Land & Buildings Tax 2020

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FYI a farang owned condo is only tax exempt if the farang owner has a Yellow tabien bahn in his or her name, this is because the blue tabien bahn has no name in it in the case of a farang owner.

Why would you pay a lawyer 1500 baht per condo when tax cost for your 2 condo would be only 136 baht after discount applied?   Even if you missed the discount date total tax would still only

Yes, city hall was a zoo but the accountant battled through it and got the tax paid.  Oddly, 198 baht total in tax, which at least was expressed to me as 99 baht per unit.  Obviously, I would anticipa

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mauisteve said:

Any chance Pattaya City Hall is extending the 90% tax discount into November at all?

If you don't get an answer here you can call the 1337 (and then for English press 9). This is the City Hall Hotline available around the clock.

I'm stuck out of Thailand due to the pandemic.  I wanted to get the property tax promptly paid to get the discount and avoid penalty.  I found and used a Pattaya agent who charged THB 1000 for running down to Pattaya City Hall with copies of my chanote, blue book, land office receipt, and my passport copy.  The agent was prompt and efficient and all this got done the same morning I provided my documents by e-mail.  Maybe you can find an agent who will do this for cheaper, but taking care of this now and paying the agent fee will probably be cheaper than if you miss the discount period and/or start getting hit with a late penalty.

Done and done... happy camper now.

Note: My tax was paid on Nov 2 and still got the 90% discount.  Not sure when the discount will truly end.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mauisteve said:

I'm stuck out of Thailand due to the pandemic.  I wanted to get the property tax promptly paid to get the discount and avoid penalty.  I found and used a Pattaya agent who charged THB 1000 for running down to Pattaya City Hall with copies of my chanote, blue book, land office receipt, and my passport copy.  The agent was prompt and efficient and all this got done the same morning I provided my documents by e-mail.  Maybe you can find an agent who will do this for cheaper, but taking care of this now and paying the agent fee will probably be cheaper than if you miss the discount period and/or start getting hit with a late penalty.

Note: My tax was paid on Nov 2 and still got the 90% discount.  Not sure when the discount will truly end.

How much was the tax you paid? I'll guess, 36 baht? 

18 hours ago, mauisteve said:

If I recall right, late penalty for old system land land tax used to be 400baht (if not 200), regardless of how many years late...mine was 5yrs. Still 400 total for all late years 1 to 5.