Elite visa

i am stuck in UK my retirement visa expired in June. I then went down the Elite visa route.i have now been accepted for that visa. I paid the money 500.000 was then informed that they are only letting in Elite who already have there visa in there passport. So how can I travel to Thai if no visa. Any advice would be appreciated. They have said they can only give me visa at airport in Thai.

The simple answer is you can't, the UK Thai embassy website still shows they are not issuing COE for elite holders visa in passport or not

**The Certificate of Entry is not for tourism and retirement purposes.**

Therefore, 30-day tourist visa exemption for certain nationals, tourist visa, retirement visa, and Elite visa are currently suspended.  Foreigners who are going to Thailand must have valid non-immigrant visa in accordance with their purpose of visit in each category below.

Keep a daily look out on the web page as i'm sure it will change as they slowly let different categories in, one thing i am sure about you will be in Thailand long before Tourists will be back

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peeba boy said:

Any advice would be appreciated. They have said they can only give me visa at airport in Thai.

I guess this is why they're still issuing the 6 months of extra membership to new members.

Give it a month or so, I have a feeling things are going to start to change soon and you should be at the front of the queue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

You apply through Thailand Elite in Thailand if you already have the visa, the process is long winded and involves the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who TE contact on your behalf, here's an infographic from the email :

image.png.edbc008890f5cecca5df0212738642d2.png

I though about getting an Elite as i have been waiting since April to get back to Thailand i have a valid visa for Thailand, so hopefully oct/nov, not sure you can apply if you hold a valid visa though

17 minutes ago, howerde said:

I though about getting an Elite as i have been waiting since April to get back to Thailand i have a valid visa for Thailand, so hopefully oct/nov, not sure you can apply if you hold a valid visa though

I think it depends entirely on the type of visa you have, I would email them directly to be sure.

• Thanks 1

Wait a second, guys, this is more confusion. Does this mean that to enter Thailand with an Elite, you have to have the Elite visa ALREADY stamped in your passport. But such stamping can be done only in Thailand. So how do you enter Thailand if you have applied for and granted an Elite visa outside the country? 

I am in the States. My understanding has been that I apply for the Elite visa here, and once visa has been approved, I land in Thailand and my passport would then be stamped with the Elite visa. Looks like I am wrong. Am I?

My understanding is that it's possible. 

As per the flow chart above, all existing members with the Elite visa sticker already in their passport and those who have recently been approved and paid must apply to the TEM-Q program and be issued with a letter of authorisation. This is then used as part of your documentation to obtain the CoE from your Thai Embassy. 

It seems like many embassies haven't updated their websites yet and it often seems like pot luck with who receives and replies to your email. 

This is what Thai Elite told me and I followed it up with an email to the London embassy who confirmed. 

• Like 1

UKrules, Thanks for the explanation and it is clear to me now. I have also just received a message from the Elite visa agency I've been in touch with, which reiterates your statements. New members whose applications have been approved are soon likely to be admitted under the Thai Elite Quarantine Program (TEMQ); presumably such people will have to follow the same entry processes as current Elite visa holders.

Thailand Elite Visas Newsletter

Welcome!

We've put up this Newsletter for people like you who wanted to know what's happening in the Thailand Elite membership program.

We will give you regular updates, news and even promotional deals that will likely benefit everyone during their stay in the Kingdom.

Latest News and Updates

Thailand Elite members with visas already affixed in their passports have been granted by CCSA entry to Thailand through the Thailand Elite Quarantine Program(TEMQ).

We believe new Elite members will be shortly approved and they will be required to follow the same guidelines as current Elite members under the quarantine rules and regulations attached below:

TEMQ Terms and Conditions

TEMQ Application Form

TEMQ Presentation

3 hours ago, Peeba boy said:

I paid the money 500.000 was then informed that they are only letting in Elite who already have there visa in there passport. So how can I travel to Thai if no visa.

