2020 BKK CW Retirement Extension trip report

Can anyone explain the three sections of the document which TallGuyJohninBKK attached named 

1696347438_RetExtenStatement3.pdf

It reads like an affidavit.

Which details go in the first section? Our own, in that we are attesting to our own details in sections #1 and section #2

And do we sign at the bottom for ourselves?

Finally can anyone translate the form name, upper right  corner, designated with a number 3?

32 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Can anyone explain the three sections of the document which TallGuyJohninBKK attached named 

Which details go in the first section? Our own, in that we are attesting to our own details in sections #1 and section #2

Finally can anyone translate the form name, upper right  corner, designated with a number 3?

Believe I have just filled in top part and signed last several years as long as you are making application for yourself.  Basically you are responsible for your stay.

Don't think too much Canvas Print by textboy | Society6

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

That I read as the letter itself - not the update of passbook.  But if machine working should not be any wait - although my experience with that branch was machine did not return my passbook and staff had to retrieve and update (which they did not appear to know how to do without transaction - took 30 minutes).  Was not using for extension and just a normal update.

Yes, at BKK CW, clearly and without question, Immigration wants the actual bank passbook updated on the day of one's retirement extension application, one way or the other, when relying on the bank deposit method... By doing a small ATM withdrawal and then using the passbook update machine, or by going into the branch, and having them do some transaction and then a staff triggered update. The ATM and passbook update machine, assuming they're working, can be used even before the bank branches open at 8:30 am...

But the account confirmation letter from the bank itself -- the one that the Krungsri branch there claims is going to take at least 45 minutes every time -- that's the letter that BKK CW's email appears to indicate can be dated as much as 7 days prior... Meaning the applicant at least in theory could request and obtain it from their home branch ahead of time, and not have to hassle with that on the morning of their Immigration visit...

Of course, as others have reported here, other banks at BKK CW may not have as long delay times for producing the Immigration letter as Krungsri does these days.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's perplexed by just exactly what they want filled in on that particular form. In the past, I believe the IOs there have just had me fill in the very top of the form and then sign the bottom, leaving the middle part blank.  This week, I filled in the whole form, and repeated my own info on the middle section.

As long as the IO you're dealing with is satisfied, I don't think it really matters.

36 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

By doing a small ATM withdrawal and then using the passbook update machine, or by going into the branch, and having them do some transaction and then a staff triggered update.

Is Bangkok Bank the only bank that doesn't require a transaction to update one's passbook? With BB bank, the balance is forwarded to the next line, along with today's date. No transaction required. Plus, any transaction would then make a mismatch with the balance obtained with the previously obtained bank letter. I suppose Imm could do the addition, or subtraction, of the transaction to make the balances match. But, then, you just might get dimwitted dang, who with puffed up chest proclaims: 'No matchy, you go fix.'

14 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Is Bangkok Bank the only bank that doesn't require a transaction to update one's passbook? With BB bank, the balance is forwarded to the next line, along with today's date. No transaction required. Plus, any transaction would then make a mismatch with the balance obtained with the previously obtained bank letter. I suppose Imm could do the addition, or subtraction, of the transaction to make the balances match. But, then, you just might get dimwitted dang, who with puffed up chest proclaims: 'No matchy, you go fix.'

With other banks pay Bt1,000 into the account after getting the bank letter and then withdraw it on the day and then update book. bt1,000 because the ATM might not have Bt 100 or 500 notes left. CW immigration have never queried this.

With thanks to @partington for explaining this wrinkle.

15 hours ago, JimGant said:

Supposedly, at least at BKK CW, they understand and accept if there's some small account balance mismatch between a bank letter obtained ahead of time and the passbook update done on the day of the application -- as long as the required min balance is maintained throughout.

I know BKKB staff can do the balance forward transaction to update the passbook without any actual deposit or withdrawal.  Krungsri clearly doesn't, and I know CIMB doesn't, because I've asked them before and been told "No". Dunno about the various others.

1 minute ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

what is this?

