Looking for a possible solution to check Child Biological Father through High court

rootrus

Hi All,

I have a question to ask. My wife child is now 8 years old, and she did not marry the child father before and after the child was born.

However, the child biological father name is in the childbirth certificate. 

Is there a possible chance for a lawyer or a family member go to the high court and check in the record if the biological father has ever applied or registered as the father of the child? 

- The father is not a Thailand Citizen.
- The father has not taken care of, or support of the child since the child was born.
- The mother has a statutory declaration of the child.

There are ways to discover any information relating to a child in Thailand best handled by a lawyer, you didn't disclosed for what purposes you need said information or records and whether a DNA test will be required in case someone is contesting fatherhood claims...

• Like 1

Hi Ezzra,

I am applying a resident visa for my wife and her child in the overseas. The immigration request for a confirmation from the court to confirm that the father has not applied for or been registered as the father. 

I have been asking around a few lawyers, and they mentioned that it is possible to get a confirmation from the office where the child was born and get a signature from the court. However, i wonder if that is really possible in Thailand?

On 8/22/2020 at 11:59 AM, rootrus said:

Hi Ezzra,

I am applying a resident visa for my wife and her child in the overseas. The immigration request for a confirmation from the court to confirm that the father has not applied for or been registered as the father. 

I have been asking around a few lawyers, and they mentioned that it is possible to get a confirmation from the office where the child was born and get a signature from the court. However, i wonder if that is really possible in Thailand?

You wrote the father's name is on the birth certificate, so he is registered. However, in Thailand a father that is not married to the mother does not have any parental rights unless granted by court. I think what you should be looking at is a confirmation of sole custody of the mother. That should be easier to get than to search for filings for parental rights in the past 8 years, more so as the father is non Thai therefore harder to find due to no national id number and many different tranciliation possibilities

• Like 1