I never fail to be disappointed

gunderhill

44 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

"Egotism is the anaesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." 

"Why lie? I'm not going to be hypocrite and say the opposite of what I think, like some other do"

Nothing to do about "egotism"! If have opinion. If i have ego problem im not drive Toyota! Or 125 cc Honda "girl" bike.

Edited by 2 is 1

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Unfortunate this is what to expect and rather the normal than the opposite. 

Therefor always buy local rather than aiming for the best deal 540km away. At least when I started building, I knew how it was going to be, so no complaining, just need to get out some steam sometimes, and I understand op very well, but still,, it is expected as he also knew even he tried to minimize the failures and misunderstandings. 

Could not get the deal I wanted in  Pattaya I drove to BKK.

got an XL+ Ranger with all the usual freebies (bed liner/window tint/weathershields/floor mats/road tax/insurance etc etc etc) as well as a full tank of fuel and free servicing for Bt530,000.

Great deal I thought considering both Pattaya and Chonburi were not willing to give anything extra.

And the BKK dealership is going to have it delivered to me on a slide truck next week.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Could not get the deal I wanted in  Pattaya I drove to BKK.

got an XL+ Ranger with all the usual freebies (bed liner/window tint/weathershields/floor mats/road tax/insurance etc etc etc) as well as a full tank of fuel and free servicing for Bt530,000.

Great deal I thought considering both Pattaya and Chonburi were not willing to give anything extra.

And the BKK dealership is going to have it delivered to me on a slide truck next week.

For sure good deals on chevy since they closing the doors here in Thailand. How is that going to affect the service and the warranty? 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Or 125 cc Honda "girl" bike.

This speaks volumes about your state of mind. Good day to you Sir.

Just for fun. Below is a 1000cc "girl" bike.

Jenny-Tinmouth-009.jpg

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tagged said:

For sure good deals on chevy since they closing the doors here in Thailand. How is that going to affect the service and the warranty? 

Chev Pattaya refused me any kind of deal other than the reduced RRP, Hence I went to Ford.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

You can get a new Suzuki for such money. Are You a Farmer.?.

I didn't want tiny wheels 12-13" and Really BASIC cabin I already  looked at that  Suzuki low loader that you are thinking of, just too basic and will carry the same weight wise  or  less than the  x  cab chevvy. I'm not a  farmer but do a lot of work on the land for my own pleeeeeeeeeeeeesure, +  I wont get bored.

Anyway here its is resplendent in its wrongly  attached  sticker and the "recall"  that the dealer failed to  pick up when I checked the VIN  number this  morning on Chevrolets  site. Fortunately I am close to 2  dealers so fixing stuff  will be ok,  

Best thing about it  is they say they have no red  numbers so I had a piece of  paper stamped by the garage to say the cars legit and checked with my Policeman friend who says just show it the BIB if you get stopped etc. MEANS no  number plate =  no fixed camera  tickets.........5555555 bonus, well for about  a  month or  so anyway.

20200820_132707.jpg

20200820_132750.jpg

20200820_132759.jpg

20200820_132849.jpg

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

You never fail to be disappointed?  So you are disappointed in everything you do, every person, and every transaction you are involved in here?  You sound like a victim.

You got a great deal they probably made very little off that sale.

So, they tried to flim flam some things that sounds like will be made right. I would have left laughing about it, not disappointed.

do you find it hard to understand or something? you  have pity for a  car dealer, holy <deleted> let me fetch my  collection bucket Ill send you their  address, really it's  simple they honour what they agreed, how hard is it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

So after extorting the dealer down in price on a discontinued vehicle that was already heavily discounted, you insisted on getting a myriad of extras thrown in, including 1500 baht of fuel! He's probably not making a penny on the deal with his only advantage that he's getting rid of useless stock.

In his place I would've done more than just empty your washer reservoir and overinflate the tires.

At least your wife knows you well. (Only for 15 years ..so  far)

I'm thinking of buying a new vehicle, are you available as a commissioned buyer?

Itll cost ya!

Funny, cry me a  river for the car dealer, you  lot  must have gone soft in yer  old  age. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You want it all, you want it now.

And then you are surprised if a deal which is too good to be true is too good to be true.

Do you really think they all have so much margin that they could sell a 799k car for 525k? Think again!

