How to get to from Chaengwattana to 90 day office in Muang Thang Thani?

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I also was out to CW today for my annual retirement extension via online appointment and re-entry permit...  

And, then, I also had to take a taxi to MTT for 90-day report purposes, because Immigration in BKK for some inexplicable reason is not accepting either online or mailed in 90-day reports from anyone who skipped doing 90-day reports during the CV amnesty period, as we were all told to do.

I had mailed my report in two weeks ago hoping at the time that they'd accept a mail in, after I knew for certain that the normal online route wasn't going to work. But the Immigration staff at MTT made it very clear -- have to report in person for your next report, if you've skipped one during the amnesty period.

I'll have more to say on all this shortly...and elsewhere.

I mailed in my 90 day that was due in June. For that one, I did get a receipt back but they shorted me by three weeks on the 90 days and cut it off on 31 July. I don't understand why they did this, because now Immigration is saying they don't want everyone doing them at the same time. Well, the only reason people are doing at the same time is that Immigration apparently dead ended everyone on 31 July and it seems are doing the same thing on 26 September.

7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Well, the only reason people are doing at the same time is that Immigration apparently dead ended everyone on 31 July and it seems are doing the same thing on 26 September.

Myself and others have gotten a 90 day report receipt stamped for the next report in November this month.

I had skipped my report in April.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Myself and others have gotten a 90 day report receipt stamped for the next report in November this month.

Yes, the duplicate I received from them this morning is stamped for 02 November.

18 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Immigration staff at MTT made it very clear -- have to report in person for your next report, if you've skipped one during the amnesty period.

That goes against what the immigration notification states.

"(2) Aliens whose residency report is due on 26 March 2020 onwards and has not reported
within prescribed period, may report their residency in person or by assigning a person or via
registered mail or electronic means
from 1 August 2020 to 31 August 2020;
The report of residency shall cover the total unreported period. The 90 days is started from
the date when alien making residency report."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only good thing to come of all this is I received an extra 10 days on my extension. It was due to expire on 16 September, as it does on every year. But now I have until 26 September next year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From the other thread referenced above:

It's due north of the Impact MMT area and just across the street to the north from the Thunder Dome complex shown on the map below.

49648366_MTTImmigrationMap1.jpg.bf1fd9a6d0e088813d53c43c3bedeef7.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg.d68117a20d323d3e5f0dabf056b9bde0.jpg

People talk about the new Immigration outpost for 90-day reports as being at Muang Thong Thani... but it's really just to the north of the whole MTT-Impact project per se (shown in the yellow shaded area on Google Maps above). Having just come back from there, I can vouch that the two maps above are a good rendering of how to get there, and where exactly it is.

This below is the building for 90-day reporting, which is the first one you come to on the left once you turn right off the main road (north-south Chaengwattana-Pakkred 39??? that runs underneath the elevated Sirat Expressway), go under the expressway and head into the Immigration compound.

923023198_2020-08-1911_57_52.jpg.708a6c9bfb818f471dfe9851eb57f55b.jpg

This is the entry way heading from the main road into the Immigration compound, looking from the Immigration buildings area back toward the main road.

509474120_2020-08-1911_57_10.thumb.jpg.4705ba392cdff1866d9d05dbf784db7b.jpg

This is the other/2nd Immigration building there for things other than 90-day reports which is just a bit further beyond the first building for 90-day reporting. You can also see a long taxi queue there which is a help for when you finish your business and want to get back into town.

1966936951_2020-08-1911_58_02.thumb.jpg.538e3dfe39a9d5958841ce1f65816642.jpg

Once you get out of your vehicle and go into the 90-day reporting building, right now, they're wanting you to sign in via the Thai Pochana mobile app and do a temperature check.  Then it's up 3 flights of stairs to a parking garage floor that is the waiting area for 90-day reporting and where you'll get your queue ticket.

