Thailand to allow long-stay tourists in island of Phuket from October

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

And anyone who has 300000 baht to throw away to cover the jump through hoops required.

This is from the Anatara ASQ price? 

As far as I am aware none of the prices or agents or flight methodologies for the October 1st thing are known by anyone yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Col said:

People are not going to come here for 30 days

spend 14 days in a hotel

and and pay $100,000 in insurance.

Nobody ask you to pay $100,000 !!!

Only to have an insurance that covers this amount. (Most cover far most than that)

For tourists it will be a few tens of dollar only.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:

Nobody ask you to pay $100,000 !!!

Only to have an insurance that covers this amount. (Most cover far most than that)

For tourists it will be a few tens of dollar only.

In the U.K. Insurance Companies have policies with cover for Covid and hospitalisation will Travel Insurance be accepted or must it be Health Insurance ?

On 8/21/2020 at 4:47 PM, Sheryl said:

And how exactly are tourists going to get there? Will they start to issue tourist visas again? Flights?

Cheers for the lol.

Doubtless it has not been well thought out so we can expect a clarification and by clarification I mean a complete change.  

This must be a Aprils fools joke but it is not april. As stated by many others, who is going to spend 200K to go for a 3 to four week vacation and spend half of it couped up in the hotel. and getting tested 2 to 3 times for covid? that's after getting tested before you get on the plane.  don't forget the 100K health insurance.They say 8k tourist, i think maybe they misinterpreted that and meant 8.

They must be smoking some weid chit.

Edited by uffe123
spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

That would definitely eliminate the idea of trying to sneak out or check out early 555  

Well its in case you infect Thai staff at the hotel with Covid. The 100000 USdollar insurance only covers yourself for hospital and infection, not the Thai staff.

A high up immigration officer told me this was going to happen.

58 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

makes no sense to get rid of those already here who don’t have COVID and are also spending the baht.

Even more so given the time elapsed. News often bangs on about 'those stranded' which was true maybe 4-5 months ago but it isn't now. anyone who has made it this far should be told they can chill out 'til the end of the year. I can't see the powerful business wing of the administration allowing it (chucking out paying customers) to happen. If they want money then tell everyone to go 7-11 with 2 large and their passport. I dunno... like you say, it makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, uffe123 said:

This must be a Aprils fools joke but it is not april. As stated by many others, who is going to spend 200K to go for a 3 to four week vacation and spend half of it couped up in the hotel. and getting tested 2 to 3 times for covid? that's after getting tested before you get on the plane.  don't forget the 100K health insurance.They say 8k tourist, i think maybe they misinterpreted that and meant 8.

They must be smoking some weid chit.

If asq was 30k maybe even 60k with just 14 day quarantine and travel freely me personally I would probably do that. But this plan clearly targets the rich. Not sure if they remember but most of the world was close and millions lost their jobs..

This seems like it still an attempt to keep people out..this plan how many retirees can really re enter. 

Ok we’ll 2 weeks in seclusion with plenty of relax time..hmm wonder 

if Wifi is included.. then we can go touring around the bubble for 16 days

then head back home for 14 days of R and R in seclusion...

but being in the US wi fi is not included..will be pay by hour at hotel

@$6.99/hr the new executive order POTUS.. is it POTUS or POKE US..

but it’s OK being deferred to build Thee Wall..

.. hmmm rumor is another Executive order might be coming to change 

the name from America to Trump World with Quasi Company Vision:

Welcome to Trump World Home anyone can be an idiot movement..

All monthly donations must be current.. money is to be used for whatever 

POTTW wants to... 

oh never mind just did the finances and we are broke..

1 hour ago, Shey420 said:

If asq was 30k maybe even 60k with just 14 day quarantine and travel freely me personally I would probably do that. But this plan clearly targets the rich. Not sure if they remember but most of the world was close and millions lost their jobs..

This seems like it still an attempt to keep people out..this plan how many retirees can really re enter. 

No it’s the old adage that Thailand think all foreigners are walking ATMs

How about a 6 month tourist visa?

If we're going to spend 16 days in quarantine in an expensive hotel at our own expense, it would be nice if Thailand were willing to give something back.

• Haha 2

As long as we're making requests as they work out the details, here's my 2 cents:

1.  Allow GF/Wife to join in quarantine.

2. Permit beach and local restaurant access within 1 km area allowed.

3. Option to make own flight reservations, including flights thru BKK.

4. Limit or expedite paperwork (CoE etc) and approvals.

Should I wake up now?

7 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

So what's the difference between being quarantined in a hotel in Phuket vs Bangkok? ????

They think it would be easier to contain an outbreak on an island rather than in Bangkok, other islands have been proposed including Samui.

• Like 1

'Thailand will allow' blah blah... love the place to bits but the 'we are special' thing does wear thin. As if folk are lining up to be subjected to that rigmarole and expense (before the real headaches start even) lol. Wake up Thighland before you get torn a new one by your next door neighbours :whistling:.

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, habuspasha said:

As long as we're making requests as they work out the details, here's my 2 cents:

1.  Allow GF/Wife to join in quarantine.

2. Permit beach and local restaurant access within 1 km area allowed.

3. Option to make own flight reservations, including flights thru BKK.

4. Limit or expedite paperwork (CoE etc) and approvals.

Should I wake up now?

Can you not see the problem.

You CANNOT quarantine walking around and going to the beach and going to restaurants.

People in the "exclusion zone" will be on day 1, or day 7 or day 10 etc.. of their quarantine.  

So you may be Covid free on day 11, but then you come into contact with some virus from someone on day 2 of quarantine, then you have it.

Quarantine/Self Isolation is that........its 14 days on your own, then you are clear.

This suggestion of being able to move around is nonsense - or its designed for package tours from China.   Get them in, same hotel all of them for 14 days and then ship them back to China.

The idea of further testing and staying another week and then you can move around is LIKELY just to try to make it not look like its for Chinese, try to make it appear to be for "all" not just the Chinese.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, K in BKK said:

1 Oct: Arrive

15 Oct: Tourist develops covid symptoms

16 Oct" Typical panic decision making process and the Island is locked down, tourists "invited" to enjoy another 14 days in quarantine.

That's a hard pass from me

Not to mention the 7 days additional as a goodwill to boost Phuket economy. 

Evidently you can choose your own humpy to stay during these seven days..

So you have 21 days in Phuket. 

Plus flights. 

Plus testing. 

Plus ???

Well we have no idea until they release the story behind the headline. 

• Like 1