How to get to from Chaengwattana to 90 day office in Muang Thang Thani?

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that was meant to be for short stay extensions.

Re Sept. 26, that's what I thought also... that the Sept end date was just supposed to be the amnesty-related end date for short-term extensions...

It would appear, however, that BKK CW has their own different view about that, and are applying that date for regular annual retirement extensions that are coming their way right now.

Here's what the full retirement extension stamp looks like, with red sub-stamp included.

2020-08-19-0003b.jpg.5b1ff3101004a02a3f896551619fd2af.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If there's any truth to that, there's a real irony to be found...

I've got something far more ironic. I live a couple of hundred meters from Nakhon Pathom province. For years I did my immigration requirements at the Nakhon Pathom Immigration office, which is about 7 km from my house on Putthamonthon Sai 5. It costs me about 100 baht to take a taxi there and the ride is about 15 minutes.  Even though I live in Bangkok by a few meters, my employer was in Nakhon Pathom and immigration was handled through them. When I retired, I was told by Nakhon Pathom that, no, my official residence is in Bangkok and I must now go 42 km to Chaengwattana and spend, today, 400 baht in a two and half hour taxi ride. So, is "Bangkok" Immigration going to move to Nonthaburi? And I will now need to go through two provinces from my closest Immigration office?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Isn't that 90 Day office already in Nonthaburi? I looked on the map you gave and looks like it is right across the border line.

You're right... The address is in Nonthaburi province..   So perhaps they have even more room to maneuver still...

Screenshot_6.jpg.793c239e4d20a79d0c5149d0dd315f16.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Re Sept. 26, that's what I thought also... that the Sept end date was just supposed to be the amnesty-related end date for short-term extensions...

It would appear, however, that BKK CW has their own different view about that, and are applying that date for regular annual retirement extensions that are coming their way right now.

I have since read elsewhere of reports from at least 3 other immigration offices (Chiangmai, Nong Bua Lamphu and Korat) as well as CW Bangkok operating the same way for retirement extensions and giving the new extension expiry date of 26 SEP 2021.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, John Drake said:

They put the same thing in mine. And I didn't skip. I filed for both my regular 90 day reports. Received one back. Didn't get the last one.

Did you do the last in person 90 day report in time on the date or within the window they give to make a 90 day report?

When I did my 90 day report few weeks ago, I was 10 days past the date on the my last reporting slip, I knew I was late. I thought imm put that stamp and red notation as I evidence I was late and was not fined due to covid 19.

Edited by userabcd

29 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're right... The address is in Nonthaburi province..   So perhaps they have even more room to maneuver still...

Screenshot_6.jpg.793c239e4d20a79d0c5149d0dd315f16.jpg

Just hope its not out the other way to Minburi... 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Curious why people are getting a new extension date of Sep. 26, 2021.

Will anyone filing on or before get that same date?

What if you file on Sep 28? 

Prior posts in this thread by another member say that several other offices are doing the same right now for retirement extensions.... Who knows for how long.

If there's any consistency with Thai Immigration, it's that they're very consistent in being INconsistent.

6 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Did you do the last in person 90 day report in time on the date or within the window they give to make a 90 day report?

When I did my 90 day report few weeks ago, I was 10 days past the date on the my last reporting slip, I knew I was late. I thought imm put that stamp and red notation as I evidence I was late and was not fined due to covid 19.

Mine was due on 31 July. I sent it by EMS mail on 11 July. Immigration signed off receiving it on 13 July, according to the Thai Post tracking site. I never got my stamped, self addressed envelope returned to me with the new notification.

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Mine was due on 31 July. I sent it by EMS mail on 11 July. Immigration signed off receiving it on 13 July, according to the Thai Post tracking site. I never got my stamped, self addressed envelope returned to me with the new notification.

But if I'm following you right, that appears to have been a mail delivery problem by Thai Post, more than a failure by Immigration to send back your reporting receipt?

24 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Ok thanks, you were on time with the report and they still put that stamp in your passport.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

Ok thanks, you were on time with the report and they still put that stamp in your passport.