You can’t travel to Thailand now.  Try to get a refund.  Others have found the same problem.  It’s a big catch 22.  You can’t actually get the visa until you land in Thailand, and you can’t get a COE to fly to Thailand without the visa.....

2 hours ago, HerewardtheWake said:

once visa has been approved, I land in Thailand and my passport would then be stamped with the Elite visa. Looks like I am wrong. Am I?

you are missing that you can’t fly to Thailand without a COE from a Thai embassy, and they won’t issue that COE until you have the elite visa stamped in your passport.

44 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

you are missing that you can’t fly to Thailand without a COE from a Thai embassy, and they won’t issue that COE until you have the elite visa stamped in your passport.

You can fly to Thailand without a visa in your passport. Thai Elite have said that new members will shortly be approved, so then they will be able to travel, with a letter of authorisation. 

Or I suppose embassies could issue the Elite visa but as it's a specific sticker, that wouldn't be easy. 

Hi, I was approved for an Elite Visa last week and it seems Thailand Elite Visa is in Talks with immigration for the curret issues to be workout out.  I will not be paying for the Thailand Elite Visa until it is, I have a 3 month window. 

Greetings from Thailand Elite ….

Important Note: Foreigners still are not allow to enter Thailand at the moment including Thailand Elite members. However, we would like to inform you that at the moment, we are in process of editing our proposal to meet the high standards and suggestions of related ministries such as The Ministries of Foreign Affairs and The Ministries of Public Health. It takes time because we are trying to negotiate for the best and the most convenient while the government has many issues to concern and needs us to follow. 

Kindly wait for further official announcement that issues from Thailand Privilege Card Company only as we are very concerned if news from the other media channel is not the exact/ correct information, which caused of misunderstanding to you.

A new Statement on the Thailand Embassy website:

For Thailand Privilege Card holders, please contact Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. (Thailand Elite) directly to request for an authorization. At this stage, without an authorization from Thailand, the Royal Thai Embassy can’t issue COE for Elite card holders. 

Hopefully this is sorted in the very near future. 

• Like 1

Wow man that sucks. I was definitely leaning towards buy the visa but most likely not. Elite holders, retirees with proper visa, and spouses should have been on the top of the list with nationals at the start of the repatriation flights

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leicesterguyuk said:

You can fly to Thailand without a visa in your passport. Thai Elite have said that new members will shortly be approved, so then they will be able to travel, with a letter of authorisation. 

Or I suppose embassies could issue the Elite visa but as it's a specific sticker, that wouldn't be easy. 

Not at the moment you can’t travel without paperwork Approval from via Thai embassy. The visa exempt route may not be available for some time 

5 minutes ago, swampdonkey said:

Not at the moment you can’t travel without paperwork Approval from via Thai embassy.

Exactly, that is not a visa. It's paperwork approval and to get that through use of an Elite visa, an authorisation letter from Thai Elite will be required. That's what they have said and part of their flowchart. 

I honestly don't get posts such as the OP.

It was well documented here and elsewhere that Thailand Elite won't give you immediate entry to Thailand and at least since their last announcement it has been suggested that it's for existing VISA (not membership) holders only. The visa can only be affixed in Thailand.

Who would pay 500k Baht before all of this is sorted?? Why???

• Like 1

Here's some more information from the 'presentation' :

image.png.20ea3e0e0dd328137d6d3d821195694f.png

image.png.4ff36c432126cfcdb43636566cf069dd.png

This bit is of particular relevance to people who have recently joined and need a vise inserting on arrival :

image.png.20e890da9a1cc1b5681f306af262d4be.png

They are not able to operate EPA meet and greet service....that's the part where they meet you and then insert the new visas when you arrive at the airport and it's what will need to change before new visas can be inserted on arrival.

It's a fluid and devloping situation right now....things will change but I guess all change takes time....

Edited by ukrules

37 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

I honestly don't get posts such as the OP.