The exit portion of your arrival card.  You filled it out and presented when you entered the country and it should remain in your passport until you depart.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's perplexed by just exactly what they want filled in on that particular form. In the past, I believe the IOs there have just had me fill in the very top of the form and then sign the bottom, leaving the middle part blank.  This week, I filled in the whole form, and repeated my own info on the middle section.

As long as the IO you're dealing with is satisfied, I don't think it really matters.

Thanks.

Just looking to understand what I'm signing.

Some other forums indicate that one should fill in all three sections with the same details on yourself. As near as I can figure, it is an affidavit where you attest that you are who you say you are, and that you want to be considered for an extension of stay.

And you mentioned that the Appointments IO was easily triggered by not having all the forms/documents signed. So assumed these would be best filled in before an appointment. Plus easier to fill & sign, in PDF, once for future use.

But maybe on these forms it is better to deal with them during the appointment?

Thanks for all your information on this.

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

But maybe on these forms it is better to deal with them during the appointment?

At least on my appointment visit Weds., the appointments IO DEFINITELY wanted all the forms completely filled out prior to entering her cubicle... 

But as I mentioned earlier, with all my regular non-appointment sessions at BKK CW in the past, I never once had pre-filled out the several "statement" forms. Never even had them before. Always waited for the IO to hand me copies during our session, and they never seemed bothered about that.

But now that I have PDF files at home of the three statement forms, at least as long as BKK CW keeps using the current versions, I'll plan to complete those in advance just like I do with all the other forms, TM7, etc...  And hand them all over to the IO on arrival.

As things stand now, I'm expecting to continue using the appointments system as long as they continue offering it. And given this year's experience with the appointments IO (I wasn't the only one she was chiding for not having everything completed beforehand), I'll plan on having everything done in advance for the next time.

15 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

what is this?

Looks like this...half of what they give you on your last incoming flight into Thailand...  This is the front section. The back section usually has the Immigration stamp of your last arrival date on it. They take it from you the next time you fly out of Thailand.

Screenshot_12.jpg.1996b927f5b95910f7f7efc96c04c631.jpg

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

At least on my appointment visit Weds., the appointments IO DEFINITELY wanted all the forms completely filled out prior to entering her cubicle... 

Been a few weeks but is there even any room to fill out anything on desk now? - believe the plastic prevents just about anything but handing forms through the opening so much better to have everything filled out and probably was the reason they were handing out all the forms to morning queue arrivals when they got there entry queue ticket.  

15 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Been a few weeks but is there even any room to fill out anything on desk now? - believe the plastic prevents just about anything but handing forms through the opening so much better to have everything filled out and probably was the reason they were handing out all the forms to morning queue arrivals when they got there entry queue ticket.  

That's a good point... The clear plastic COVID barriers they've set up on the front of each IO desk, with a little cutout hole at the bottom for passing stuff back and forth almost like a bank teller window, make the whole process and communication a bit more difficult.

In my case, I believe I took the several forms I needed to fill out, set them on her desk on the open section below the little cutout window, and filled them out in that manner... 

The irony of it all was, though, that when it came time to deal with the home map document, instead of asking me if I had a map to my home, the IO handed me a blank piece of A4 paper on which she had written MAP at the top...apparently with the idea that I would sit there and take the time to hand draw her a map to my home... To which I responded by reaching into my folder and pulling out a Google Maps printout to give her that I had already at home annotated with all my personal info and directional markings....  I really WAS trying to be prepared!

probably was the reason they were handing out all the forms to morning queue arrivals when they got there entry queue ticket.  

FWIW, in all my past years of dealing with BKK CW and queuing there prior to the appointments system becoming available, I was never handed ANY documents while in queue... And the only thing the Info Desk ever offered up was the TM7 form or similar... but never the misc. statements.... Until my Thai wife was able to get them to hand over a set upon request on this week's visit... 

So based on your experience this year, perhaps they're changing their style a bit.

All things considered....

