Covid-19: "Necessary" app to trace foreign tourists mooted for October

webfact

5 hours ago, Sundown said:

"They also reported that the new app will be used alongside the Thai Elite Card for well-heeled foreigners."

Say what????

The ones whose visa is so 'elite' that they're still not allowed back into the country.

• Haha 1

Firstly nobody is going to pay 100,000 baht to enter thailand for 1 m0nth holiday 2 months or even 6 months holiday go into isolation for 2 weeks this is what is charged right now so no tourists arrive in october so who is going to use the app ? and i only have wifi at my hotel i dont have internet on my mobile and alot of places dont have wifi that i visit so i wont be able to use the app YOU NUMBSKULLS !WHAT A BUNCH OF MONKEYS RUNNING THE SHOW !

• Like 2

LOL...this is the final nail in the coffin of the Thai tourism industry. They really not get it. All this stupid plans like 'safe and sealed' or this tracking app with prevent any tourist who possesses more than one brain cell to come to LOS. All this NEW NORMAL is complete BS.

• Like 1

How frustrating!  I am being forced to move to another hotel by Sept. 1st because my present hotel is becoming an Alternate Quarantine Site.  Now they are proposing to admit tourists with just a COVID test and no quarantine. So what am I moving for? Some of the tourists admitted after October 1st may choose to stay in my new hotel, putting me in the same situation I would be in if I stayed in my present hotel.????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And what about millions of Thai’s employed in the Tourist Sector? the 17.6% GDP from Tourism? 

The 90% of Phuket who without tourism have no income?

What about when ‘you get car-jacked’ or robbed because people are so very very desperate they will do anything for food.

Better just keep them out’ is extremely short sighted. Its not a solution its a knee-jerk reaction. 

Thailand needs an intelligent and workable solution which provides a boost to the dying tourist sector and all the sub-trades to which money is filtered down through tourism. 

There is no way you will get any intelligence from a bunch of military "educated" soldiers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

It may also help to convince tourists what a bunch of ...kwits are running this country!

lol. thanks to these kwits (whatever that means) Thailand has an extreme low number of infections. i guess "some people" will never see positivity.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thailand needs an intelligent and workable solution which provides a boost to the dying tourist sector and all the sub-trades to which money is filtered down through tourism. 

That lends itself to having an intelligent and working parliament and politicians. 

This mob are all about themselves. 

And basically couldn't organize a booze up in a brewery. 

One day they will all come together and have a unanimous vote on something..

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

What tourist? What if the tourist don't have a phone? In the USA they are talking about

putting a micro chip in your wrist or forehead your choice. It's a mad mad world we live in.

Don't believe the microchip rumors 

6 hours ago, djayz said:

All fine and good, but how are these chaps going to differentiate between a "tourist" here for a few days/weeks and those of us who have lived here for a decade or longer? Are we going to be forced to install this tracking app too? 

Be like me. I don't have a phone.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

If they visit a shop or something like a zoo they have to give a contact number.

Few places even in BKK are enforcing that anymore.... About the most that's going on is pretty regular temp checks and mask wearing upon entry to various places.  The rest has slacked off considerably.

• Like 2