It was well documented here and elsewhere that Thailand Elite won't give you immediate entry to Thailand and at least since their last announcement it has been suggested that it's for existing VISA (not membership) holders only. The visa can only be affixed in Thailand.

Who would pay 500k Baht before all of this is sorted?? Why???

You would be at the front of the line, all approved and ready to start the process as soon as the change comes.

Or you could wait potentially a few months more and then join the line once the masses start arriving and see how much longer that takes.

I was told by elitevisa that they can arrange to have the visa inserted in my passport at the consulate here in USA it just takes about 2 weeks for the process. 
Im assuming they will mail the sticker to the consulate from Thailand and thats why it takes 2 weeks

this was quoted from my agent 

Yes, there is no specific date say when the other members can enter Thailand. But the update that we have received from our Boss yesterday is the Thailand Elite Privilege Co., Ltd will send the Elite Sticker to the Thai Embassy. Then Let the menbers go get Stickers there. This is a plan but not effect just yet. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Winegeeker said:

I was told by elitevisa that they can arrange to have the visa inserted in my passport at the consulate here in USA it just takes about 2 weeks for the process. 
Im assuming they will mail the sticker to the consulate from Thailand and thats why it takes 2 weeks

this was quoted from my agent 

Yes, there is no specific date say when the other members can enter Thailand. But the update that we have received from our Boss yesterday is the Thailand Elite Privilege Co., Ltd will send the Elite Sticker to the Thai Embassy. Then Let the menbers go get Stickers there. This is a plan but not effect just yet. 

Interesting, and encouraging. But will all embassies be willing to do this, considering how busy they are already? 

I suppose Thai Elite had to push for something for new members, or more so the couple of thousand currently going through the approval process. No way in would surely mean the majority would withhold payment. And this is Thailand, money rules. 

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

You would be at the front of the line, all approved and ready to start the process as soon as the change comes.

But you may be waiting at the front of the line for many months, or a year or two......

• Like 1

One thing that is interesting from the flow chart above is - at least for the time being - health insurance is now required for Thai Elite members entering Thailand whereas it never was before. While health insurance is wise to have as an Elite member I do not want to have to go through the additional logistics of proving I have said insurance to enter Thailand. Ideally this requirement drops off once the Covid quarantine goes away too. For reasons such as this I have no intention of leaving Thailand until this pandemic is over which I understand could still be years away.

33 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

Interesting, and encouraging. But will all embassies be willing to do this, considering how busy they are already?

The embassies will of course do whatever the government tells them to do, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in charge here and they're already involved in the 'return to Thailand' process through the embassies.

At some point I would expect the MFA involvement will be diluted and perhaps removed with the embassies handling the workload in order to speed things up when 1000's are coming back into Thailand every week.

33 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

But you may be waiting at the front of the line for many months, or a year or two......

I really doubt that very much, only time will tell though so lets wait and see.

I will be surprised if things don't change massively over the next 4 to 8 weeks, especially if what I think is going to happen with the COVID 'epidemic' in Europe

46 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I really doubt that very much, only time will tell though so lets wait and see.

I will be surprised if things don't change massively over the next 4 to 8 weeks, especially if what I think is going to happen with the COVID 'epidemic' in Europe

I agree, existing members are allowed so the natural progression will hopefully be new members. And it looks like it may already be progressing with the idea of stickers being affixed locally at embassies. 

So... what do you think is going to happen. Huge second wave, worse than the first and things getting even worse during the winter? Or is that just me? 

8 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

So... what do you think is going to happen. Huge second wave, worse than the first and things getting even worse during the winter? Or is that just me? 

I don't think anything will happen. It came, it wiped out the vulnerable and now it's going, soon it will be gone either naturally or via vaccination but personally I'm leaning to it naturally burning out.

They expanded the phase 3 vaccine trials to different regions (Brazil and South Africa) because they fear the virus will disappear before it can be tested properly. If we get one good well proven advance in vaccine technology and other advances in testing technology (rapid T cell tests also exist now) out of this then it will have served a purpose.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2