Thailand to allow long-stay tourists in island of Phuket from October

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, Aussie Col said:

I can't see that being allowed and i don't think you are allowed to leave the hotel.

Obviously the hotel would have to supply all your food inclusive of the price.

The lady would have to follow the same rules.

Of course this would never be mentioned because tourists come here only for cultural heritage, the beaches, and smiles and food ????

• Haha 1

A couple of small issues spring to mind.

Firstly, no Insurance Company will issue any Travel Insurance to any person that is going to visit a Country under a  State of Emergency .

Secondly, who in the name of the Lord Almighty is going to have a Holiday where so many restrictions are placed upon you, and at a Destination that makes you a  " Captive Audience ", fully open to whatever Scams and Gouging the Thai population can throw at you during your captivity.

Prison Island  

• Like 2

Gotta be happy with that,

Just keep them away from my home town of Pattaya. I have clean beaches, no Chinese buses, better pricing facilitating my voracious aptitude for women and better deals/attitude everywhere!!

Thank you kindly????????‍♂️????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Excellent idea to make Phuket a Covid-19 incubator..........????

Seriously, who in their right mind is going to stay in a hotel where there are likely quite a few positive Covid cases..............  if you did not have it on arrival you soon will have it.

What a ridiculous idea.

No one tell them already the COVID-19 changed form already and doesn't kill more then 0.5 per thousand of infected people ?

The panic can stop now... crooks can go back home, it should be the end of all this story now.

Yut ! Yut ! Paï leo, paï, paï kaban, paï ! leo leo !

23 hours ago, shady86 said:

I'm looking forward for foreigners to spend their money to quarantine 14 days at 5 star resorts!

It says their own hotels so maybe any hotel think it's a good and cheaper way for those stranded trying to get back if you can pick your own hotel to quarantine 

23 hours ago, mehrdad said:

Who would be will to go on such a journey? 

Someone who lives there waiting to return home. What will be interesting is if they will included long stay visas, and what countries will be included.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Limits the market already .. how many people can take a mth in one hit from their vacation allowance and then spend nearly half of it indoors .. 

Then return home for another 14 days quarantine ,example return to Australia and pay another $3,000 for 14 day Quarantine,it just ain’t going to happen unless regulations change

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Except that the virus has an incubation period of up to 14 days... and can remain undetected for that length of time post-exposure, before symptoms can surface if they do. And people are said to be most contagious in the few days before symptoms surface, and then the first few days after.

Actually people who are infected are not infectious after 11 days into the infection so a 14 day quarantine works. Only people who have a serious case are infectious after the 11th day of infection so they will not mistakenly escape quarantine by being presymptomatic or asymptomatic.

Very limited market. How can retirees even afford this..here is the Breakdown
1-Covid test negative 72 hours before arrival..find an impossible probably expensive flight..Covid test upon arrival.
2-Get in phuket Asq which there are only three at this point two of them cost over 220,000 baht  the other one is about 100,000 baht with other rooms with increased prices.
3-Covid test on day 11-13..once cleared leave asq and book another probably expensive hotel in phuket for 7 days and travel freely around phuket.  On day 4 or 5 Covid test again to be allowed to leave phuket and travel the country. 
Estimated $9000 usd and  4 Covid test later you can now travel thailand and spend more money.  This is a pass

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Actually people who are infected are not infectious after 11 days into the infection so a 14 day quarantine works. Only people who have a serious case are infectious after the 11th day of infection so they will not mistakenly escape quarantine by being presymptomatic or asymptomatic.

What you're saying is consistent with what I said above. 

The person I was responding to had suggested reducing to a 7-day quarantine, and I was answering that that would not be appropriate given what we know about the virus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockbottom said:

There's no mention of any specific group except "foreign tourists". There's no cryptic intent by TAT to specifically target long stay expats and those on retirement visas. This is a general tourist proposal for "foreign tourists" who wish to stay 30 days or more to jump start the fledgling tourist industry. IMHO this proposal will not do much at all to meet what ever financial projections the TAT are expecting. 

So in your opinion all the visitors they are referring to can only be "foreign tourists". 

As the scheme is over thirty days everyone will be a visa holder, but you are assuming that must be a tourist visa, after all Non O is not for tourists.

"Visitors will have to take an additional test and remain within the province for another week before they can travel to other parts of the country."

The devil is in the detail and people should wait for that before making assumptions.

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Some people will use this opportunity to get back to Thailand and stay in Thailand longer than 30 days

They have specified 30 days for those coming as tourists.

"Tourists will have to stay for at least 30 days, "

My take is that the assumption is others will be coming for longer anyway.

