Strange Pricing At Anantara Riverside Bangkok

Maybe just a miss understanding, the other person thinks that you want to stay with two persons.

It would of course also not really surprise me if they advertise a "per person price", but have a minimum occupancy of two persons.

Maybe they're sold out of one room choices, and they don't want to offer a 2 room suite to a single person (at the single ASQ rate) when they can probably rent it out to 2 people at the 2 person rate.

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2020 at 1:45 PM, ab1594 said:

I think her complaint is the fact that the price they 1st sent to her on the quotation was for 95,000THB and then when she tried to book the room the price was changed to 190,000THB

Yes, for only 1 person.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:52 PM, impulse said:

Maybe they're sold out of one room choices, and they don't want to offer a 2 room suite to a single person (at the single ASQ rate) when they can probably rent it out to 2 people at the 2 person rate.

It's a 1 bedroom suite with another room for the living area but they have changed it's so they can force 2 people minimum and make twice as much. Its pure greed.

On 8/29/2020 at 1:24 PM, noise said:

I just tried to make a reservation for the Anantara Riverfront Suite and I found (a) nothing available until 1 November and (b) the rate was 10,266 baht per night.  So I am confused by your post.

2020-08-29_102042.jpg

My post includes the quote for ASQ. They should honor the quote.

On 8/30/2020 at 2:47 PM, jackdd said:

Maybe just a miss understanding, the other person thinks that you want to stay with two persons.

It would of course also not really surprise me if they advertise a "per person price", but have a minimum occupancy of two persons.

No, the quote is for the suite for 1 person. It's clear. But they then changed it and want twice as much.

The suite is different to the normal room. It's essentially a seperate living room area and a seperate bedroom. It is for 2 people. Most people who will book that room are 2 people. 

One way they could have avoided your nonsense was just quoting you the full price - INSTEAD of some confusion that it was meant for 2 rooms. After all we have not read all correspondence you had with them - so they may have assumed it was for 2 people. 

They do not have to honour any price because of an error with the quoting. 

Edited by AndrewMciver