42925289_2020-08-1911_03_06.jpg.a2800eea99a35c285190a38aef9b408c.jpg

1452940601_2020-08-1911_03_00.jpg.292a1c2a92f347a541fa121d675ac580.jpg

When I arrived around 11 am, I got a queue number that was about 40 slots beyond the numbers they had just called. And it took them almost an hour, there in a concrete garage on plastic chairs, to finally get to my queue number, where you're called out of the parking garage area and into adjoining the air-conned office area where the Immigration officers are working. Today, it looked like they had about 8 officers/stations open doing in-person 90-day reports there.

Here's the view of what you'll see if you look outward from the garage area toward the back side of the 90-day reporting building.

2133512655_2020-08-1911_13_26.jpg.c82f54a313aa3d1392329f5bb2521220.jpg

It's a real little slice of paradise.... 

Getting there from the CW Govt Complex was about a 15 minute taxi trip that cost about 80 baht.

And then, the longer trip from MTT back to the closest BTS station, which is now Wat Phra Sri Mahathat instead of Mochit, was about a 30 minute drive and a 90 baht fare.  A long stretch of Chaengwattana Road in that area is currently torn up for construction in the whole median area, meaning traffic there was crawling.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Thanks for the actual photos of the entire location, of which I failed to take when I was there on Monday.  I had a feeling having the photos for people to see where the buildings were located would be good to post, but then I failed and had those lousy photos I posted.

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

People talk about the new Immigration outpost for 90-day reports as being at Muang Thong Thani... but it's really just to the north of the whole MTT-Impact project per se (shown in the yellow shaded area on Google Maps above). Having just come back from there, I can vouch that the two maps above are a good rendering of how to get there, and where exactly it is.

This below is the building for 90-day reporting, which is the first one you come to on the left once you turn right off the main road (north-south Chaengwattana-Pakkred 39??? that runs underneath the elevated Sirat Expressway), go under the expressway and head into the Immigration compound.

923023198_2020-08-1911_57_52.jpg.708a6c9bfb818f471dfe9851eb57f55b.jpg

This is the entry way heading from the main road into the Immigration compound, looking from the Immigration buildings area back toward the main road.

509474120_2020-08-1911_57_10.thumb.jpg.4705ba392cdff1866d9d05dbf784db7b.jpg

This is the other/2nd Immigration building there for things other than 90-day reports which is just a bit further beyond the first building for 90-day reporting. You can also see a long taxi queue there which is a help for when you finish your business and want to get back into town.

1966936951_2020-08-1911_58_02.thumb.jpg.538e3dfe39a9d5958841ce1f65816642.jpg

Once you get out of your vehicle and go into the 90-day reporting building, right now, they're wanting you to sign in via the Thai Pochana mobile app and do a temperature check.  Then it's up 3 flights of stairs to a parking garage floor that is the waiting area for 90-day reporting and where you'll get your queue ticket.

42925289_2020-08-1911_03_06.jpg.a2800eea99a35c285190a38aef9b408c.jpg

1452940601_2020-08-1911_03_00.jpg.292a1c2a92f347a541fa121d675ac580.jpg

When I arrived around 11 am, I got a queue number that was about 40 slots beyond the numbers they had just called. And it took them almost an hour, there in a concrete garage on plastic chairs, to finally get to my queue number, where you're called out of the parking garage area and into adjoining the air-conned office area where the Immigration officers are working. Today, it looked like they had about 8 officers/stations open doing in-person 90-day reports there.

Here's the view of what you'll see if you look outward from the garage area toward the back side of the 90-day reporting building.

2133512655_2020-08-1911_13_26.jpg.c82f54a313aa3d1392329f5bb2521220.jpg

It's a real little slice of paradise.... 

Getting there from the CW Govt Complex was about a 15 minute taxi trip that cost about 80 baht.

And then, the longer trip from MTT back to the closest BTS station, which is now Wat Phra Sri Mahathat instead of Mochit, was about a 30 minute drive and a 90 baht fare.  A long stretch of Chaengwattana Road in that area is currently torn up for construction in the whole median area, meaning traffic there was crawling.

