Vietnam's coronavirus infections pass 1,000 mark

snoop1130

Vietnam's coronavirus infections pass 1,000 mark

97529719b69e3743355a6e413ad5ba22.jpg

Pilgrims wear protective masks as they go to a temple on the first day of the month-long festival of the hungry ghosts, amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak in Hanoi, Vietnam August 19, 2020. REUTERS/Kham

HANOI (Reuters) - Vietnam's tally of coronavirus infections since January passed the 1,000 mark on Thursday, after 14 new cases were reported.

More than half of the total confirmed cases are linked to a new outbreak that began late last month in the central coastal city of Danang, the health ministry said.

Vietnam's tally now stands at 1,007 infections and 25 deaths, among the lowest in the region, having successfully contained earlier outbreaks. The ministry said 86,644 people are currently undergoing quarantine, most in their homes.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-08-20

34 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Amazing how Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Hong Kong have recorded increasing numbers of infections lately but Thailand has remained squeaky clean, amazing!

Not anymore. Read the news last 2 days? Slowly preparing everyone for some bad news?

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Amazing how Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Hong Kong have recorded increasing numbers of infections lately but Thailand has remained squeaky clean, amazing!

There has been a weird outbreak in my class that I teach. Dry cough and runny nose. It affected everyone. It took a week to ameliorate the symptoms. I'm just wondering what that was as no one was tested for COVID.

9 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

There has been a weird outbreak in my class that I teach. Dry cough and runny nose. It affected everyone. It took a week to ameliorate the symptoms. I'm just wondering what that was as no one was tested for COVID.

Was that in Thailand by any chance? 

17 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Unbelievable in fact

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Not anymore. Read the news last 2 days? Slowly preparing everyone for some bad news?

Possibly. There may also be an ulterior motive. If Covid-19 is already in the community, then why keep 100% of tourists out? Cue regime of test before travel and then another on arrival.

On 8/21/2020 at 12:50 AM, PatOngo said:

its all shadows and whispers  in "lieland" prime ministers "thai smile" may turn into a grimace as events unfold!!

• Like 1