Cha-Am: Shooting at holiday beach - two in hospital after disagreement over deck chairs/speedboats

webfact

Cha-Am: Shooting at holiday beach - two in hospital after disagreement over deck chairs/speedboats

2pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Police rushed to the north end of Cha-Am beach yesterday evening after 191 received reports of gunfire and casualties at 6.17 pm. 

Two men had been shot with a 9 mm gun in the area of Soi 4, reported 77kaoded. 

Krissada, 25, was hit in the abdomen and right leg. 

Jarukit, 36, was hit three times in the abdomen and once each in an arm and a leg. 

They were taken to Cha-Am hospital. One in a critical condition was later transferred to Phetchaburi Hospital. 

2pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The media said that there was initially a fist fight after a disagreement concerning deckchair and speedboat operations. It then turned much nastier. 

The shooter is thought to be a 32 year old Cha-Am municipal authority worker called Thanaphon. 

Cha-Am police are hunting for him.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-19

• Sad 1

I was going to make a dismissive comment, but it seems we are getting a violent murder murder at least once a month now. We had the shooting of the seafood restaurant owner at the start of the month;  four bullets to the head, chest, hip and arm while he was in bed; The fellow who had his face bashed in and was  found in his pickup truck in a staged crash by his wife and her friends; And the two men who were shot near in the Bo Khaem canal.

I always used to think of Cha- Am as a sleepy town where the  biggest excitement  was the weekly expat card game where saucy language was used.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I was going to make a dismissive comment, but it seems we are getting a violent murder murder at least once a month now. We had the shooting of the seafood restaurant owner at the start of the month;  four bullets to the head, chest, hip and arm while he was in bed; The fellow who had his face bashed in and was  found in his pickup truck in a staged crash by his wife and her friends; And the two men who were shot near in the Bo Khaem canal.

I always used to think of Cha- Am as a sleepy town where the  biggest excitement  was the weekly expat card game where saucy language was used.

Cha am is more corrupt than Pattaya...all the boiler room boys from BKK live there as can pay their way out of anything...may look good in the guide books but a seriously violent place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The media said that there was initially a fist fight after a disagreement concerning deckchair and speedboat operations. It then turned much nastier. 

That will encourage domestic tourism no doubt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Cha am is more corrupt than Pattaya...all the boiler room boys from BKK live there as can pay their way out of anything...may look good in the guide books but a seriously violent place.

By pass Cha-am and keep heading south, better places to see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I think you will find is always been there it's being reported more. In the sleepy village I used to live in there were murders almost annually "shootings and stabbings". Nearly all Thai Male ego related with one drug related and one poor 15 year old kid who liked the wrong girl "shot in the back of the head". Nearly all the murderer's never saw a day in prison opting to pay death money. Once you take off the rose coloured glasses and scratch the surface you would rightly be very concerned especially now with the big target of 400 to 800k cash on expats backs. It wont take long for this penny to drop.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Did he have time to reload?  I see 21 shell markers on the sand.  Popular pistols like the Glock G19 or Beretta 92 only hold 15+1.

My Springfield XDM's (3.8 compact & 4.5) 9mm can almost do that without reloading as they both have 19+1 magazines.

10 hours ago, baansgr said:

you're not wrong.

those beach chair people get cross very easily, I had friends that went to park their cars on the beach (which I was told was property of the king) to come visit cause there's no parking where I live

almost 100% of the time they got some very nasty reception from them.. asking them why they come here, how long they plan to stay.. when replying "a few hours" they tell them to park somewhere else quite aggressively

so far at least twice I was told that they went back to damaged car (scratched paint, broken mirror etc) because they weren't "customers"

I've also seen some of them chase another person with full length machetes and another time a dude with a pipe smashed in one of the squid vendors display cause he wasn't moving out of the way fast enough (if i understood correctly). 

never heard of the jetski scam here as they don't seem to rent them to people.. just pull the banana boat and inflatable chair.