 30 minutes once inside.

20200817_082018.jpg

20200817_082100.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

Go by taxi it's not too far. Make sure the taxi driver is familiar with it's location. 

Read the thread I posted above. It has maps and directions. 

Google maps is not clear because it does not include private roads.

So it's across the highway? Geez, I tried to avoid this. I have an appointment for my retirement extension early tomorrow morning. And now I don't know if the 90 day is going to cause problems, because it expired on 31 July. And, yes, I mailed in a new 90 day report on 11 July (I cannot use online since I got a new passport 16 months ago), but they never returned a new receipt in my 10 baht prepaid self addressed envelope. Even emailed them on 6 August for help and never got a reply. Yes, they received my registered mail to them, because I have a screenshot of Immigration signing for it on 13 July.  

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

The que started at about 7:30, but they did not start servicing until after 8:30

Edited 1 minute ago by ThailandRyan

Not sure why anyone would go early. Last Friday I arrived about 10.30am, straight to office for #. Then 5 mins later had 90 report with receipt. 

Downstairs to copy receipt back up new #, for residence certificate. Advised will arrive in 2-3 weeks. 

10 mins later out the door.

Not sure why anyone would go early. Last Friday I arrived about 10.30am, straight to office for #. Then 5 mins later had 90 report with receipt. 

Downstairs to copy receipt back up new #, for residence certificate. Advised will arrive in 2-3 weeks. 

10 mins later out the door.

I went early because of a fear of it being crowded, which it was not.  So yes, anytime is probably good to go.  I was out by 9 am.  I had a conversation with the IO helping me about changing my address on my Pink ID card, which took some time for her to get the information.  Yes it is possible to have the pink ID address changed if you currently do not reside where you yellow book shows. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

And now I don't know if the 90 day is going to cause problems, because it expired on 31 July

90 day reports are not required during amnesty. 

Yes immigration has stated that they want people that skipped report to file one in August.  Doesn't concern your extension. Do your extension am no need to go early. 

Obtain your extension and go to Muang to do your 90 report.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

90 day reports are not required during amnesty. 

Yes immigration has stated that they want people that skipped report to file one in August.  Doesn't concern your extension. Do your extension am no need to go early. 

Obtain your extension and go to Muang to do your 90 report.

That was the plan. Just wish they had left everything intact in one building. 

Just now, John Drake said:

That was the plan. Just wish they had left everything intact in one building. 

I can understand your angst. 

Spare me a thought....I had to come back from Rayong to do the 90 day report.

Some experts suggest that it's only a immigration directive to do the 90 report in person during August if you skipped during amnesty (as per government directives in gazette). 

Problem is it will be an IO that I will deal with in future for my next extension, not the government. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Some experts suggest that it's only a immigration directive to do the 90 report in person during August if you skipped during amnesty (as per government directives in gazette). 

Problem is it will be an IO that I will deal with in future for my next extension, not the government. 

That's a helluva drive just to do the damn 90 day. I live a few hundred meters from Nakhon Pathom province and a round trip to Chaengwattana costs me around 1000 baht by taxi. And, yes, the immigration office for Nakhon Pathom is about 7 km and 15 minutes away. Worse is the three hours it takes to drive there, with more than one hour spent on the last two km or so.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John Drake said:

That's a helluva drive just to do the damn 90 day. I live a few hundred meters from Nakhon Pathom province and a round trip to Chaengwattana costs me around 1000 baht by taxi. And, yes, the immigration office for Nakhon Pathom is about 7 km and 15 minutes away. Worse is the three hours it takes to drive there, with more than one hour spent on the last two km or so.

If you can get to Lak Song MRT station by taxi you can then use the mass transit system to get to within 5 kms of the government complex at Chaeng Wattana.

From Lak Song MRT station can take MRT to Tha Phra MRT station and then change MRT at Tha Phra MRT station to the Charan Sanitwong MRT line and then take MRT train to Chatuchak Park MRT station.

At Chatuchak Park MRT station you can transfer to Mochit BTS station (short walk follow signs) and then take BTS to Wat Phra Sri Mahathat BTS station which is the terminal BTS station.

You are then within 5kms of the Government complex and can take a 10 minute taxi ride to get to your destination.

Should save you money and time.

Edited by Ajooma

3 minutes ago, Ajooma said:

If you can get to Lak Song MRT station by taxi you can then use the mass transit system to get to within 5 kms of the government complex at Chaeng Wattana.

From Lak Song MRT station can take MRT to Tha Phra station and then change MRT at Tha Phra MRT station to the Charan Sanitwong MRT line and then take MRT train to Chatuchak Park MRT station.

At Chatuchak Park MRT station you can transfer to Mochit BTS station (short walk follow signs) and then take BTS to Wat Phra Sri Mahathat BTS station which is the terminal BTS station.

You are then within 5kms of the Government complex and can take a 10 minute taxi ride to get to your destination.

Should save you money and time.

In my case, I can take the BTS all the way from Bang Wa. But I swore off the BTS for the duration of COVID.

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is across from the backside of Impact Arena.  It looks almost deserted, and appears to be a new Small complex that is yet to be used for anything other than what it is used for.  The tall building in the front is not used.  Its the back two buildings, one of which is directly behind the big building and is where the extensions are being done, and the other section, where 90 days and such are being done is off to the left.  90 day reports and such are done in the far left building of the photo, sorry I did not take better photos.  The extension for those needing 30 or 60 days is being done in the building directly to the rear of the one in the right of the photo.  Once again sorry for not taking photos of the actual buildings.

