Full English breakfast fry up in Phuket

Agusts

It's been a while since I had a good full English breakfast in a greasy spoon cafe in London, so just had a craving and wondered where in Phuket can I find a good fry up...?

To be really considered full English it must have fried eggs, fried tomatos, toasts, and a proper sausage (not frankfurters) and decent bacons, also baked beans is a must but fried mushroom or anything else exta will make it a five star - I think it would go down nicely with an English tea with milk and sugar, but I know I'll be asking for too much then...lol. ????

Where did you have a good one lately...? 

Depends where you are, the Irish bar in Karon, O'tooles good brekkie in there, in Nai Harn the Breakfast hut been there a long time and Happy Jacks do an all day breakfast Im not sure about the time it opens these days 

29 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Fatty, yes. That's the point of a fry-up, but, soggy? No way. So crisp that it can shatter.

Whomever cooked your fried bread didn't get the oil hot enough and can't be called a cook.

I had that with fish and chips I ordered as a take away didn't get the oil hot enough to fry the fish I didnt see it until I got home had they have served that on a plate in the restaurant I would have sent it back

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never found decent bacon anywhere in LOS. It's all that nasty stringy stuff.

I make my own big breakfast, which is the only way to get a decent one, IMO. Electric fry pan is cheap enough.

You forgot the hash browns, though I suppose they would be considered American. Perhaps the only decent food option to come out of America ( apart from hot dogs ) IMO.

Making your own is the way to go, us English like Black pudding and loads of HP sauce,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Making your own is the way to go, us English like Black pudding and loads of HP sauce,

I liked HP sauce, but stopped using it when the company was sold to foreigners.

Never was a fan of black pudding though. I guess my version is best described as a Big Breakfast, rather than by a country. Had one yesterday. 3 real medium sized sausages, 2 bacon, 3 hash browns, fried onion and mushrooms ( never ever got tomato to fry decently so stopped trying ), 3 fried eggs, baked beans on 2 fried bread. Didn't need to eat another thing all day.

Not something I'd eat all the time- just a special treat.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I liked HP sauce, but stopped using it when the company was sold to foreigners.

Never was a fan of black pudding though. I guess my version is best described as a Big Breakfast, rather than by a country. Had one yesterday. 3 real medium sized sausages, 2 bacon, 3 hash browns, fried onion and mushrooms ( never ever got tomato to fry decently so stopped trying ), 3 fried eggs, baked beans on 2 fried bread. Didn't need to eat another thing all day.

Not something I'd eat all the time- just a special treat.

I lived for a long time in a place called Bury just north of Manchester, famous for Black Pudding 

• Like 1

Let's call Black-pudding what it really is. Congealed pig's blood sausage.

It's  a northern English thing. Us southerners stick to smashed avocado toast.

Still buy HP sauce. It tastes the same as it always does, so, I don't care who owns it.

Many, many traditional English food and condiments are foreign owned these days.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 7:04 AM, KarenBravo said:

Toast? Nah..,should be fried bread.

Bad for the heart but as a treat ....blooming lovely.  Wife loves it with her full English lunch.

In fact , every Thai girl I have known for a long time really come to like an English breakfast

18 hours ago, torturedsole said:

No, that's not natural.  Too soggy and fatty.  

Plain toast, if required.

Only if not done properly.

Secret is to toast the bread first so it is already a little brown and crispy. Then just a quick fry 5-6 seconds each side in hot rice brown oil ( high flash point ) then out of pan and onto kitchen paper.

With this method the bread does not soak up all the oil but is just lightly fried on the outside.

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I lived for a long time in a place called Bury just north of Manchester, famous for Black Pudding 

I lived a year there. Not only famous for its excellent black pudding but best food market I have ever been to. Nice town chuck.

7 minutes ago, trucking said:

Bad for the heart but as a treat ....blooming lovely. 

By your theory I should have been dead a long time ago we was brought up on big fried breakfast, back in England in the late 50's and 60's we had the Transport cafes when my old man used to be a wagon driver, Dont forget the big mug of tea with god know how much sugar in it

3 minutes ago, trucking said:

I lived a year there. Not only famous for its excellent black pudding but best food market I have ever been to. Nice town chuck.

Bury market is where we used to buy it from 

• Like 1

A few places spoil their English breakfast by using Ayam baked beans. Too sweet, even their so-called English recipe ones.  Heinz are very expensive but I bought a few cans of Branstons beans at Food For Foreigners a while back. Pretty good.

For a really big brekkie I would reccomend Angus O'Tools in Karon. Mellow Space and Pineapple Guesthouse also do an English breakfast in Karon....when they are open!

• Thanks 1