Up to date documents required to renew A Non-Immigrant O Visa

Just now, david2923 said:

How many days in advance must I extend (submit documents)?

David, what method are you using for financials? Money in bank or monthly income. 

You do not summit anything in advance.

Your submit on day of application.

David,

Your obviously a little confused by the correct terminology.

Where did you obtain this Non O Visa and when?

What is your nationality?

Will you use the 400K in the bank method, or the 40K per month overseas transfers as proof of financials?

• Like 2

I’m in a similar position. My current non O based on marriage was issued in HCMC and I believe that means applying for a new VISA rather than renewing? I’ve ordered a bank statement for 3 months and covering letter to confirm over 400k baht has been in my local bank during that time. We’ve contacted the landlord asking for a copy of his ID card and House Registration to be certified by him. Will sort out the photos today. My experience at Chaemgwattana has been dreadful in previous years hence going to Vietnam, which was an easy process. Any advice or link to full info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, leicester said:

I’m in a similar position. My current non O based on marriage was issued in HCMC and I believe that means applying for a new VISA rather than renewing?

It means applying for a 1 year extension of your permission of stay (a permit, not a Visa).

If your Non Imm O ME is still valid, CW will process your extension application.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If your Non Imm O ME is still valid, CW will process your extension application.

Are you saying it depends on the Visa still being valid, rather than the Permission of Stay it procured?

10 minutes ago, leicester said:

I’m in a similar position. My current non O based on marriage was issued in HCMC and I believe that means applying for a new VISA rather than renewing? I’ve ordered a bank statement for 3 months and covering letter to confirm over 400k baht has been in my local bank during that time. We’ve contacted the landlord asking for a copy of his ID card and House Registration to be certified by him. Will sort out the photos today. My experience at Chaemgwattana has been dreadful in previous years hence going to Vietnam, which was an easy process. Any advice or link to full info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@leicester

You are not applying for a new Visa.  You will apply for the 1-year extension of stay of the 90-day permission to stay provided on the basis of your Non Imm O marriage when you entered Thailand.

That 90-day permission to stay obviously already expired, so you are most probably currently staying here under the Amnesty extension (unless you applied already for an intermediate 60-day extension of stay).

Please note that it is possible that your local IO will not accept your application for the 1-year extension of stay because some IOs don't want to do this from an Amnesty extension.

But if you did not already apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependant children, you could first apply for that 60-day extension and from the 'valid' permission to stay that 60-day extension will provide you, you can then apply for the 1-year extension of stay.  It would also provide you with sufficient time to season the 400K funds-in-bank which need to be on a personal thai bank-account (a joint one is not accepted) for at least TWO months on the day of application (which will not be necessary in your case as you wrote that you already have the funds for 3 months on your thai bank-account).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

There is no requirement to have a valid visa when applying for a extension of stay.

My single entry non-o I used to apply for my first extension 12 years ago was not valid since I had used it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Are you saying it depends on the Visa still being valid, rather than the Permission of Stay it procured?

That would appear to be the case at CW in light of the amnesty.

If your Non Imm O ME is still valid (not the POS) they will process a 1 year extension.

If your Non Imm O ME has expired, then it's a 60 day extension, Non O, extension route.

Don't ask why, I don't understand their logic, but accord to reports from CW, that's how it's working.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to have a valid visa when applying for a extension of stay.

My single entry non-o I used to apply for my first extension 12 years ago was not valid since I had used it. 

Agreed, but in this unprecedented situation Immigration aren't following the standard procedures.

Already confirmed reports from CW if on the automatic extension of POS, providing the Non O Visa is still valid, they will process a 1 year extension application.

If the Visa validity has expired, it's a different story - go figure!

I can only assume their logic is, if the validity of the Visa is still valid, then if the borders were open you could have done a border run to obtain another 90 days.

Normally, If one's POS has been extended even automatically, the validity of the Visa is irrelevant and they should be able to apply for a 1 year extension provided they meet the financial requirements.

Edited by Tanoshi

26 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Already confirmed reports from CW if on the automatic extension of POS, providing the Non O Visa is still valid, they will process a 1 year extension application.

I think that may be a misunderstanding or somebody calling their permit to stay a non-o visa.

