Hearing aid batteries.

Gandtee

I'm using Rayovac 13 batteries which expire in 2022 in my hearing aids. I don't wear them all the time and when not using them I remove the batteries to save the power and sometimes don't use them for a few days. Recently I've found that the batteries are leaking when I've come to use them. Due to the high humidity I suppose. I've read that batteries shouldn't be kept in the dehumidifier. I'm concerned that they might leak in the hearing aid. Anyone experienced this problem? Any suggestions to how to overcome this? No smart a**e replies please.

As above batteries should not leak.  Have not seen that brand name for 50 years or more but recall they were the popular brand for most batteries back in the 50's in USA and considered very good.  If you buy locally would check with seller/distributor and would not be using them in hearing aid (although do not know what type of battery they are and if a real danger - have had too many items ruined by such leakage (although much less since alkaline types became the norm).

10 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

As above batteries should not leak.  Have not seen that brand name for 50 years or more but recall they were the popular brand for most batteries back in the 50's in USA and considered very good.  If you buy locally would check with seller/distributor and would not be using them in hearing aid (although do not know what type of battery they are and if a real danger - have had too many items ruined by such leakage (although much less since alkaline types became the norm).

Unfortunately the batteries were purchased in New Zealand by my daughter.. I've emailed Rayovac and will await their advice. The batteries are the the number 13 Rayovac Extra.

• 8 months later...

Well this info says yes dehumidifier is better ?

"Use a hearing aid dehumidifier.

Dry storage kits and hearing aid dehumidifiers will protect both your hearing aid and its batteries. They also provide a safe place to store your devices when you’ve taken them off."

https://www.earq.com/hearing-health/articles/make-hearing-aid-batteries-last-longer#:~:text=Store extra hearing aid batteries,in the refrigerator or bathroom.

And here is one on sale

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.WsdMp

• Like 1