Free Facial Checkup

p1p

:D A special, free offer for the lady of the house.

Being somewhat blokeish, I do not fully understand these things, so please excuse any shortcomings in explanation!

My wife has a new hobby and she has purchased a kind of microscope that shows close-ups of facial skin on a TV screen. She is greatly enjoying using this microscope and explaining about skin care etc.

She makes no charge for this and, no, there are no hidden costs or obligations. Anybody interested can contact her and drop in to our restaurant, (in Chiang Mai) to indulge in girly fun.

Can't directly advertise, but please PM or email me if you are interested and I will give you her mobile number. She speaks fluent English and, of course, Thai. :o

"Free of charge", until she explains how her victim desperately needs all kinds of creams and elixers -- which she conveniently has for sale.  Oldest scam in the book.

I think 'scam' is too strong. Nobody would be stupid enough to think that there weren't skin products for sale if they were going to get such an exam. It's only a scam if there is fraud in her sales pitch.

Good luck in the new business, but I don't think it appropriate to advertise the business here.

I can only think that she will be run off her tiny Thai feet.

Ya can't go anywhere in Thailand and not find masses of these Thai girls preening themselves in front of mirror's.

Your missus's little sideline business is sure to be successful as the Thai female is the most vain in the world.

Uneccessorily so as they are already the most beautiful in the world but I guess if the wife can turn a dollar let her go for it.

Go to Mango Tree even if you're not hungry. P1P's missus will give you a makeover.

:o

p.s. can't but help either if things are slow at the restaurant. If the burgers are not moving the face creams might.

Geez people.. Talk about jaded & cynical..

I for one think it's great. When the 'new toy' factor wears off, can I borrow the machine one time to offer the service to random pretty girls? :o

> I think this is direct advertising, and crosses the line. I don't feel

> this should be allowed, even by Super Moderators.

(Super) Moderators or not makes no difference. Basically it's against the rules to go spamming the site or to persist with for-profit advertisements. This is nothing of the sort. And for the Chiang Mai section I'm actually interested to know what people do for a living, so I don't want to be so strict as to disallow any talk at all that can possibly be construed as having a business angle to it. I build software for businesses and factories and such for a living. Want some? :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Geez people..  Talk about jaded & cynical..  

I for one think it's great.   When the 'new toy' factor wears off, can I borrow the machine one time to offer the service to random pretty girls?  :o

(Super) Moderators or not makes no difference.   Basically it's against the rules to go spamming the site or to persist with for-profit advertisements.   This is nothing of the sort.   And for the Chiang Mai section I'm actually interested to know what people do for a living, so I don't want to be so strict as to disallow any talk at all that can possibly be construed as having a business angle to it.   I build software for businesses and factories and such for a living.  Want some?  :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

(Super) Moderators or not makes no difference.   Basically it's against the rules to go spamming the site or to persist with for-profit advertisements.   This is nothing of the sort.  

Bullocks. It is advertising his wife's new business. It IS for profit. I don't know why p1p doesn't just quietly take his advertisement down...It is not even presented in an honest manner in my opinion. Sounds more like a car salesman's pitch. My wife gives free Amway demonstrations. No obligation to buy. PM me for details

Geez people..  Talk about jaded & cynical..  

I for one think it's great.   When the 'new toy' factor wears off, can I borrow the machine one time to offer the service to random pretty girls?  :D

(Super) Moderators or not makes no difference.   Basically it's against the rules to go spamming the site or to persist with for-profit advertisements.   This is nothing of the sort.   And for the Chiang Mai section I'm actually interested to know what people do for a living, so I don't want to be so strict as to disallow any talk at all that can possibly be construed as having a business angle to it.   I build software for businesses and factories and such for a living.  Want some?  :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

(Super) Moderators or not makes no difference.   Basically it's against the rules to go spamming the site or to persist with for-profit advertisements.   This is nothing of the sort.  
Bullocks. It is advertising his wife's new business. It IS for profit. I don't know why p1p doesn't just quietly take his advertisement down...It is not even presented in an honest manner in my opinion. Sounds more like a car salesman's pitch. My wife gives free Amway demonstrations. No obligation to buy. PM me for details

maitembot.......

You have hit the nail right on the head.

It's distinctly apparent that the general posters / members (the ordinary little people) have a clear vision of what is right and wrong. i.e. what is proper and what becomes an impropriety.

And the relationship with a "car salesmans pitch" is not far off the mark either.

:o

> I don't know why p1p doesn't just quietly take his advertisement down.

Because then you'd accuse him of censoring your posts as all your posts would disappear too. :o A fair & objective moderator leaves his own crap out there even when taking heavy flak... then closes his eyes, touches the ground and goes 'ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'...

Cheers,

Chanchao

>  I don't know why p1p doesn't just quietly take his advertisement down.

Because then you'd accuse him of censoring your posts as all your posts would disappear too.  Chanchao

I'd prefer a response from p1p rather than yours-- unless your are his mouthpiece now, and your response to a question is to attack me, and make stupid accusations about me.

As a lad in Sydney, I remember all the cheesy TV pitches, and this advertisement sounds just like them. Later, in uni, we studied Marketing 101, and it seems p1p took the same course, for every line is straight out of that course.

I don't object so much to ads on this site, but I would prefer a pitch without the smoke and mirrors. Honesty in advertising, please.

I'd prefer a response from p1p

OK, here is your response.

I understand the jaded cynics who can not believe anything can be for nothing. However I can categorically assure you that she will sell nothing, although she might well reccommend products to overcome certain problems. She is not a Chiang Mai girl and is using this as an avenue to get to meet people.

Why not send your wife or GF along to find out? They have nothing to lose and the potential to gain.

I'd prefer a response from p1p

OK, here is your response.

I understand the jaded cynics who can not believe anything can be for nothing. However I can categorically assure you that she will sell nothing, although she might well reccommend products to overcome certain problems. She is not a Chiang Mai girl and is using this as an avenue to get to meet people.

Why not send your wife or GF along to find out? They have nothing to lose and the potential to gain.

Quite frankly p1p I personally don't give a horses arse whether your missus promotes (via your self / your posts), her product.

I think that as long as these "promotions" on the forum don't get out of hand that there is no problem / no worries.

The more general the topics that are posted so much the better (in my view)