I never fail to be disappointed

gunderhill

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

you  dont sound to sure? alzheimers?????

I am sure I am not sitting in it at the mo, in any case my desk etc will not fit in it, but do you know what's wrong with my Suzuki, cos the other bloke won't answer....?

Quote:  from a  dealer in North Thailand, the only one prepared to  haggle  on price to any real extent.

And now you know why.  I would always be very suspicious of a dealer in anything who is significantly lower priced than the norm. There is always a reason and it is never to the Buyers advantage. 

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If it's any consolation, I bought a push bike from the Pattaya south Big C and the peddles broke off on the ride home !

LOL.

My Thai wife decided I needed a push bike to go to the internet cafe for my birthday, so told me that I had to contribute 1,000 baht as it was 2,000. Given it was still in the "good days" of the marriage I did give it to her, but when she presented the very second hand bike to me it was a shock that something that bad could actually be made.

I reckon it was worth about 500 baht, so she really got me good on that one!

I did use it for the internet as it was good exercise pedaling the extremely heavy piece of junk to the cafe and back, but I was quite pleased when someone stole it and I was able to use the m'bike without the "look" from herself. The only thing that surprised me was that the thief never returned it as being too rubbish to sell. I guess they threw it in the swamp.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Chev Pattaya refused me any kind of deal other than the reduced RRP, Hence I went to Ford.

You wuz lucky. When we moved from the village to Chiang Mai my wife got a friend to take us and my stuff in a Chevvy pick up. Quite a new one too, but it overheated on the hills. I'd never buy one for that reason.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Soemone was on here recently saying he was in the trade (  I guess) and he is  offered Ranger Biturbo wildtraks at about 1  million baht which is way more acceptable than their 1265000 list  price,  I  like the Ranger but found the instruments a bit  cluttered + the Chevrolet  closing down deal was too good  to  miss.

1,098,000 is the price for a Bi-Turbo wildtrak 4x4 with supplier discount.

• Like 2

jeez,   i bought my lovely truck 7 years ago .  Only had a bit over 200k  km on it .  Sometimes people

at places I go look at it in envy.  One wanted to buy it .  No way.    I paid 150k baht for it and it starts

every time.  Love the old workhorse .  I never fail to get a good feeling when i head out to get something,

like the 30 fence posts i bought today.    Many things here amaze me ..... how inexpensive the cost of

living can be when one doesn't expect Swiss quality.   I think the bedliner got some more scratches today.    ahhhh    no worries

my truck .jpg

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Quote:  from a  dealer in North Thailand, the only one prepared to  haggle  on price to any real extent.

And now you know why.  I would always be very suspicious of a dealer in anything who is significantly lower priced than the norm. There is always a reason and it is never to the Buyers advantage. 

You have a good point.   Maybe it has a Ford engine in it     ????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

No thats not the reason, here  they are advertising the last one, I saw it yesterday its Blue  he sold 3 of the exact same model in the last week , advertised now at 529k

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You wuz lucky. When we moved from the village to Chiang Mai my wife got a friend to take us and my stuff in a Chevvy pick up. Quite a new one too, but it overheated on the hills. I'd never buy one for that reason.

Thais, famous for maintenance and servicing if  by servicing you mean wait till it  breaks then bodge it  to fix  it. If I didn't buy a brand  on the basis of  one failure Id probably own nothing

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

I am sure I am not sitting in it at the mo, in any case my desk etc will not fit in it, but do you know what's wrong with my Suzuki, cos the other bloke won't answer....?

ha,ha,ha  well I meant "youre  sitting in it" That's whats wrong with it????

Ive owned a fair  few Suzukis  in my time all motorbikes though again only real problems with any brand is the dealers  attitude to fixing it backed or  not by the manufacturer.

12 hours ago, gunderhill said:

ha,ha,ha  well I meant "youre  sitting in it" That's whats wrong with it????

Ive owned a fair  few Suzukis  in my time all motorbikes though again only real problems with any brand is the dealers  attitude to fixing it backed or  not by the manufacturer.

Weeeell, my Suzuki dealer is ace, most small teething stuff they do for free, and when I have paid it was peanuts. The best service I have ever had. ????

12 hours ago, gunderhill said:

No thats not the reason, here  they are advertising the last one, I saw it yesterday its Blue  he sold 3 of the exact same model in the last week , advertised now at 529k

Is it a 4x4? 

20 hours ago, gunderhill said:

I already  looked at that  Suzuki low loader that you are thinking of, just too basic and will carry the same weight wise  or  less than the  x  cab chevvy.

Have you checked the book?

Chevy Colorado 650kgs

Suzuki 950kgs

I guess OK if you only carry less than 650

I'm not in favour of either truck. Just saying.