I was about to post some of the same photos. My wife said if I need to come back to this building next time, just remember to look for SCG. That entrance you shot is pretty far from the building, farther than it looks in your picture. And to get to it, you need to go beneath an underpass and cross some tracks, all on a small one lane path. I didn't think anything could be more dismal than the Government Complex. I was wrong. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I was about to post some of the same photos. My wife said if I need to come back to this building next time, just remember to look for SCG. That entrance you shot is pretty far from the building, farther than it looks in your picture. And to get to it, you need to go beneath an underpass and cross some tracks, all on a small one lane path. I didn't think anything could be more dismal than the Government Complex. I was wrong. 

Taking a Taxi to get there is a challenge in itself as even the driver I had could not find the building, and instead I just had him drop me off at the IBIS hotel, and managed on my own from there. walking in to the location from that skywalk I posted in my photo.  It is a very empty location, and signage is very poor.  They should at least have something posted out on the roads.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Gotta agree about that!!!

I was going to add, for anyone having the misfortune of having to travel even farther beyond the BKK Govt Complex to this dismal MTT outpost, one of the most perplexing challenges has to be figuring out just where to turn right off the north-south road under the express way in order to head into the Immigration compound.

There's virtually no signage indicating Immigration on the north-south road. I say "virtually no," because as a Google Maps reviewer had noted above, someone has posted a small sign about the size of a house for sale sign with the text "Immigration" in the center median of the road just before you get to the turning spot. But it's a really small sign on a post maybe chest-high, so easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

Also, I think I noticed that the corner where you turn right into the Immigration compound, has an old couple story tall powder blue color building on the far corner to the right.  We were lucky on the outbound taxi trip, because our driver actually seemed to know where he was going and how to get there.

Curiously, on our outbound trip from the Wat Phra Sri Mahathat BTS station, our first taxi driver asked whether we wanted to go to the "New Immigration" or the "Old Immigration." At first, I had no idea what he meant by that, but eventually figured out that his "Old Immigration" was BKK CW Govt Complex, whereas his "New Immigration" is the MTT sh**hole.  Dunno if other drivers are thinking in the same terms.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Taking a Taxi to get there is a challenge in itself as even the driver I had could not find the building, and instead I just had him drop me off at the IBIS hotel, and managed on my own from there. walking in to the location from that skywalk I posted in my photo.  It is a very empty location, and signage is very poor.  They should at least have something posted out on the roads.

It's almost as if they were intentionally trying to hide the place and make things as difficult as possible. But I'm sure they wouldn't do that. And they are completely unhelpful at the Government Complex. When you ask anything at the Information Desk about 90 days, they just say "go here" and throw you the map. You try to ask any other type of question about 90 days and they ignore it and just repeat themselves. And, yes, again, this was at the "Information" Desk.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At first, I had no idea what he meant by that, but eventually figured out that his "Old Immigration" was BKK CW Govt Complex, whereas his "New Immigration" is the MTT sh**hole. 

It's as if the Great Concrete God threw up on a parking lot.

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It's almost as if they were intentionally trying to hide the place and make things as difficult as possible. But I'm sure they wouldn't do that. And they are completely unhelpful at the Government Complex. When you ask anything at the Information Desk about 90 days, they just say "go here" and throw you the map. You try to ask any other type of question about 90 days and they ignore it and just repeat themselves. And, yes, again, this was at the "Information" Desk.

Ya, similar here... I had started out at BKK CW hopefully just wanting to find out if my mailed-in 90-day report had been registered / accepted into their system or not.  And I had my Thai wife ask about whether anyone there could answer that question, both at the Information Desk and at the queue tickets counter. And both places said no one at BKK CW could do anything about 90-day reporting, and we'd have to make the trek out to MTT.

