Headphone pads

Gandtee

When measuring headphones for ear pad replacement do you measure the earphone mounting or the pad? Looking at advertisements for on line ear pads it shows the pad being measured. This seems risky as pads come in different padding sizes. To measure the earphone mounting makes more sense. I want to avoid ordering the wrong item. 

Good luck.. After viewing youtube vids on replacing pads, scouring sites like you are probabaly looking at, I gave up and tossed 2 set of very good headphones. Even at the Denon shop their fixit guy said he just tosses his own away after they start flaking all over your head and shoulders.

It's the climate. These headphones were in an air-conditioned room 12 hours a day. Did not stop them going bad.

For me, I now stick to in ear monitors.

But again, good luck if you proceed.

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

Good luck.. After viewing youtube vids on replacing pads, scouring sites like you are probabaly looking at, I gave up and tossed 2 set of very good headphones. Even at the Denon shop their fixit guy said he just tosses his own away after they start flaking all over your head and shoulders.

It's the climate. These headphones were in an air-conditioned room 12 hours a day. Did not stop them going bad.

For me, I now stick to in ear monitors.

But again, good luck if you proceed.

I'm reluctant to ditch them. They are Jabra which my two nieces clubbed together to buy for me. You're right about the flaking. Until I scraped them I looked like I had a bad case of black dandruff. Not only that but the plastic casings have gone like putty and the foam like wholewheat flour. I've scraped them back to solid hard plastic and except for the pads I'm still very pleased with them. A great sound. Meanwhile I'll persevere and get some new pads when I can determine the size. I come from an age when we didn't throw stuff away. We repaired it. I still do, even though I'm fighting against the built in self destruct products of today. Well, it keeps me occupied. Thanks for the reply anyway.

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Don't know about pad sizes but if you are in Bangkok there is a shop in the palladium centre on the 3rd or 4th floor dedicated to repairing headphones and headphone pads.

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought XRHYY replacements for my Phillips headphones from AliExpress. They headphones ship with vinyl cups and a common hack to replace them with velour cups. They are great! 

I find with AliExpress, there are some stores - like btf lighting, that really understand their products and really go out of their way to give great service, 

Try searching AliExpress and sending messages to find someone  who really can help.

• Thanks 1