20200817_090440.jpg

That looks pretty bleak and barren, btw. Are there any taxi stations around there, or do you need to hike out to get one?

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

That looks pretty bleak and barren, btw. Are there any taxi stations around there, or do you need to hike out to get one?

At the end of the far building there appears to be some type of Taxi stand, but we hoofed it back towards the IBIS Hotel, which is closed, and walked up the street towards where there is a private university and another side street with shops and such and were able to grab a taxi there to head back to Chatuchak MRT and then back home.  One day in the future the BTS will extend all the way out to CW, they have been working on it for quite a long time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ouch... It's bad enough going to CW when you live in Bangkok (On Nut) never mind having to come all the way in from Rayong, a lovely part of the country to live though, am looking at places near the coast there, from Bang Saray to Ban Phe ????  

I was told by an agent that I could either do my 90 day in person for free or I could pay 1,500 "Service Charge" and they could do it for me, as I'm going to CW tomorrow to do my retirement extension & didn't fancy having to mess around doing an extra trip to a different office to do the 90 day, I decided to get them to do it for me. 

My main concern was also that I would need the 90 day report to do my extension & I didn't fancy the stress of having to do something I've never done before (am usually out of the country at least once every 90 days) or having to navigate my way to/around an office that I've never been to before, then having to go through the extension process.

I see from a post above that I didn't need the 90 day to do the extension so could have at least had a go at doing it myself after I'd done the extension, oh well you live & learn, hoping I will be able to do the next one online - Actually I'm hoping we'll be able to travel again before then by think there's very little chance of that

Hey Mike,

You don't need a 90 day report to do your annual extension (extension of permission of stay) 

If your concerned about your 90 day report (since imm announced do it in August) then grab taxi to Muang thing Thani.

It's a short process. BTW if you think you need residence certificate you can also obtain there while business quiet 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You don't need a 90 day report to do your annual extension (extension of permission of stay) 

I can assure you even in normal times if you went to apply for another one year extension and you had not done a report in more than 90 days they would not do it. I think even now since they are not required according to the ministerial notice they would want you to get caught up on them before doing it.

That is why I was prepared to do mine that was due in April when I went to do my extension this month. Got two queue tickets as soon as I arrived at immigration. One for the extension and another for the report. Number for 90 day report was called almost immediately after I got it, handed officer my passport and in just few minutes I had a new receipt with a report date in November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I continued to do my 90 day report by post which costs me only B28 including the B10 stamp for the return envelope. I pass the post office most days. A friend decided not to do his 90 day report because the COVID-19 immigration dept. said no need. Then he wanted to extend his stay and was told that he had to come in person to do his new 90 day report. Another friend went to get a letter confirming his residence to renew his driving licence and was redirected from Chaeng Wattana to Muang Thong Thani but the map was useless because the roads on the route shown were blocked off. Eventually he got there and he said that they had to wait outside in a tent for the immigration officer. They say the letters for confirmation of your address will take 2 to 3 weeks (before was 4 weeks). A totally illogical requirement, since your address is on the back of the Thai driving licence, which could be confirmed by showing your credit card bill.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Why do you ask??? Government complex is in CW. 

However, the temporary Immigration location is not at the Government Complex in CW, but in Nonthaburi, at Nuang Thong Thani, behind Impact Arena. That's what the OP is about.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From the other thread referenced above:

It's due north of the Impact MMT area and just across the street to the north from the Thunder Dome complex shown on the map below.

49648366_MTTImmigrationMap1.jpg.bf1fd9a6d0e088813d53c43c3bedeef7.jpg

366010405_MTTImmigrationMap2.jpg.3ce4c8336b69ec20e6bb763277234de5.jpg

621998669_MTTImmigrationDirections.jpg.7da5196cd7c0d7bdb09334d1c2b86664.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg.d68117a20d323d3e5f0dabf056b9bde0.jpg

That is very thorough. Thanks. Unfortunately, I didn't check back in on this thread until just now, and last read it around 7 pm last night. And I just got back from Chaengwattana. To be frank it was a nightmare today. Chaenwattana was crowded and chaotic as usual. I saw absolutely no decrease in the usual mob. It was SRO. Fortunately, I had an online appointment, so went right in and finished my extension. But getting to the 90 day office was a horrorshow. I asked at the CW information desk and they just threw me a small printed map. Gave the map to a taxi driver who had to stop at IMPACT two times to ask for directions. Cost an extra 91 baht to get there from CW. And found out they did in fact mail me my 90 day receipt on 3 August. I just never received it. Wonderful. Now, I get to worry about my mail delivery. Got a duplicate good until 20 November. And, I was ready to blow when I got there. Especially after the little twerp asked for me to rewrite my name on the sign in so he could read it. I have a nervous system disease that makes my hand shake, and the stress of getting to this hole in the wall didn't help things. What a bunch of inconsiderate jackasses.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2020 at 2:08 PM, John Drake said:

Have you never used Google Maps? If that's to hard,hop on a motorbike taxi. 

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Have you never used Google Maps? If that's to hard,hop on a motorbike taxi. 

Why do you condescending people think the world operates just to fit your circumstances? I have a vestibular disorder that affects my balance. I can't ride on a motorcycle. 

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1