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What you're saying is consistent with what I said above. 

The person I was responding to had suggested reducing to a 7-day quarantine, and I was answering that that would not be appropriate given what we know about the virus.

Apologies. I am tired. Been online too much today and going through this feed a little quickly. My bad. Break Time!

Edited by vermin on arrival

7 hours ago, sandyf said:

I would really like to get back to the UK for a while but not until I can get back relatively easily. If this pans out I may see a proper Christmas dinner for the first time in 20 years.

Is it 20 years already since the pandemic started? This lockdown is playing havoc with my sense of time...????

Point well made about re-entry though ????

• Like 1

During isolation 2 covid tests. After isolation 1 more test and remain in province for 1 week awaiting loooong the result. So all in all 3 covid tests? Wait.Not 3. To be able to fly the airline will want a covid test too. So I am doing 4 covid tests and spend 1200 USD for that alone? Are these guys living on the moon? Bunch of fckin idiots!

And do you really want to be one of those few tourists imported to Phuket? Can you imagine how they all will ripp you off, hotel, food, transportation, beach, boat,  covid tests etc, just absolutely everywhere. And bars? Probably ordered to stay closed... Wow...

Edited by P100
  • Like 1

RE - Tourists will have to stay for at least 30 days, with the first 14 days in quarantine in a limited vicinity of their hotel, before they can visit other areas

RE - Visitors will have to take two coronavirus tests during quarantine before they are able to travel to the rest of the island,

RE - Visitors will have to take an additional test and remain within the province for another week before they can travel to other parts of the country.

* It is known that Christmas is approaching, but that the belief in Santa Claus is so strong never ceases to amaze ... :thumbsup:

Edited by ttrd

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

RE - Tourists will have to stay for at least 30 days, with the first 14 days in quarantine in a limited vicinity of their hotel, before they can visit other areas

* It is known that Christmas is approaching, but that the faith in Santa Claus is so strong never ceases to amaze ...

I thought Thailand was a Buddhist country, so know Santa Claus.

7 minutes ago, Aussie Col said:

I thought Thailand was a Buddhist country, so know Santa Claus.

... the Buddhist version ... :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Another JOKE situation! - No UK Farangs are going to arrive in Thailand (even if there were flights from LHR.....) spend 2 weeks in expensive isolation, "enjoy" 2 weeks holiday in some shut-down resort, then go into 2 weeks isolation back in UK before going back to work (if they still have a job.). The benefits? - well, presumably there will be a massive discount on the rental of a sun-lounger on Patong beach, and there will be a good choice of position, but then, there will be no peace from the myriad of beach sellers as they will be the only customer for a tacky souvenir......, still, there will presumably be less chance of catching Chlamydia if you are the only one.

This is one lead-balloon which is not going to fly!

In contrast, I am a UK Farang on a Marriage visa, with Health insurance, who wants to return to my home in Krabi, willing to be Covid-tested before and after arrival in Thai, willing to isolate for as long as you like in my own house (as I was doing before my departure to UK in March) and guaranteed to spend more Baht in the Kingdom in the next 12 months than any "2-week tourist".

Does the government want to encourage me to return to support the Thai economy?

Of course not....get real!!

Biding my time for reality to kick in.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ATOM46 said:

Another JOKE situation! - No UK Farangs are going to arrive in Thailand (even if there were flights from LHR.....) spend 2 weeks in expensive isolation, "enjoy" 2 weeks holiday in some shut-down resort, then go into 2 weeks isolation back in UK before going back to work (if they still have a job.). The benefits? - well, presumably there will be a massive discount on the rental of a sun-lounger on Patong beach, and there will be a good choice of position, but then, there will be no peace from the myriad of beach sellers as they will be the only customer for a tacky souvenir......, still, there will presumably be less chance of catching Chlamydia if you are the only one.

This is one lead-balloon which is not going to fly!

In contrast, I am a UK Farang on a Marriage visa, with Health insurance, who wants to return to my home in Krabi, willing to be Covid-tested before and after arrival in Thai, willing to isolate for as long as you like in my own house (as I was doing before my departure to UK in March) and guaranteed to spend more Baht in the Kingdom in the next 12 months than any "2-week tourist".

Does the government want to encourage me to return to support the Thai economy?

Of course not....get real!!

Biding my time for reality to kick in.......

Errrm, why dont you fly to Phuket for 14 days and then go to Krabi after 14 days ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I understand the thai gov't seeks to limit and restrict any possible spread of the virus but this idea will never give airlines enough potential passengers to start scheduling regular flights again and the monthly "state of emergency" continues.

• Like 1