Thai driving licences: Those with certain diseases to be barred - Big Bike confirmed as 400cc up

rooster59

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Weird that they scapegoat those with congenital disease, but the much bigger problem is drink, no helmet, no licence, speeding, how about law enforcement?

Unfortunately enforcing existing, or new traffic laws is the responsibility of the police, not the Department of Land Transport. We can confidently expect any enforcement activity to be concentrated around "going home time" on a payday.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Quite simple to explain......instead of analysing data, developing, then executing a plan to reduce death on the roads (ready, aim, fire) the Thais prefer, for reasons known only to the elites, to ignore data, announce a plan, then don't enforce it. This is aka the fire, aim, ready method of doing things....preferably involving lots and lots of committees, sub-committees, meetings and press conferences to announce crackdowns, and to call Thailand a 'hub' of something. Sorry to be cynical but I've lived here for some time.

Sad to say but if they did things as they should we probably wouldn't be here because it would be a different country

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Still amazing that a near non existing tutoring session/office yard test allows you to drive motorbikes up to 400ccm.

Even a "teenage bike" (Honda Wave/Click etc) can easily make up to a 100 km/h (~60 mph).

Compare that to rules in a nanny state (like Germany).

I ride BMW 1000c in England , If 400cc is classed as a big bike ,what would my 1000c cc bike be classed as.

• Like 2