Full English breakfast fry up in Phuket

Agusts

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Exactly my point, why a fry-up in Thailand when you can have that at anytime at home, try something different when away ?

But a lot of us are at home here , not on holiday. Sure, if you are only here a few weeks or months then might as well try something else but when you live here full time there comes a day when Pad Grapow with an egg on top is no longer exotic and you fancy something different.

I used to really like Dtom Yam goong soup but made the mistake of ODing on it and now very rarely eat it. Even Thais often avoid spicy food in the morning and will go for something like Khao Dtom or Khao neeo moo ping. Only sort of Thai thing I like in the morning is Patango but have to be carefull not to pig out on them. Not really Thai food but Thais like them

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, trucking said:

I like in the morning is Patango but have to be carefull not to pig out on them. Not really Thai food but Thais like them

Agree totally, Patango I like with a coffee sometimes as a breakfast snack, originated from China I believe?

Yes Thai food when you've been here a long time can become rather boring everyday.

The usual street fayre can become monotonous... most Thais I know are 100% Thai and shrink away from anything different.. except Pizza or similar.

I can give up the full breakfast heart attack menu but would kill for a Sunday roast or even some really good fish & chips... my neck-o-the-woods both are not available, no oven makes the roast impossible and the fish just doesn't match up to a nice piece of cod or haddock with the smell of salt n vinegar!.

Have a great Sunday... 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Like much of the food from olde England, they are that sophisticated or difficult to make yourself, just a matter of opening the packages and throwing it in a pan ain't it?

Everything comes in packages, later this morning I will be driving by Food for Foreigners and they have Chinese chip shop curry powder, In a packet of coarse I'll give it a try my mate said it's all right throw a few onions in 

42 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

When you have lived here a long time then Thai food all the time becomes boring we do a lot of cooking at home and my wife is pretty good at Italian food and home made bread.

We tend to make things you can't get around here and if you can it's garbage 

Liver and Onions with chips and peas and gravy

You've got the correct name... "Chip-butty" I'd donate a kidney for one of them. 

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Many of us havent been "home" for many years and we have Thai food everyday .

So, having an English breakfast is indeed "trying something new when away" , its not as if we came to Thailand for a fortnights holiday and eat on English food 

I do agree, I was really talking about short term holiday makers looking for home food as they don't like the Thai street fayre.

My brother & his missus are a case in point... two of the most difficult eaters alive.

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Exactly my point, why a fry-up in Thailand when you can have that at anytime at home, try something different when away ?

Maybe not you but most I imagine have Thai the majority of the time at home, a fry up actually is something different.

Edited by beechbum
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Come all the way to Thailand and want a full English fry-up.... so sad.

When I lived in London I would eat Thai, Indian, French, Italian, Mexican and much more. It wasn't all English breakfasts, fish and chips and pie, mash and liquor!

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

Sounds great, but, I have a particular weakness for Rose's lime marmalade, which is available.

Haven't seen any Chiver's thick-cut here, unfortunately.

Last month my local (Phitsanulok) Tesco had their own finest thick cut on offer @ Bht 65 a jar. There WERE four jars on the shelf, then there were none!    PML

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

When I lived in London I would eat Thai, Indian, French, Italian, Mexican and much more. It wasn't all English breakfasts, fish and chips and pie, mash and liquor!

Luvvly jubbly... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

And then toast, butter and thick cut marmalade to finish it off. 

Marmalade in Big C here is equivalent to a bar of gold !

Robbers will be nicking that soon instead of hitting the bling shop !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Marmalade in Big C here is equivalent to a bar of gold !

Robbers will be nicking that soon instead of hitting the bling shop !

Try Lazada Thailand.  Just type in Marmalade and plenty of choice delivered to your door. 

I just had some OXO cubes and a jar of Branston Pickle delivered. A little of what you fancy does you good.

14 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Big chunks or small chunks ?

Small but they have big. Name of seller is ' food variety '. Pages of foods from the UK.

The Branston was in a 360g jar for 149 baht

Cant post a link because the right click on my mouse is broken. Getting a new one this afternoon.

Edited by trucking

Along with Branston, marmite, OXO (as previously mentioned) and many other British food products, I came across this marmalade on display in a large supermarket here in Siem Reap - reminded me of my childhood days eating this and drinking their juice:-

Rose's Lime Marmalade Ratings - Mouths of Mums

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trucking said:

Try Lazada Thailand.  Just type in Marmalade and plenty of choice delivered to your door. 

I just had some OXO cubes and a jar of Branston Pickle delivered. A little of what you fancy does you good.

3 names that bring back fond memories... 

7 hours ago, trucking said:

Not so hard to make homemade jam I guess if I wanted to, but as for OXO cubes and Branston go well it's got to be original, shame my Local Big C doesn't sell any hard cheese... can you believe that?

Only that Sh*t sliced rubbish.

Branston pickle on cheese sandwich, damn, now you are bringing back memories...????

But enough talk I'm going for a full English next week, photo, price and verdict to follow..., and your mission too, send a recent one from "Phuket" , should you choose to accept it...! ????

6 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Branston pickle on cheese sandwich, damn, now you are bringing back memories...????

But enough talk I'm going for a full English next week, photo, price and verdict to follow..., and your mission too, send a recent one from "Phuket" , should you choose to accept it...! ????

I had an idea .

Could everyone post up photos of their fry up and I will do a TVF poll to select the best fry up in Thailand .

So, every fry up eater who hasn't posted up a photo already, please do so if you want to be included 

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Not so hard to make homemade jam I guess if I wanted to, but as for OXO cubes and Branston go well it's got to be original, shame my Local Big C doesn't sell any hard cheese... can you believe that?

Only that Sh*t sliced rubbish.

Wow , that is grim. Our local Big C in an Amper of Petchabun does at least have the solid vintage chedder which is good. ( The solid Tasty stuff is best avoided , not much better than the slices )

• Like 1

Best English breakfast in Phuket?  Yorkshire Hotel on Soi Sansibar would be hard to beat.  Not cheap, but good food.

Had a great English breakfast in Khon Kaen last year, just round the corner from the Pulman Hotel.  Owner gets the bacon from a guy who cures the bacon in Thailand, rather than import it.  Stunning.