Personally I look for reasonable prices in the area where I live. If I buy something I want that I get a reasonable deal and I want that the dealer makes money. That keeps the dealer running and the dealer will be happy to see me again and help me again. Is it possible to save some money and get somewhere a better price? Yes, likely it is. Does that help in the long run with service, etc.? I doubt it. Live and let live.

Really, they couldnt give a <deleted>  about you or  me.

Edited by gunderhill

I am waiting for your next post where you complain about whatever problem.

Then you will complain that you have to drive 545km to the dealer.

You will obviously also complain why the dealer wants to charge you for whatever work they have to do. After all, they made such a fortune when you bought that car.

I am sure you must have an interesting life. Or to quote you: I never fail to be disappointed

You do realise you can get warranty work done at any dealer, duh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Chev Pattaya refused me any kind of deal other than the reduced RRP, Hence I went to Ford.

This is what I got, I spoke to many, most were just  plain dumb, no discount at all, couple would  play  ball and offered  50k off without too much effort and I went down from that 249k 240k 225k with extras the first two were with no extras, dealer said he's sold 3 of the exact same model LTZ Z71 this week .

Reckon they are working on 100k profit on this  model + also bonuses for more sold.

I am waiting for your next post where you complain about whatever problem.

Then you will complain that you have to drive 545km to the dealer.

You will obviously also complain why the dealer wants to charge you for whatever work they have to do. After all, they made such a fortune when you bought that car.

I am sure you must have an interesting life. Or to quote you: I never fail to be disappointed

Yep! having worked in a  service industry for 40 years.

4 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

This is what I got, I spoke to many, most were just  plain dumb, no discount at all, couple would  play  ball and offered  50k off without too much effort and I went down from that 249k 240k 225k with extras the first two were with no extras, dealer said he's sold 3 of the exact same model LTZ Z71 this week .

Reckon they are working on 100k profit on this  model + also bonuses for more sold.

My Ranger was Bt.138,00 discount off RRP before I started negotiating... was happy with insurance/road/tubliner and window tints but get a full tank of fuel and free servicing I was more than happy to sign on the dotted line.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Who sounds like the Victim then?... 

Someone who accepts substandard service, people who have lied to them? Or someone who calls this out as unacceptable?

All you have done is attempted normalise substandard service - its not acceptable here as equally as its unacceptable in our home countries. 

I too am with the Op on this one and even with low expectations am frequently left underwhelmed by the shortcuts and repetitive chancing of people in service industries. Some places get it right, but so commonly the apathy shines through for a disappointing experience. This stuff is not hard to get right, but the truth is people just don’t give a fuook !

Solid Gold star award  of the day and not some crappy gold  painted one either, whats amusing is the replies like theirs, makes the day worthwhile, I withold the balcony jump  .

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

My Ranger was Bt.138,00 discount off RRP before I started negotiating... was happy with insurance/road/tubliner and window tints but get a full tank of fuel and free servicing I was more than happy to sign on the dotted line.

Soemone was on here recently saying he was in the trade (  I guess) and he is  offered Ranger Biturbo wildtraks at about 1  million baht which is way more acceptable than their 1265000 list  price,  I  like the Ranger but found the instruments a bit  cluttered + the Chevrolet  closing down deal was too good  to  miss.

Edited by gunderhill

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

Unfortunate this is what to expect and rather the normal than the opposite. 

Therefor always buy local rather than aiming for the best deal 540km away. At least when I started building, I knew how it was going to be, so no complaining, just need to get out some steam sometimes, and I understand op very well, but still,, it is expected as he also knew even he tried to minimize the failures and misunderstandings. 

Much better for me wherever possible do everything yourself, and I do but as  yet I cannot  manufacture a  vehicle, they did say at school I must try harder????

4 hours ago, transam said:

Many years back I ordered Vigo in light mica blue, they said one month wait for that colour, OK, I'll wait. 

Your Vigo is here, took the hire car back, went to the dealers, it was dark mica blue. ????

They were adamant that was what I ordered, I took it home..But, the colour did grow on me and Mrs.T said it was a better colour..????

To digress from the OP, when living in Singapore I ordered a Raleigh folding bicycle and paid a deposit ( of course ). When I went to pick it up it was actually a no brand heavy piece of junk, but would you reckon I could get the deposit back 555555555555555.

Some years later it got stolen by someone that didn't know better so I got the insurance on it.

Such trials are but part of the rich tapestry of life living in SEA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1