--Using the appointments system this year made my BKK CW visit this week one of the least stressful and bothersome of my trips there ever...  Didn't have to get up so early in the morning... Didn't have to stand around in the outer queue area waiting around for 1-2 hours before Immigration opened, didn't have to wait an hour or more from my L section queue number to be called, etc etc...

--However, I'm still P.O.d about the 90-day reporting fiasco involving the supposed reporting "amnesty" and then later being told that because I had skipped a 90-day report (because they specifically told everyone they could/should skip their 90-day reports during the amnesty period) that now my current/next report can't be done online or by postal mail, and instead I (and everyone else similar) have to trek out to MTT for a useless, pointless in-person report.... Made all the worse by the fact that you now can't even do any 90-day reports at BKK CW when you're there for your other business. P.O.d!!!!  :bah:

If they had said/explained that was going to happen when they told everyone not to do their 90-day reports during the amnesty period, I never would have skipped mine, and would have done it as normal. But no...they didn't do that. They only disclosed the part about then having to do the next 90-day report in person AFTER the fact....  And no clear reason why they had to require that at all vs. simply knowing in their system that any 90-day reports during the amnesty period would simply be ignored/forgiven.

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

now my current/next report can't be done online or by postal mail, and instead I (and everyone else similar) have to trek out to MTT for a useless, pointless in-person report....

It was complete balls up.

I also skipped a report. Last Thursday, I traveled from Koh Samet to Bangkok. 

Friday 14 tracked off to Muang Thong Thani. On the Monday all way back to Samet. Ridiculous!!!

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If they had said/explained that was going to happen when they told everyone not to do their 90-day reports during the amnesty period, I never would have skipped mine, and would have done it as normal. But no...they didn't do that.

What is the correct information on this?  Looks like I am also caught out on that.  Do I have to make in person during August or during current amnesty or before all amnesty end or what?  Have only seen conflicting information.  I mailed at end of July but have not received any return and yes missed a report in May.

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

What is the correct information on this?  Looks like I am also caught out on that.  Do I have to make in person during August or during current amnesty or before all amnesty end or what?  Have only seen conflicting information.  I mailed at end of July but have not received any return and yes missed a report in May.

Believe you have to file a report in person. 

imageproxy.jpg

• Haha 1

I had a due date in May also.. Skipped it because I was following the public advice of Immigration amnesty at the time, no need to report during amnesty.

Then later saw Immigration's subsequent public notice to folks to catch up with their 90-day reporting during August prior to the end of amnesty... So I mailed in my filing on Aug 5, received by BKK CW the next day... Then after that, heard/received nothing. So when I was out to BKK CW for my extension Weds., I also took a side trip out to MTT Immigration where they're now handling 90-day reporting for the BKK region.

The IO I spoke with there confirmed what had already been reported here on the forum by other members -- anyone who skipped 90-day reporting during the amnesty period will now be locked out of both online and mailed in reporting for their next report, and will have to make an IN PERSON report to MTT in order to set things right again...and get some kind of special stamp in their passport.

Another member here received this in the mail back from BKK after doing a mail in report. I received nothing.

1057566146_90-dayreportrequiredinperson.jpg.0715c498454267ca349e8edfadf0afa8.jpg

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have only seen conflicting information.  I mailed at end of July but have not received any return and yes missed a report in May.

The conflict comes about by some experts point out what is in the gazette is what counts (90 day reports not required during amnesty). 

Immigration then makes this stupid random announcement that anyone skipped a report needs to do one IN PERSON in August. 

So why as I post #138 that I traveled all way from Samet to Bangkok just to do the report. Answer: it will be an IO that I will deal with in October for annual extension and I dont want any hurdles.

My advice would be to attend imm in person. For some that will be easy. For some very difficult.

I'm out at MTT on Wed, and finally am called into the air-con 90-day reporting section where the officers are working, after waiting queue for an hour in an unused parking garage deck, which is their social distancing formal queue area.

I ask the IO, what happened with my mailed-in 90-day report. Show her my EMS receipt from Aug. 5. She looks in her PC, and says I had a report due in May, and didn't do it. I say, hey, Immigration told all of us NOT to report during that period. It was AMNESTY.