Yes, that is the issue. It is verified fact that they received my report on time. Today, they even told me they mailed it on 3 August. I just didn't get it. So despite the fact that they said they mailed, that they said I was registered in the system as having mailed the report (that is why my "duplicate" is only good until 2 November), they went ahead and stamped the red alert in my passport. Nice, huh.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My queue line wait at MTT today, starting at 11 am... lasted almost a full hour before we were allowed inside... No appointment. Just regular queue.

However, just the opposite at BKK CW. I did have a 9:15 am appointment made online for my retirement extension. Was taken ontime for that, finished the extension and the follow-on re-entry permit, and then spent some more time diddling about my 90-day reporting issue. Was all done at BKK CW by 10:30 am.  It pays to do the online appointment slot for handling one's retirement extension.

TG,

I'll be doing a marriage extension of stay mid Sept....I'm switching from a retirement extension of stay to a marriage extension of stay.  I see at CW's online appt system where they offer an appt for Retirement extension (like you had) but didn't see a category for Marriage extension.  See below...where I did a snapshot from their appt system..  Extension Visa for Retirement is the first on....then a bunch more....a few more I didn't include in the snapshot but those few more had nothing to do with marriage extensions.  

Maybe a person can not make an appt for marriage extension?  Do you (or anybody know)?  Thanks.

image.png.2f892bdc99ea90803ce7668cb55b62d6.png

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

TG,

I'll be doing a marriage extension of stay mid Sept....I'm switching from a retirement extension of stay to a marriage extension of stay.  I see at CW's online appt system where they offer an appt for Retirement extension (like you had) but didn't see a category for Marriage extension.  See below...where I did a snapshot from their appt system..  Extension Visa for Retirement is the first on....then a bunch more....a few more I didn't include in the snapshot but those few more had nothing to do with marriage extensions.  

Maybe a person can not make an appt for marriage extension?  Do you (or anybody know)?  Thanks.

Pib, I noticed the same apparent lacking re marriage extensions when I was doing the online appointment process signup recently for BKK CW as well... Kept looking thru the long list of appointment categories, trying to see if perhaps they had labeled the marriage extensions item as some other obscure title... But in the end, I didn't find it either.

Is it possible they're NOT doing the marriage extensions via the relatively new appointment channel because it's a somewhat more involved process for the IOs?

12 minutes ago, Pib said:

TG,

Apparently it is not possible to schedule an online appointment for Thai wife extension at CW at the moment.

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Is it possible they're NOT doing the marriage extensions via the relatively new appointment channel because it's a somewhat more involved process for the IOs?

Could be....a marriage extension is definitely more complicated than a retirement extension (not to imply a marriage extension is hard...just some extra paperwork plus must have the spouse with you).  

Just set an appointment for my retirement extension 2 months out and secured the first appointment of the day, just so it coincides with my 90 day reports that I have been doing on-line.  Was going to also make one for a re-entry permit, but at this rate, unsure if I should throw that money out the window and do it or wait until it looks like I can fly back to the US for a visit sometime next year, if they open things up.  

On another note that new complex at MTT looks like it was built for a specific purpose.  I wonder if the rumors about the main immigration division moving there from CW has any truth to it.  But then why the need for the Nonthaburi Immigration office, which is also brand new.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pib said:

Maybe a person can not make an appt for marriage extension?  Do you (or anybody know)?

There is no appointment for them. I was advising a person about it a while and he tried the retirement one but was told they do have them for marriage when he went to CW.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just set an appointment for my retirement extension 2 months out and secured the first appointment of the day, just so it coincides with my 90 day reports that I have been doing on-line.

People using the 800K in the bank method for their income requirement might want to make sure their appointment leaves them enough time to go downstairs, wait in line for their bank letter, and get photo copies of the updated passbook with that day's mandatory transaction.

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, John Drake said:

People using the 800K in the bank method for their income requirement might want to make sure their appointment leaves them enough time to go downstairs, wait in line for their bank letter, and get photo copies of the updated passbook with that day's mandatory transaction.

