Cha-Am: Shooting at holiday beach - two in hospital after disagreement over deck chairs/speedboats

webfact

On 8/19/2020 at 5:57 AM, geriatrickid said:

I was going to make a dismissive comment, but it seems we are getting a violent murder murder at least once a month now. We had the shooting of the seafood restaurant owner at the start of the month;  four bullets to the head, chest, hip and arm while he was in bed; The fellow who had his face bashed in and was  found in his pickup truck in a staged crash by his wife and her friends; And the two men who were shot near in the Bo Khaem canal.

I always used to think of Cha- Am as a sleepy town where the  biggest excitement  was the weekly expat card game where saucy language was used.

And not everything gets reported to English news either. And in early August, women pregnant I think too shot dead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 1:57 PM, geriatrickid said:

I was going to make a dismissive comment, but it seems we are getting a violent murder murder at least once a month now. We had the shooting of the seafood restaurant owner at the start of the month;  four bullets to the head, chest, hip and arm while he was in bed; The fellow who had his face bashed in and was  found in his pickup truck in a staged crash by his wife and her friends; And the two men who were shot near in the Bo Khaem canal.

I always used to think of Cha- Am as a sleepy town where the  biggest excitement  was the weekly expat card game where saucy language was used.

No so mush a sleepy town as a final resting place...maybe?