Jump to content

UK Embassy Query Notary Public UK


Recommended Posts

I have today posted the following question on the UK embassy web site.

 

"If a UK citizen presents the embassy with an UK notarised document from an UK notary public regarding the income of that individual. Will then the embassy then issue a  a certificate regarding that person's income that will be acceptable to the Thai immigration. Given that a notarised document is true and legally binding the onus is no longer on the Embassy to guarantee the details are correct."

 

I will post any answer that I get.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely if you've gone to the trouble and expense of notarising a statement of income, why would you not just give it straight to Immigration ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, philba said:

Surely if you've gone to the trouble and expense of notarising a statement of income, why would you not just give it straight to Immigration ?

Not sure whether either Immigration or the Embassy would be prepared to accept (or endorse as the case may be) a notarised income statement provided by a UK notary public which had not first been formally legalised under the bureaucratically cumbersome procedure described in the following link:-

 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/714089/Legalisation_info_June_2018.pdf

 

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sattahipchris said:

They just sent a standard response about getting documents notarised in Thailand. I'll try again emphasing the points it was either incorrectly read or deliberately misread.

Unfortunately that's what they do, they think the standard published information answers all questions.

To be frank, I think you're flogging a dead horse about this. They've effectively told the Thai authorities they won't be issuing any more income letters and I bet Immigration would insist on evidence of monthly 65k deposits even if you turned up with one.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Unfortunately that's what they do, they think the standard published information answers all questions.

To be frank, I think you're flogging a dead horse about this. They've effectively told the Thai authorities they won't be issuing any more income letters and I bet Immigration would insist on evidence of monthly 65k deposits even if you turned up with one.

Fair point that we do often use standard information in our responses - it meets many needs but not all, so apologies when that is the case. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

I’m sorry you received a standard response. It wasn’t a deliberate misreading of your message but I can appreciate it wasn’t what you needed. To answer your question, no, we wouldn’t issue a certificate regarding income. We understand your point about the documents being authenticated in some form elsewhere but this service has stopped and there are other ways to meet the Thai visa requirements, so we would not be able to help.

Wouldn't have expected any other reply from my country's foreign "service". 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

I’m sorry you received a standard response. It wasn’t a deliberate misreading of your message but I can appreciate it wasn’t what you needed. To answer your question, no, we wouldn’t issue a certificate regarding income. We understand your point about the documents being authenticated in some form elsewhere but this service has stopped and there are other ways to meet the Thai visa requirements, so we would not be able to help.

So this begs the question, why are you not taking this up with the Thai Authorities on behalf of the UK Citizens?  This smacks of "don't give us any extra work or responsibilities", which I find more than pathetic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 4:58 PM, philba said:

Surely if you've gone to the trouble and expense of notarising a statement of income, why would you not just give it straight to Immigration ?

I doubt the embassy would confirm somebody else' confirmation. You can only confirm something you established yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 1:25 PM, sattahipchris said:

They just sent a standard response about getting documents notarised in Thailand. I'll try again emphasing the points it was either incorrectly read or deliberately misread.

You need to show your immigration office a 12 months bank statement showing 65k monthly foreign deposits. The UK embassy won't issue an income letter and immigration knows that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 1:08 PM, jesimps said:

Wouldn't have expected any other reply from my country's foreign "service". 

The OP could sign a 'Stat Dec' (Statutory Declaration; They confirm he signed in their presence) but this would involve a trip to Bkk, making an appointment, would be costly and does not constitute a guarantee of income. It is far easier (and cheaper) to present a 12 month bank statement to immigration instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don't understand is why so many people have problems with this very simple requirement. Open a Thai bank account and show the I/O the 65,000 or 40,000 going in every month over the previous year. The bank verifies this as does your passbook. No need for embassy letter, notaries public etc etc etc. Do this if you8 haven't got 800,000 to leave in an account.

 

What I do is even more simple, put 800,000+ into a bank account and let it sit there for the year. On the morning of the retirement extension, I go to the bank, use the ATM to take out a small sum, say 1000 baht, then go in, get the passbook updated, and have the bank issue the letter and the bank statement. It takes 1/2 hour or so. I've never had a problem.....and generally if the money's ok, the I/0 is happy.

Am I a genius because it seems that no one has thought of this "trick"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

What I don't understand is why so many people have problems with this very simple requirement. Open a Thai bank account and show the I/O the 65,000 or 40,000 going in every month over the previous year. The bank verifies this as does your passbook. No need for embassy letter, notaries public etc etc etc. Do this if you8 haven't got 800,000 to leave in an account.

 

What I do is even more simple, put 800,000+ into a bank account and let it sit there for the year. On the morning of the retirement extension, I go to the bank, use the ATM to take out a small sum, say 1000 baht, then go in, get the passbook updated, and have the bank issue the letter and the bank statement. It takes 1/2 hour or so. I've never had a problem.....and generally if the money's ok, the I/0 is happy.

Am I a genius because it seems that no one has thought of this "trick"?

imo the reasons for ceasing this practice of 'vouching' was because the embassy felt it was being duped by those who cannot afford to do what you did but nevertheless said they could. As the Embassy represents the UK abroad I hardly blame them. Those that this affected negatively that in reality had these funds (as disposable income) have only their compatriots to blame, the ones that were lying..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...