How to get to from Chaengwattana to 90 day office in Muang Thang Thani?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Why on earth would you stuff around in these delicate times. 

I also deal with CW. 

Have been Koh Samed for last 5 months and went back to BKK to do my 90 report week ago. 

I don't want stuff ups for extension mid Oct.

Go to MTT is my advice. Very easy for you at least.

I just said I "prefer" not to go to MTT before my extension application at CW in mid Sep; I didn't say I would not go because I hope the 90 day report I mailed in will process OK as normal and I'll get it back in a couple of weeks...well before my mid Sep renewal application.  But if I don't get it back a week before my application I will make a trip to MTT although I prefer/hope it don't come to that.

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I also received what I had sent 30 July today with the do it in person stamp (as did not do when they requested us not to do so).  At least they sent the copies back.

Hey, that's pretty good.... :bah:

Your original EMS to them probably took a day to arrive to BKK CW...  And then their letter back to you using your SASE took a couple days at most. And in between those two endpoints, it took them almost 3 weeks to answer back to you that they weren't going to accept your mailed in report.

It would tend to lead to some speculation that the documents path from BKK CW to MTT isn't exactly running smoothly, and/or, the new operation at MTT is lackadaisical at best.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pib said:

I just said I "prefer" not to go to MTT before my extension application at CW in mid Sep; I didn't say I would not go because I hope the 90 day report I mailed in will process OK as normal and I'll get it back in a couple of weeks...well before my mid Sep renewal application.  But if I don't get it back a week before my application I will make a trip to MTT although I prefer/hope it don't come to that.

I thought the "Amnesty" for 90 day reports was only until the 31st August so if yours is due on 28th August you would need to do it by 4th September (7 days afterwards) or face a 2,000 THB fine. 

Not sure exactly when your extension is due, mine was due on the 19th Sept & I did it on 19th Aug (was extended until 26th Sept 2021) but you can do it up to 45 days in advance so if you are worried about your 90 day report you might want to consider doing it earlier this year

8 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought the "Amnesty" for 90 day reports was only until the 31st August so if yours is due on 28th August you would need to do it by 4th September (7 days afterwards) or face a 2,000 THB fine. 

Ninety day reports are not required until after September 26th under the ministerial notice that extended it until September.

It is only a request by immigration that you do the  reports that you have skipped by August 31st. No fines for not doing them until after September 26th.

• Thanks 1

FYI MTT does not appear to be busy at present and was no wait for queue at 0930 and only about 30 seconds wait for officer doing 90 day report.  Also there is now a large manned guard gate open directly across from Impact Exhibition Center Hong Kong Fisherman (Popular Soi) which makes easy access.  Many taxi in queue in front of 90 day report building for return trips this morning.

TM30 fine/report in passport seemed to be of interest and was asked to spell name of Mooban (which varies by source).  Other than that uneventful and next report due 24 November.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

FYI MTT does not appear to be busy at present and was no wait for queue at 0930 and only about 30 seconds wait for officer doing 90 day report.  Also there is now a large manned guard gate open directly across from Impact Exhibition Center Hong Kong Fisherman (Popular Soi) which makes easy access.  Many taxi in queue in front of 90 day report building for return trips this morning.

TM30 fine/report in passport seemed to be of interest and was asked to spell name of Mooban (which varies by source).  Other than that uneventful and next report due 24 November.

Did you ask them why they had rejected your mailed in report?  Or about the red stamp they're putting in passports?

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Did you ask them why they had rejected your mailed in report?  Or about the red stamp they're putting in passports?

No the rejection had the same form others have posted - that they must stamp passport in person - which indeed they did.  Did not mention mail filing and just presented a new TM47 and old receipt and passport.  Initial building entry has two sets of step marks - left for those signing name/number and right for those using smartphone.  Once tamp taken and marker put on shirt you go left to stairs to parking lot waiting area/queue number issue/forms fill out and once have queue onward to inside office area (line) and at door directed to next free officer.  As said no queue today so not sure how outside waiting is handled if there is a crowd (many plastic chairs in that area).  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit off topic. I attended MTT AUG 14 for 90 report. Easy quick process.

I also applied for residence certificate. They said would take 2-3 weeks. 

It arrived Aug 22. So only one week. Good

I applied for 3 residence certificates on August 17th, 1st customer of tge day at 8:30 am. Mail has come already today and nothing in the mail as of yet. Will let you folks know how long my certs took to get back in the mail. They did say up to 2 weeks and if they have not arrived to call. They did had me an ems slip.  Tracking it is useless.

8 minutes ago, toHs said:

Ok so I'm going to go into MTT this week for 90days. What do I need to bring with me? Thanks

Mask - passport - receipt for previous report - tm.47 filled out and signed for this report (or fill out at MTT in waiting area). 

Edited by lopburi3

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Mask - passport - receipt for previous report - tm.47 filled out and signed for this report (or fill out at MTT in waiting area). 

Ok great thanks. My first report was during the period so yeah.. 

On 8/21/2020 at 5:43 PM, TLDave said:

I am not able to climb steps unaided (and no handrail) but the assistant willingly helped me mount those steps. 

Are you sure?  What I climbed today was obviously a fire escape stairwell but had handrail on right side going up, which I used (but only solid wall on other side).  Not too many stairs but enough and you then have the entire building car park to cross to get to queue and then to office.  There seemed to be a lot more persons processing people than there ever was at CW (which was often one or two).  And you were able to sit while doing.  It was follow the exit signs to leave (which takes you back to where you entered by a different route). 

Edited by lopburi3

On 8/18/2020 at 2:46 PM, John Drake said:

That's a helluva drive just to do the damn 90 day. I live a few hundred meters from Nakhon Pathom province and a round trip to Chaengwattana costs me around 1000 baht by taxi. And, yes, the immigration office for Nakhon Pathom is about 7 km and 15 minutes away. Worse is the three hours it takes to drive there, with more than one hour spent on the last two km or so.