So no, no help whatsoever at BKK CW regarding 90-day reporting. And equally so, no help even if you're already there doing an extension and re-entry permit or whatever. Doesn't matter. If you still need anything relating to 90-day reporting, they're going to tell you to schlep out to MTT. Just great!   :bah:

Here's the P-O-S paper map that the Immigration staff at BKK CW are handing out for directions to their MTT outpost. Big fracking help... (The yellow highlights are mine, added for emphasis). The map also shows the SCG reference that John Drake mentioned above as a marker that you're reached the point to turn right off the main road and into the Immigration compound.

2020-08-19-0001.thumb.jpg.a1ad384a7601e17936c2685aeb4101e1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So no, no help whatsoever at BKK CW regarding 90-day reporting. And equally so, no help even if you're already there doing an extension and re-entry permit or whatever. Doesn't matter. If you still need anything relating to 90-day reporting, they're going to tell you to schlep out to MTT. Just great!

By the time I got to the 90 Day office I was ready to blow. It probably showed. I know I was raising my voice. I do that because I have difficulty hearing and can't help myself. But my expression this time also probably put them on guard. As you know they hand out "A" cards and pink "B" cards. Because I was being "difficult" I got a pink B card. That turned out okay. Because I didn't need to wait. I was just sent right upstairs. Once there, the IO on the first desk for the A cards nodded to me while I was second in line for the B line. I went over there and got my duplicate 90 Day issued. That is when they told me they had mailed the original to me 16 days ago. So I was in and out quickly. But all those people who have been promising in other threads thata 90 days reporting would only take you five minutes are full of it. Today would easily have been an hour's wait. And I might even have hit the lunch break before going through. And, yes, anybody expecting to waltz through the Government Complex building in just a few minutes for their retirement extension can revise those plans too. Without an appointment, I would have been Number 50.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

My next 90-day reporting due date issued today at MTT is Nov. 18, so pretty much exactly 3 months/90-days from today's reporting date.

"(2) Aliens whose residency report is due on 26 March 2020 onwards and has not reported
within prescribed period, may report their residency in person or by assigning a person or via
The report of residency shall cover the total unreported period. The 90 days is started from

Well, as I explained above, at least in BKK, they're not accepting mailed-in 90-day reports from people who skipped a report during the amnesty period. That's exactly what the officer told me while there at MTT today. Have to appear IN PERSON so they can put a special stamp in one's passport.

After I mailed mine two weeks ago via EMS, thus far, I've gotten nothing back from Immigration at all in response to that. But another poster here did get a paper notice back in the mail from Immigration saying the same thing as I just recounted -- anyone who skipped during amnesty now has to report in person for just their next/catchup report.

I tried online reporting in early Aug. repeatedly. It failed, never would let me past the first online page. Obviously, I also sent in via EMS a subsequent mailed 90-day report filing, only to have it be ignored by Immigration and told today clearly that they weren't accepting online or mailed reports from those who skipped.

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My next 90-day reporting due date issued today at MTT is Nov. 18, so pretty much exactly 3 months/90-days from today's reporting date.

According to my date calculator it should of been November 16th. I have seen other reports of the dates they issue not being the true 90 day count.

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I also was given a new extension expiry date of Sept. 26, 2021 today.... even though I've had the same Sept. 17 annual renewal date ever since I took out my first extension here many years ago, same month/date entry every year no matter what date I went to renew.... Not sure why I got the added 9 days this year.

I wrote in another thread of receiving a new retirement extension expiry date of 26 SEP 2021 and have since read elsewhere of reports from at least 3 other immigration offices operating the same way for retirement extensions and giving the new extension expiry date of 26 SEP 2021.

I can also concur about the online appointment system which I also used at CW at the beginning of August when making my retirement extension and reentry permit and was finished with everything within 40 minutes ... my appointment time was 13:30 and there was no waiting whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's the stamp MTT Immigration in BKK graced my passport with today, explaining that the reason I had to do an in-person report -- and not by mail or online after skipping once during amnesty -- was so they could place this little sucker in my passport.

2020-08-19-0002.jpg.400c9b355cecff093bc8ae5d5a154ce6.jpg

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's the stamp MTT Immigration in BKK graced my passport with today, explaining that the reason I had to do an in-person report -- and not by mail or online after skipping once during amnesty -- was so they could place this little sucker in my passport.