EDIT: Just looked the new Suzuki. Design wise has gone all commercial/Industrial with a proper truck-like cab. Now it is like the old Kawasaki joke goes "OK until someone sees you" 

Edited by VocalNeal

18 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Chevy Colorado 650kgs

Suzuki 950kgs

EDIT: Just looked the new Suzuki. Design wise has gone all commercial/Industrial with a proper truck-like cab. Now it is like the old Kawasaki joke goes "OK until someone sees you" 

Which model Colorado only has a payload of 650kg ?

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Which model Colorado only has a payload of 650kg ?

Colorado XT. of course it maybe the full sized one?  

Even back in the real world I did win a few bets at the bar because the rated load capacity of my VW Type 2 pickup was more than a "1/2 Ton" .

The Holden Colorado payload calculator in NZ says 850 kg dependent on accessories.

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Colorado XT. of course it maybe the full sized one?  

Even back in the real world I did win a few bets at the bar because the rated load capacity of my VW Type 2 pickup was more than a "1/2 Ton" .

The Holden Colorado payload calculator in NZ says 850 kg dependent on accessories.

Never heard of a Colorado XT but in Aus and Thailand the claimed payload is 970kg.... obviously less if the vehicle is loaded with accessories like bullbars and towbars and passengers.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:50 AM, Tagged said:

Is it a 4x4? 

No  that's the X  cab 4x2  you  would  have to  call Chevrolet to see if any 4x4's are  left, that  will be the High Country model or Storm  model, probably some kicking around somewhere.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:31 AM, VocalNeal said:

Chevy Colorado 650kgs

Suzuki 950kgs

Yes.

chevweights.jpg

On 8/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I am waiting for your next post where you complain about whatever problem.

Then you will complain that you have to drive 545km to the dealer.

You will obviously also complain why the dealer wants to charge you for whatever work they have to do. After all, they made such a fortune when you bought that car.

I am sure you must have an interesting life. Or to quote you: I never fail to be disappointed

Local dealer in BKK Bangchak Chevrolet  just replaced touchscreen and seat cover just FYI so you wont be too  disappointed in me having to drive back to Loei???? not  only that and to excite you more i bought  chevvys oil online thru lazada at 1690 baht full synthetic 7  litres  and  let  bkk  chevvy change that too  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/acdelco-5w-30-dexos2-7-100-i424766526-s808486465.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.32.f11f7087M86grW&search=1 , Chevvys  price 2800 inc  labour  to change it, they charged me 500baht to change it another saving of  610baht.

9 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Local dealer in BKK Bangchak Chevrolet  just replaced touchscreen and seat cover just FYI so you wont be too  disappointed in me having to drive back to Loei???? not  only that and to excite you more i bought  chevvys oil online thru lazada at 1690 baht full synthetic 7  litres  and  let  bkk  chevvy change that too  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/acdelco-5w-30-dexos2-7-100-i424766526-s808486465.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.32.f11f7087M86grW&search=1 , Chevvys  price 2800 inc  labour  to change it, they charged me 500baht to change it another saving of  610baht.

It seems to make you happy that you are a cheap Charlie. Enjoy your life!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems to make you happy that you are a cheap Charlie. Enjoy your life!

Cheap Charlie NO...frugal yes...look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, gunderhill said:

That,s getting on for 30 litres of fuel....well done sir and enjoy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

I do. There's a  big difference between a  "Cheap  Charlie" and someone whose not crazy enough to throw  money around, thats same "Charlieness" let me retire at 42.

Retire at 42 sounds good and I am older and far away from retirement.

If you don't mind me asking: How do you feel with that state of mind (no better term comes to my mind) and how do the people around you feel about it.

I understand the concept of looking for a good price but personally I don't overdue that. I know a few people who are very careful with money but it seems they are in general not happy. And people around them are constantly annoyed by such behavior.

It's obviously up to you but I wonder how much you enjoy life and how often you are frustrated or annoyed.

37 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you don't mind me asking: How do you feel with that state of mind (no better term comes to my mind) and how do the people around you feel about it.

It's obviously up to you but I wonder how much you enjoy life and how often you are frustrated or annoyed.

Why would I care what anyone else thinks?

The Thais around me would travel another kilometer in an attempt to save 10bht.

My perception is that I enjoy life more than most white guys in their 60s.

Just spent 15 minutes making my own raspberry jam, saved 80bht and it tastes better than shop bought.

Now to make some bread to put it on ...........

IMG_20200831_110303.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just spent 15 minutes making my own raspberry jam, saved 80bht and it tastes better than shop bought.

Now to make some bread to put it on ...........

And do you do that yourself to safe money or because it tastes better?