HP deskjet ink cartridge in Chiang Mai

LomSak27

HP deskjet ink cartridge in Chiang Mai

Where would I go to find one, buy one.

I have been presented with a (cheap) HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2676.   Free, so immediately the color cartridge goes out. Where would I buy a replacement? Try Computer Plaza or Icon with the cartridge and walk around? Any other print shops or stores that sell HP printers in CM to check out.

Thanks.

Pantip Plaza 2nd Floor, many shops selling original, 3rd floor other options. Also ICON and the Computer Plaza area.

PS; That is Thai floor numbers.

Edited by fangless
  • Like 2

The lower priced HP printers usually come with "tester" cartridges with very little ink. The cartridges are not cheap, in Tesco a B&W and colour were more than a new printer. I refilled mine a couple of times before the print head dried out and I threw it away.

You need to use the printer fairly regularly or you could end up with the same problem.

If you are going to do a lot of printing you may be better off trying to find out if this printer has a CIS (Continuous Ink System) conversion available which will provide you with ink reservoirs many times larger than the expensive cartridges.  I use a CIS kit on my HP printer in UK and my Canon printer here in Thailand and it has saved me loads as I still prefer to print things off for easy reference.

I have this model printer which although not expensive has excellent printing and scanning capabilities. As has been said they come with special initial cartridges which are smaller than normal but my coloured lasted 4 months and black 5 months with medium usage. The new ones which are original and work fine cost 270 baht from Lazada (see my previous post). The printer in January cost 1990 baht but has since gone up to 2590 baht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/printer-hp-deskjet-2676-all-in-onewireless-i135692179-s153522531.html?spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

Edited by lelapin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

The cartridges are not cheap, in Tesco a B&W and colour were more than a new printer.

That was the ingenious marketing plan by HP that many others soon followed. Practically give the printer away for free and make all revenue selling the replacement cartridges.

That is what took Kodak to it's downfall. They were making tons off of film and didn't want to move over to the digital generation. Look where that got them.

• Like 1

The HP Deskjet 2676 uses a HP 680 inkjet cartridge.  That is available online at both Shoppee and Lazada, or locally at Panip (40% more expensive) and at the IT cluster at the NW corner pf the moat (also upcharged but cheaper than Pantip).

Thanks greatly for the help. I stopped at Pantip, The shop that did stock, was out. I feel sad going in there ... :whistling:.

Officemate behind Central Airport had it in stock. I bought the set; color plus a black cartridge, plus paper. Pricey yes color &  black was over 900 B.