Even though Immigration themselves used that term in their EN communications, the IO I'm talking with appears to have no idea what I'm talking about when I say AMNESTY. So I try again in EN, "YOU/Immigration told us NOT to report!!!" Then she seems to understand a bit more...

And finally says, because you skipped, were "late", you cannot report by mail or online now, only in person for the next time. And I answer, I WASN'T late. I was told NOT to report. No answer forthcoming on that point. So then I ask, now what? And she answers, you have to file your 90-day report with us here today. (Nothing about going to retrieve or accept the paperwork I had already mailed in).  And finally she answers, when I hand her my completed TM47 form that I'd brought with me... "Don't worry, we're not going to fine you."

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Immigration then makes this stupid random announcement that anyone skipped a report needs to do one IN PERSON in August.

So far that is only being stated by Chaeng Wattana immigration.

This what the official Immigration Notification says.

"(2) Aliens whose residency report is due on 26 March 2020 onwards and has not reported
within prescribed period, may report their residency in person or by assigning a person or via
registered mail or electronic means from 1 August 2020 to 31 August 2020;"

Also the stamp in the passport was not done when I reported this month at the office here after skipping one in April. No TM47 form was asked for and I now have a report date in November. It only took about 5 minutes for it be done.

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But you did still have to make at least a fleeting appearance in person at BKK CW...  The agent couldn't quite swing it where you could just stay at home/work, and have them do it all by remote control....  That's the kind of service I'd like!!!

Give the recent going ons at TVC I would say you would want to accompany the agent into the IO's chamber to watch them go stampety stamp.

Btw, thanks for the thread. Great info. Would it be possible to share a redacted copy of your bank letter?

Edited by Why Me

15 hours ago, Why Me said:

Btw, thanks for the thread. Great info. Would it be possible to share a redacted copy of your bank letter?

Sorry... I got one original copy from the bank, and it was promptly handed over to Immigration. Didn't have time to snap a copy of it....

But it was a pretty simple, one page letter, just certifying that I had an account with them in my name, and I believe, also the current balance as of that date. Not much more than that...

Though I do recall, Krungsri asked me if I wanted the letter for Immigration in Thai or English. I had no idea, so I chose Thai. And their fee for the letter was 100 baht.  The deposit method letter is much simpler than the foreign transfers one, where the monthly xfers have to be listed.

Ahh... PS... I believe I may have an older, unused one in my files... Let me see if I can dig it out and redact it... a bit later...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Sorry... I got one original copy from the bank, and it was promptly handed over to Immigration. Didn't have time to snap a copy of it....

But it was a pretty simple, one page letter, just certifying that I had an account with them in my name, and I believe, also the current balance as of that date. Not much more than that...

Thank you for the prompt response. Appreciate helpful persons such as yourself on TV. Makes it a worthwhile place. Of course, the trolls are fun too in limited doses:-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It was complete balls up.

I also skipped a report. Last Thursday, I traveled from Koh Samet to Bangkok. 

Friday 14 tracked off to Muang Thong Thani. On the Monday all way back to Samet. Ridiculous!!!

Ouch, that's a hell of a journey but I do love Koh Samed (was there for a week last week staying at Samed Villa) so worth putting up with if you only have to do it once per year, but wouldn't your Immigration Office be Rayong?

As mentioned in another post/thread I was also told that I had to report to MTT in person or for 1,500 THB I could authorise the Agent to do it for me... I chose the latter option as I wasn't sure I needed to do it before I did my extension on Wednesday (Turned out I didn't & could have done it afterwards). 

Like Joe has posted, I didn't get any "Missed" stamp in my passport (Should also have done mine in May), just the 90 day receipt with a next reporting date of 18th November, hopefully I'll be able to do that one online/by post but if not, the agent normally charges 374.50 (Strange Number) to do it for you, given it would cost me about that to travel to MTT it's a no brainer to get them to do it for me.