Full English breakfast fry up in Phuket

Agusts

9 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

I had an idea .

Could everyone post up photos of their fry up and I will do a TVF poll to select the best fry up in Thailand .

So, every fry up eater who hasn't posted up a photo already, please do so if you want to be included 

The food forum would be a great place to run this exciting event.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Not so hard to make homemade jam I guess if I wanted to, but as for OXO cubes and Branston go well it's got to be original, shame my Local Big C doesn't sell any hard cheese... can you believe that?

Only that Sh*t sliced rubbish.

I bought some Lancashire cheese and Stilton last week in Phuket though

15 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I bought some Lancashire cheese and Stilton last week in Phuket though

Ok Ok rub it in why not... 

My local Big C is 99.99% Thai products.... can't even buy beef/steak, hard cheese of any kind forget it.

No venison, no sausages [real ones] sod-all.

But then again I'm not in a tourist area so Thais won't buy it and so they don't stock it.

am I jealous, hell yes ! ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My local Big C is 99.99% Thai products.... can't even buy beef/steak, hard cheese of any kind forget it.

But then again I'm not in a tourist area so Thais won't buy it and so they don't stock it.

There is a company in Chiang Mai called sausage king they do a good range of sausages and they will ship them for you. the owner is a farang

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Available in Tesco

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/shop/fresh-food/fresh-meat-and-poultry/sausages

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Um....That link seems to be from Tesco UK. Bit of a long drive from Petchabun.

Used to have reasonable sausages in Petchabun Makro. Then God saw that I liked them and had them all withdrawn. He's got it in for me for some reason or other. Anything i discover and like soon gets discontinued.

For a month or so my local Big C had the best multigrain unsliced  cottage loaf I have tasted anywhere...UK included. It was big and cost about 170 baht as I remember but a real treat. As soon as it was in stock I would buy 2 at a time and it sold out fast. God saw this and had it discontinued. Big C staff said it was because it was not popular ??!! Impossible since it sold out so fast.

He must have sat on his cloud laughing his head off on that one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d recommend home FFF always a have a decent breakfast selection , Southern wholesalers in Patong. If you don’t like the idea of cooking and cleaning, Carrots in Rawai or Grizzlies in Kathu do fair job both serve fresh coffee or a decent tea with it.

17 hours ago, Rawairat said:

I’d recommend home FFF always a have a decent breakfast selection , Southern wholesalers in Patong. If you don’t like the idea of cooking and cleaning, Carrots in Rawai or Grizzlies in Kathu do fair job both serve fresh coffee or a decent tea with it.

does Grizzlies open for bfast?

17 hours ago, Rawairat said:

Let the guys know what FFF means, "Food for Foreigners" if you are coming from Chalong circle towards Rawai it's behind the new Shell petrol station.

Good selection of bacon and sausages they had some good deals on cheese 299 Baht per kilo for Edam 

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Let the guys know what FFF means, "Food for Foreigners" if you are coming from Chalong circle towards Rawai it's behind the new Shell petrol station.

Good selection of bacon and sausages they had some good deals on cheese 299 Baht per kilo for Edam 

can get most of it a vila

36 minutes ago, flightest said:

Quenchers in patong near makro, full english with back bacon and thick pork sausage, includes tea or coffee, orange juice and toast. have a promotion on now it costs 170 baht.

I second that. I am a long time customer, from the previous location just along the road 30m

1 hour ago, flightest said:

Quenchers in patong near makro, full english with back bacon and thick pork sausage, includes tea or coffee, orange juice and toast. have a promotion on now it costs 170 baht.

I occasionally have their pork chop with mash potatoe and veg, not bad for 200b, must give their full English a try... 

15 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I occasionally have their pork chop with mash potatoe and veg, not bad for 200b, must give their full English a try... 

Yes i had the pork chop last week, the fish and chips is pretty good as well. They have 15% discount on food at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post this last week, been to Quenchers for full English breakfast, as they have a discount on everything now it is 170b for all you see in the photos..., nice all in all...

20200909_021543.jpg

20200909_021653.jpg

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Agusts said:

I forgot to post this last week, been to Quenchers for full English breakfast, as they have a discount on everything now it is 170b for all you see in the photos..., nice all in all...

20200909_021543.jpg

20200909_021653.jpg

They need a new toaster

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

20200909_021543.jpg

20200909_021653.jpg

Had that exact breakfast 3 days ago. Eggs were way overcooked. Roast potatoes hard inside. Sausage was good. I left most potatoes and one egg. Wife ordered fried rice. It looked disgusting. Far too wet. We were disappointed as over many years we never had a bad meal. they did give 15% off all meals. 

Not sure whether we will be back.

Edit - that's not the 170 baht breakfast. It's the full breakfast. I had the 170 baht one with no bacon or orange juice,

Edited by LivinginKata

19 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Had that exact breakfast 3 days ago. Eggs were way overcooked. Roast potatoes hard inside. Sausage was good. I left most potatoes and one egg. Wife ordered fried rice. It looked disgusting. Far too wet. We were disappointed as over many years we never had a bad meal. they did give 15% off all meals. 

Edit - that's not the 170 baht breakfast. It's the full breakfast. I had the 170 baht one with no bacon or orange juice,

Mine wasn't bad at all...!

That's on the menu 200b, but with discount this is 170b now...

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Cant say that looks good at all, not a patch on the huge full English at Peppers(Laguna) 300bht and worth every bht!