Has Anyone Here Tried ...

desi

When I was in the UK a short while ago, I ran across a diet / fast / cleanse that seems to be all the rage. It's been around for years in the health industry, but apparently just became known to the general public.

Some people are reporting 20 - 100 lbs lost.

Has anyone here tried it?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on day 48 of my Dr. Joshi inspired detox diet. The usual stuff - no caffeine, no sugars or refined carbs, low fruit, high vegetable - especially dark green, no sodas, no dairy, a bit of healthy protein, no toxins, no junk foor, very low fat. I've lost 13.3 kilos so far and it's been amazingly easy. I feel great and I've been cooking my own food mostly. I feel like I have my love of food back that I lost many years ago. Lots of garlic, ginger, onions and spices. I'm not sure why this time has been so easy while other times it seemed that I was denying myself something I wanted. I've eaten at parties and out with friends and had a few house guests and no slips the whole time. I write down everything I eat, all exercise, and most importantly weigh myself every morning. I walk about 10 km per day and have started swimming. I jogged a little for a week but stopped as I feared wear and tear on my knees. My wife can't believe it! I have 2.5 kilos to go. I graph the weight loss and it really has kept consistent the whole time.

When I was in the UK a short while ago, I ran across a diet / fast / cleanse that seems to be all the rage. It's been around for years in the health industry, but apparently just became known to the general public.

Some people are reporting 20 - 100 lbs lost.

Has anyone here tried it?

Well, I never took it but my roommate did. Its a lemonade with pure maple syrup and Cayenne pepper. He was on it for 40 days after he drank some epsom salts and water to clean his liver??? it all sounded so nasty... he lost alot of weight but smelled bad most of the time... also had the worst gas attacks... He didn't seem hungry..... but I wouldn't call this a diet... he called it a detox fast...

I call it disgusting!

Swain if your friend smelled it may have been in Ketosis. They say when you are in Ketosis you have bad B.O. and bad breath. Ketosis is the key behind the Atkins Diet. Did he take the Epsom salts for 40 days? That seems like a long time.

I've tried it and it works, but I drink a lot of vegetable juices and coconut water to get more nutrients.

If you go on to a raw fruit and vegetable (and nuts and other things) diet, you will continue to lose weight, but if you go back to cooked foods, you tend to put on weight quickly.