BANGKOK
Keith5588

Thai government 40% tourist discount

15 hours ago, tlandtday said:

I believe this ends on October 31?

Yes so I read, unless they extend it.

On 9/8/2020 at 5:41 AM, stament said:

Great, many thanks. What about flights as I couldn't see that on there.

You can claim the flight discount after you have checked out. You have to stay first night in a province served by the airport you land and vice versa.

What I posted previously about the discount wasn't quite right. My wife had interpreted it as 40% of the first 1000 baht of the ticket price but it turns out it is 40% up to 1000 baht.

They only pay out,refund to the wallet, twice a month on 15th and 30th. We came back end of Aug and claimed too late for the 30th, got paid on 15th this week, approved in the morning and paid in the afternoon.

The 1000 baht was under the original scheme, I believe that went up to 2000 baht on 1st Sept.

On 9/7/2020 at 3:55 PM, tlandtday said:

I believe this ends on October 31?

Technically correct but in reality it is the 30th for last check in. Vouchers issued on 30th would be valid till midnight on 31st.

We are going to a function in Chantaburi on 31st Oct and will stay the night, but cannot be booked under the scheme.

With the changes that have already been made I do not see any extension coming forth.

On 9/6/2020 at 7:26 AM, ChipButty said:

I think this is the web site https://search-merchant.xn--12c1bik6bbd8ab6hd1b5jc6jta.com/ 

From what Im reading dont take the prices as gospel go to Agoda.com and check the prices there 

We have just booked with a hotel in Petchabun. Government website indicated booking by Agoda or the hotel and as dedicated Agoda user my wife went there first, but they were only offering one room type without breakfast under the scheme.

My wife then checked with the hotel website and we got the same room with breakfast for less than the Agoda price.

Nothing is ever clear cut.