New account

AgentSmith

So you people won't close accounts. But then I decided to not use it anymore per your instructions. Then I opened a new account just because I wanted a fresh start and then you banned it. Well that's a funny conundrum. Basically you're saying people can never switch again. If even Google allows it shouldn't you review your policy here?

Also my main browser window is locked because you failed to include a logout button in the screen that says I'm banned.

• Like 1

This is all I have in the session of the new account:

TV-banned.png

Would be nice if someone at TV ended it for me.

34 minutes ago, dabhand said:

'You can checkout but you  can never leave' rings a bell here.:biggrin:

Yes it does.. ????

Edited by AgentSmith
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AgentSmith said:

Would be nice if someone at TV ended it for me.

We don't have the power to end sessions I'm afraid. Can you not just close the browser tab?

On your other issue, you can email support[at]thaivisa.com for a username change. If you have a REALLY good reason we could allow creation of a new account.

If you don't see the Sign-Out option in the top-right corner when you click your user name, you can always CLEAR COOKIES in your browser (as that's where the current user information and login-ID/security_token are stored and referenced).

A mentioned, ThaiVisa can if given a really good reason either change your original user name or allow you to create a new account (though they'll likely make it so the original account can't be recovered to prevent it ever being used again). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichCor said:

If you don't see the Sign-Out option in the top-right corner when you click your user name, you can always CLEAR COOKIES in your browser (as that's where the current user information and login-ID/security_token are stored and referenced).

First off I don't want to clear all my cookies. And it doesn't take away the fact that it's pretty stupid someone forgot to put a log-off button in that page.

A mentioned, ThaiVisa can if given a really good reason either change your original user name or allow you to create a new account (though they'll likely make it so the original account can't be recovered to prevent it ever being used again). 

That's the thing. They decided for me to ban the second account before even bothering to ask about the first. They just threw some rule about duplicate accounts in my face off a page no one ever reads anyway and that was it.

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

We don't have the power to end sessions I'm afraid. Can you not just close the browser tab?

I have a dozen other tabs open too and closing just the one tab won't end the session.

On your other issue, you can email support[at]thaivisa.com for a username change. If you have a REALLY good reason we could allow creation of a new account.

I just don't get why this needs to be a thing. I just want to start with a new account. This is possible on a million other websites. You're just making it stupidly difficult. If you don't want 'duplicate' accounts then put a friccin "close account" button in the settings page and be done with it so we can all call it a day.

And yeah I'll be browsing over all my cookies soon to delete the Thai Visa one just because your forum software is a mess.

Also can you please answer your emails next time and solve these issues properly? Saves us all from having to discuss this publicly.

Edited by AgentSmith