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that may be a misunderstanding or somebody calling their permit to stay a non-o visa.

I may agree with you, as in this topic, I'm not convinced the OP has a Non Imm O, he may have an extension, but in this particular case the member @sandyf entered in February on a Non Imm O ME and was currently on the extended permission of stay granted by the amnesty.

From other reported cases where the validity of the Non Imm O had expired, if eligible they've been allowed to apply for a 60 day extension to get a 'valid' (IO's perspective) permission of stay, then apply Non O > extension.

Crazy indifferences across the Country.

From my perspective and I believe the same as yours, if you entered VE, TV, or Non O and your permission of stay has been automatically extended, even by virtue of the amnesty, then the standard orders should apply for 30/60 day extensions, change of Visa status, or annual extensions, provided you meet the criteria and conditions of the orders.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david2923 said:

received Middle November 2019 at Nonthaburi office

> Obviously your post is an answer to a question posed earlier.  But which one?  Using the QUOTE option when responding to a post would facilitate context.

I posted this in the "immigration-bank" thread a short time ago but I think it may be more relevant here.  Administrators - please forgive me for repetition but the poster may find it useful:

When I had a bit of a problem at my local IO about EXACTLY what they wanted for my extension I asked the officer [nicely] to write down for me what he wanted.

He did this and when I went back [after a lot of re-arrangements which I will not go into] when I spoke to him I produced the piece of paper he had actually written.  Very difficult for him to come up with anything new or argue when faced with his own handwriting.

In future - if there is any doubt whatsoever or possibility of change - I will be asking for the same thing.

Just a tip some people may find useful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I may agree with you, as in this topic, I'm not convinced the OP has a Non Imm O, he may have an extension, but in this particular case the member @sandyf entered in February on a Non Imm O ME and was currently on the extended permission of stay granted by the amnesty.

From other reported cases where the validity of the Non Imm O had expired, if eligible they've been allowed to apply for a 60 day extension to get a 'valid' (IO's perspective) permission of stay, then apply Non O > extension.

Crazy indifferences across the Country.

From my perspective and I believe the same as yours, if you entered VE, TV, or Non O and your permission of stay has been automatically extended, even by virtue of the amnesty, then the standard orders should apply for 30/60 day extensions, change of Visa status, or annual extensions, provided you meet the criteria and conditions of the orders.

Just to clarify my visa was valid and will be until early Nov. They refused to accept an application for a 60 day extension on the grounds that more than 60 days had passed since the stamp expired. There was no problem with me applying for a 12 month extension.

The comment by Ubonjoe is irrelevant, he would have applied for an extension before initial 90 days expired and would have had a valid permission to stay stamp in passport ever since.

People whose permission to stay that has expired do not have a valid permission to stay stamp in their passport, that is a fact which was highlighted by DLT when I tried to renew my licence.

Immigration is now in uncharted territory over these stamps with differing interpretations. The view taken by my office is that the amnesty was for tourists and people on ME Non O are considered to be living here, not tourists. Despite the restrictions that have been in place they see ME Non O holders as having abused the system.

How widespread that perception is would be anyone's guess.

• Thanks 1

It has been noted elsewhere on TV that one-year permissions to stay must be renewed on a normal basis ie., before they expire.  The OP doesn’t clarify what he has.  It would help the discussion if he specified what he has and on what basis he wants to extend.

35 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

What do you need when applying for a retirement visa not based on marriage

with 800,000 baht in the bank for 2 months?

Basically copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension stamp if any and TM6 departure card.

Copies of updated bank book and original showing the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months. Letter from the bank confirming your account and balance on the day it is written (note this if for the first extension).

Some office may want more passport copies and proof of residence.

• Like 1

The PDF ubonjoe posted is exactly what I needed to get my extension from CW. The first two or three years I used to get a new kor ror 2, but every time I handed it to them they'd curtly shove it back at me like, "you don't need that!". After that I never got a new one and they've never asked. 

Also, at CW, you must keep at least 400k in your account untouched until you go back and get your official extension stamp. They wanna see your bankbook and copies have been kept at at least 400k for 30 days after you apply. 

• Thanks 1