WHAT is wrong with POST or DO IT ONLINE ????

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, essox essox said:

Well apparently some folks have to do it in person at the MTT location because of issue with either the Thai post, immigration notreturningthe 90 day done by post, or not doing the 90 day during the amnesty.  That equates to those option you suggest are not available to them and the lovely IO needs to see there smiling faces.  It is quite a jaunt for me as well took almost 2 hours from the Sathon Area, traffic sucks, and I needed just a certificate of residence.  Why even using the MRT, then BTS and then finally a Taxi takes a while to get out to that location.

Edited by ThailandRyan

11 minutes ago, essox essox said:

They changed the rules and are not allowing anything but human reporting if people did as previously requested by immigration and forgo reporting during 26 March - 31 July.  They now say we are late and must put a red stamp in our passports.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2020 at 2:48 PM, Max69xl said:

Have you never used Google Maps? If that's to hard,hop on a motorbike taxi. 

Be careful using Google maps.  The directions will tell you to turn right onto Popular Road, then lead you through rough, confusing unpaved roads with no signs.  The Grab app directions will do the same.  Use the map above that Sean Carroll posted.  Going north you need to go past Popular Road, then make the first right turn, going under the expressway.

On 8/24/2020 at 7:52 PM, lopburi3 said:

Not sure you understand - he has done everything correctly and has not missed any 90 day reports so mail in option should be fine.  He has made his current report but waiting to obtain 

I just got my receipt sent 21 July long nervous wait

2 hours ago, JTXR said:

Be careful using Google maps.  The directions will tell you to turn right onto Popular Road, then lead you through rough, confusing unpaved roads with no signs.  The Grab app directions will do the same.  Use the map above that Sean Carroll posted.  Going north you need to go past Popular Road, then make the first right turn, going under the expressway.

Actually the main entrance is open on Popular Road now - used with a taxi yesterday.  In front of North Side Impact Exhibition Hall.  Taxi home used the under expressway route and onto the expressway.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tacchan23 said:

I found this video showing the entrance of the building and the stairs/lifts, in case someone else likes to see the place layout before going to a new place like me^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfYXQWjVfz4

Good overview - exactly as it appeared this week (but used stairs for exit).

On 8/19/2020 at 7:38 PM, ThailandRyan said:

On another note that new complex at MTT looks like it was built for a specific purpose.  I wonder if the rumors about the main immigration division moving there from CW has any truth to it.  But then why the need for the Nonthaburi Immigration office, which is also brand new.

It was built to be the new offices of the Central Investigation Bureau, which is currently housed at Police HQ near Central World. I'm assuming Immigration put their emergency satellite office there since the building was sitting empty and was already owned by the police. I haven't seen any report of when CIB is supposed to move there. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, khunjeff said:

It was built to be the new offices of the Central Investigation Bureau, which is currently housed at Police HQ near Central World. I'm assuming Immigration put their emergency satellite office there since the building was sitting empty and was already owned by the police. I haven't seen any report of when CIB is supposed to move there. 

There is permanent engraved Immigration sign on the fence at MTT. That would suggest Immigration will occupy this facility.

30 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

There is permanent engraved Immigration sign on the fence at MTT. That would suggest Immigration will occupy this facility.

That's why I asked the question I did, as the rumors I had been told, and after my visit I noticed the same signage.  Maybe they just took one out of storage and added it as they are occupying the spot for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 8:49 AM, asiaexpat said:

@Pib

Posted a report today in another thread after visiting MTT and talking with the IOs there in EN... They were talking about MTT as a temporary location and about hoping to get back to CW sometime "soon".

I also asked do I mail future reports to the CW address like I've been doing for year or to their MTT location?  The IO said continue to mail to CW as their MTT location is only temporary and they hope to be moving back to CW "soon."  Said that in English. 

Her supervisor at the next desk overhead the "soon" response and jokingly said "soon" but in a "they sure hope so" type way.  It was obvious to me the IOs at MTT right now want to get back to CW also as the MTT setup is bare-bones, hot, stuck out in a lonely place, etc.

On 9/1/2020 at 1:44 AM, khunjeff said:

On 9/1/2020 at 8:49 AM, asiaexpat said:

asiaexpat,

When you say "permanent engraved" immigration sign that gives me a vision of stone engraving.   I drove to MTT today to do a 90 day report and while I saw a big plastic/wood type immigration sign hanging on a fence it was not an engraved into stone type sign.   

As khunjeff referenced I did see a big stone engraved sign saying the Central Investigation Bureau since those facilities were built for that bureau.   

And two IOs at MTT told me the immigration MTT setup is temporary....they will be moving back "soon" although they couldn't define "soon" as next month, 3 months from now, etc.  But one thing for sure they have  bare-bones setup...nothing appeared to me that they were moving in for a long term/permanent stay at MTT.  For now they were just sweating it out with minimum equipment until COVID social distance requirements allow CW immigration to return to all under one roof at the CW govt complex.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 7:42 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From the other thread referenced above:

It's due north of the Impact MMT area and just across the street to the north from the Thunder Dome complex shown on the map below.

An excellent post, with marked-up maps and all.

Very many thanks, John (How tall?)

I need to go to extend my tourist visa with a covid letter this week I  usually go to changwattana from mo chit BTS station and just hop on a bike for 120-150 baht - takes about 15 minutes

how long does it take to get to the new temporary office from mo chit BTS ? And also how much did you roughly pay?

or is it best that I make my way to CW first and then hop on another bike there?

Do you expect it to be busy on Friday 25th?

Edited by Jackcwba
K