Land & Buildings Tax 2020

LuciusCornelius

Just want to be sure that I understand everything correctly. LINE does not work anymore - I tried 0839749584. Or is there a different ID in the meantime? 

Even if my condo is my residence I will have to pay taxes if I have no yellow book. Is this correct? I have only 1 condo.

Edited by Oldie

6 hours ago, Oldie said:

Just want to be sure that I understand everything correctly. LINE does not work anymore - I tried 0839749584. Or is there a different ID in the meantime? 

Even if my condo is my residence I will have to pay taxes if I have no yellow book. Is this correct? I have only 1 condo.

The Line no longer works, they were probably getting too many people adding, they don't appear to be well organised. Call one of these numbers instead 038 253151 - 2, Not worth wasting your life at City Hall. When I called the yellow book wasn't mentioned, I told them what was in my Blue book because they couldn't find the condo. No charge this year, maybe next year, no explanation Thai style, call back they said next April, no chance me doing that, they need to get their act together

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

Yes, the yellow book is the proove that you life in that condo and therefore not need to pay.

You only can be named in 1 yellow/blue book.

54 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Line no longer works, they were probably getting too many people adding, they don't appear to be well organised. Call one of these numbers instead 038 253151 - 2, Not worth wasting your life at City Hall. When I called the yellow book wasn't mentioned, I told them what was in my Blue book because they couldn't find the condo. No charge this year, maybe next year, no explanation Thai style, call back they said next April, no chance me doing that, they need to get their act together

For me it worked, when I gone to the office to correct some mistakes. If your office is not too far away I would suggest you go there. And not every office is the same.. some even have very friendly and helpfull personal there.

About they are not organnised... that's another story.. no comment

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't understand why perhaps thousands of people have to go there. It costs them money and time to get there and to sit there around and wait. On top of it we have Corona and gatherings should be avoided. Why can't they send out the bill by mail... I have no mood to go there too. In addition I might need the yellow book so that I don't have to pay taxes (perhaps - who knows...) . I checked the requirements to get one as foreigner. Really not simple to get it. Forget it - far too much effort. 

13 hours ago, Oldie said:

That's correct but it's not an ID it is the telephone number. Try it see if it works.

8 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

That's correct but it's not an ID it is the telephone number. Try it see if it works.

I tried both and it doesn't work. I even added it to my phone contacts so that it gets added automatically. 

3 hours ago, Mattd said:

FYI a farang owned condo is only tax exempt if the farang owner has a Yellow tabien bahn in his or her name, this is because the blue tabien bahn has no name in it in the case of a farang owner.

I don't think that's correct, I phoned them, gave details of my blue book said my only residence and they said no charge

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't think that's correct, I phoned them, gave details of my blue book said my only residence and they said no charge

Then you were lucky. But normal case is that you have to show your yellow book (as foreigner) to be tax excempt.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:15 PM, HampiK said:

Then you were lucky. But normal case is that you have to show your yellow book (as foreigner) to be tax excempt.

Ya, i think you were indeed lucky.  I own condos in 4 different provinces for my own use & so have utility bills in my own name at each.  What would prevent me from telling each ampur tax collector that each of them was my primary residence in Thailand? A yellow book would.  My bet is that if the ampur tax collectors haven't already seen that wrinkle, they will at some point in future.   

• 3 weeks later...

Update Pattaya City Hall - if you don't have a Yellow Book you need to pay taxes as foreigner. There is no other way. I attached what you need for a Yellow Book. It looks Thai but there is English too. For my taste it is too much what you need. 

Tax.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oldie said:

Update Pattaya City Hall - if you don't have a Yellow Book you need to pay taxes as foreigner. There is no other way. I attached what you need for a Yellow Book. It looks Thai but there is English too. For my taste it is too much what you need. 

Tax.jpg

Strange, I didn't have to pay and I'm definitely a foreigner and no yellow book, makes sense as usual

18 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange, I didn't have to pay and I'm definitely a foreigner and no yellow book, makes sense as usual

I asked at 2 counters and both told me that without Yellow Book you have to pay and so I paid. Then I went to the 2nd floor and asked how to get a Yellow Book. The lady there explained it to me and gave me this piece of paper that I put here as photo. 

By the way - I arrived there at 4:10 and I was the only one everywhere. They all were very friendly and didn't complain that I came so late. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mauisteve said:

Any chance Pattaya City Hall is extending the 90% tax discount into November at all?

If you don't get an answer here you can call the 1337 (and then for English press 9). This is the City Hall Hotline available around the clock.

I'm stuck out of Thailand due to the pandemic.  I wanted to get the property tax promptly paid to get the discount and avoid penalty.  I found and used a Pattaya agent who charged THB 1000 for running down to Pattaya City Hall with copies of my chanote, blue book, land office receipt, and my passport copy.  The agent was prompt and efficient and all this got done the same morning I provided my documents by e-mail.  Maybe you can find an agent who will do this for cheaper, but taking care of this now and paying the agent fee will probably be cheaper than if you miss the discount period and/or start getting hit with a late penalty.

Done and done... happy camper now.

Note: My tax was paid on Nov 2 and still got the 90% discount.  Not sure when the discount will truly end.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mauisteve said:

I'm stuck out of Thailand due to the pandemic.  I wanted to get the property tax promptly paid to get the discount and avoid penalty.  I found and used a Pattaya agent who charged THB 1000 for running down to Pattaya City Hall with copies of my chanote, blue book, land office receipt, and my passport copy.  The agent was prompt and efficient and all this got done the same morning I provided my documents by e-mail.  Maybe you can find an agent who will do this for cheaper, but taking care of this now and paying the agent fee will probably be cheaper than if you miss the discount period and/or start getting hit with a late penalty.

Note: My tax was paid on Nov 2 and still got the 90% discount.  Not sure when the discount will truly end.

How much was the tax you paid? I'll guess, 36 baht? 

18 hours ago, mauisteve said:

If I recall right, late penalty for old system land land tax used to be 400baht (if not 200), regardless of how many years late...mine was 5yrs. Still 400 total for all late years 1 to 5.