I did forget about that. Going back and changing the appointment now as going and updating the bank book the evening before wont be ok with them as it has to be the same day.  Thank you.

What time do the Bank offices open or can it just be updated through the Update passbook feature on those certain ATM's

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I did forget about that. Going back and changing the appointment now as going and updating the bank book the evening before wont be ok with them as it has to be the same day.  Thank you.

What time do the Bank offices open or can it just be updated through the Update passbook feature on those certain ATM's

I believe Bangkok Bank, which is my bank, opens at 8:30. It did last year, when I arrived for the early stampede. This year, my appointment was at 10:45, and I went to the bank before even going into Immigration. 

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh, and you never know how long you will need to wait. I had one person in front of me at the bank. But he literally had a duffel bag full of money he was depositing and it took forever for the bank clerk to run all his money through the money counting machine. Fortunately, a second clerk finally showed up after a while, and that did help cut the wait time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Krungsri/Ayudhya at BKK CW also opens at 8:30 am... They have both an ATM machine and a passbook update machine located outside the branch itself, so those can be used anytime the broader building is open...  I'd imagine most of the other banks there are similar.

But for the bank letter, that you need to get inside the branch during banking hours.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Krungsri/Ayudhya at BKK CW also opens at 8:30 am... They have both an ATM machine and a passbook update machine located outside the branch itself, so those can be used anytime the broader building is open...

But for the bank letter, that you need to get inside the branch during banking hours.

I bank with Kasikorn, and I know they have an office there.  I will get my letter taken care of at the branch around the corner from my house the Friday before which is 4 days before my appointment.  The morning of the appointment I will go in with my Fixed deposit account bank book as well as my regular saving and have them updated.  I was wondering if I needed to have my 12 months of statements also for the savings account to show that the money for the fixed deposit account originated from the US on an international transfer before it was withdrawn from the savings and used to open the fixed deposit account.  Maybe I am reading to much into this, but immigration makes me worried sometimes as to how they see things, and I do not want it to be rejected because the Fixed deposit account opened up with money already in Thailand.

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I bank with Kasikorn, and I know they have an office there.  I will get my letter taken care of at the branch around the corner from my house the Friday before which is 4 days before my appointment.  The morning of the appointment I will go in with my Fixed deposit account bank book as well as my regular saving and have them updated.  I was wondering if I needed to have my 12 months of statements also for the savings account to show that the money for the fixed deposit account originated from the US on an international transfer before it was withdrawn from the savings and used to open the fixed deposit account.  Maybe I am reading to much into this, but immigration makes me worried sometimes as to how they see things, and I do not want it to be rejected because the Fixed deposit account opened up with money already in Thailand.

AFAIK, as long as you have the required deposit amounts in the eligible Thai bank accounts for the required periods of time, BKK CW isn't known with being concerned for where the funds originated from or how they got into particular accounts.

You would only need 12 months of statements for whatever account/accounts you're using to prove you had the required 800K on deposit.

Proving the deposit amounts in a Thai bank account is a different matter than the 12 monthly foreign incoming transfers method, where you get into more esoteric things like are the incoming transfers coded by the Thai bank as international or domestic. None of that with the basic 800K on deposit scheme.

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

AFAIK, as long as you have the required deposit amounts in the eligible Thai bank accounts for the required periods of time, BKK CW isn't known with being concerned for where the funds originated from or how they got into particular accounts.

You would only need 12 months of statements for whatever account/accounts you're using to prove you had the required 800K on deposit.

However, for a first time extension of stay based on the O-A visa, I was under the impression that I only needed the funds in the Fixed Deposit account for 2 months prior.  I just transferred the money into my savings account with KBank at the beginning of this month, and then opened up the Fixed deposit account with 1 million baht.  Prior to that I started to transfer around 90,000 baht monthly in January of this year, prior to Covid, Had to wait out the time on one of a few  CD's I have in the US, before the money was available.  Trying like hell to keep most of my funds in the US accounts I have.