They put the same thing in mine. And I didn't skip. I filed for both my regular 90 day reports. Received one back. Didn't get the last one.

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

They put the same thing in mine. And I didn't skip. I filed for both my regular 90 day reports. Received one back. Didn't get the last one.

The Thai text at the top is red color ink is talking about an announcement for foreigners regarding COVID, then a date earlier this year, and a mention of a Thai government ministry... so says my unofficial spousal translator.

It's not just some routine stamp they hand out anytime anyone does an in-person 90-day report.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Thai text at the top is red color ink is talking about an announcement for foreigners regarding COVID, then a date earlier this year, and a mention of a Thai government ministry... so says my unofficial spousal translator.

It's not just some routine stamp they hand out anytime anyone does an in-person 90-day report.

I don't like any red notice in my passport either. Don't know if they'll use it against me or not. But what disturbs me most is their saying that they mailed me the 90 Day notice and I didn't receive it. On the way back home, I stopped in the Taling Chan post office to ask why I am apparently not getting my mail (still waiting for my Social Security Form 7162 and two books sent from the US almost four months ago). Then, they give me the wonderful news that Taling Chan is no longer processing mail for Thawi Watthana. Is that why I didn't get the 90 Day? Somebody, somewhere is messing up, lying, or both.

I don't know if there's any truth to it or not... but someone posted here a while back claiming that they were told by their local Immigration officer that there was a possibility of ALL of BKK Immigration relocating to the MTT compound at some future point.

1720763172_2020-07ImmDiv1eventuallyplanstoallmovetoMTT.jpg.a1b79e96fca207743163251d32112137.jpg

If there's any truth to that, there's a real irony to be found...

For ages, BKK CW was FAR from the closest modern mass transit link, being at BTS Mochit, thus ensuring for most people that a somewhat lengthy taxi trip would be required to finish the trek to BKK CW after reaching Mochit.

Now finally this year, the government opens the new extension to the BTS Sukhumvit Line that takes you past Mochit and all the way north to Wat Phra Sri Mahathat, which under normal non-construction conditions would be a much shorter and pretty quick hop over to BKK CW....

So what does BKK Immigration turn around and do... but move a sizable part of their operation even FARTHER away out to MTT.... once again much farther away from modern mass transit like they were before with Mochit and CW... And who knows, maybe the whole Immigration operation will follow...

So then what will Immigration do once further rail extensions in coming years ultimately reach out toward MTT???  Just how much farther out can they keep moving outward from the central city before they run out of geographic BKK jurisdiction and start spilling over into another province???

18 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I also received a similar message in red (see attachment) in my passport printed underneath my actual retirement extension.

covid message.jpg

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just how much farther out can they keep moving outward from the central city before they run out of geographic BKK jurisdiction and start spilling over into another province???

Isn't that 90 Day office already in Nonthaburi? I looked on the map you gave and looks like it is right across the border line.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ajooma said:

I also received a similar message in red (see attachment) in my passport printed underneath my actual retirement extension.

covid message.jpg

I got a similar but not quite the same red stamp under my retirement extension as well today... But as best as I can tell, the wording is not the same as with the red 90-day stamp I posted above.

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I also was given a new extension expiry date of Sept. 26, 2021 today.... even though I've had the same Sept. 17 annual renewal date ever since I took out my first extension here many years ago, same month/date entry every year no matter what date I went to renew.... Not sure why I got the added 9 days this year.

That is is the day the amnesty ends and it is stated the extension would end start on September. I think that was meant to be for short stay extensions.

I don't think they will do mine that I applied for this month to the September 26th. But I will not know until I go back next month to get my extension stamp (marriage). I would prefer the didn't change it. Been getting the same dates for 12 year now and it would mean having to show 14 months of bank transfers.

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No stamp in my passport like that. Just the normal 90 day report receipt.

• Like 2