Thailand Seeks Safe Way of Reopening Borders to Boost Economy

webfact

18 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Because experience proved, in many countries, that we can't trust citizen to respect the confinement in their own home...

Well maybe these entrusting authorities can have cheap government run residences where people can isolate safely. Prisons ????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lkv said:

The small proportion that is indeed mentally deranged to go for something like this, won't have the money for this fantastic offer, so I estimate zero arrivals.

In addition to a quarantine package is the cost and availability of international flights.

If only business class is available to Farangs then a return ticket could be around 200k baht for Europeans or Americans.

Edited by joecoolfrog

I think they don't understand the tourist are not free birds. They have jobs to go back. Do they think they have 6 months holiday? Why should a tourist come to Thailand and spend 14 days of their holidays in a room in a hotel and pay at least 40 000 Bhat. I guess then come out of the hotel and go straight to airport to go back home

On 8/24/2020 at 2:28 PM, Bangkocker said:

Hahahah"

Sweden becomes an example of how not to handle COVID-19

Updated on: July 17, 2020 / 12:07 PM / CBS News

But the death toll from Sweden's outbreak is now the fifth-worst in the world, per capita. The country's mortality rate from the coronavirus is now 30% higher than that of the United States when adjusted for population size.

They are basically equal with the US on that meaningless statistic you mentioned as are about 10 other countries.  Well within the margin of error which makes sense because all it is showing is percentage that die which should be very similar in 1st world countries. But they are far far below on number of cases per 1 Mil which is a much more meaningful statistic you conveniently ignored.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by shdmn

On 8/24/2020 at 5:13 PM, Jumbo1968 said:
On 8/24/2020 at 5:04 PM, Bangkocker said:

Well unless we have a vaccine soon it will come down to 'survival of the fittest'. Anyone willing to take the risk? And if you read about the Swedish model - It's been a total disaster.

I think more chance of being injured/killed in a road accident in Thailand and there is no vaccine for that.

Well, there kind of is.... 

Don’t ride a motorcycle, don’t drive at night outside of the city. Don’t ride a motorcycle at night anywhere. 

Always wear a helmet. don’t drive / ride drunk. Drive / ride defensively.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:44 PM, cheapcanuck said:

As long as you have a 14 day quarantine the tourists will stay away.

Open the country when it is safe to do so. The 4th quarter of 2020 is not that safe time to be opening the country. 

I wonder how safe the 4th quarter of 2021 will be when people are hungry and desperate.....

I think I’ll feel a lot less safe walking down Pattaya beach road with my gold chain, rolex watch and 25k (baht) in my back pocket...  

On 8/26/2020 at 12:00 PM, shdmn said:

But they are far far below on number of cases per 1 Mil which is a much more meaningful statistic you conveniently ignored.

They are also far below on tests per million people.

If they had the same rate of tests as the US, they would have had more cases per million  as the US.

image.png.243cf4927dba3cd59e83cd46e284d7ec.png

image.png.5a4848d4823d2b7c9f1ab80d5de55578.png

I know you like defending Sweden, I have said for many months already, that they are doing the worst job in Europe, and soon probably the world, but only thing blind people want to see is that they didn't have lockdowns

Edited by Susco

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2020 at 11:22 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder how safe the 4th quarter of 2021 will be when people are hungry and desperate.....

I think I’ll feel a lot less safe walking down Pattaya beach road with my gold chain, rolex watch and 25k (baht) in my back pocket...  

Well , don't wear Rolex,don't wear gold chain,don't carry 25K in your back pocket like an American pimp, then problem solved and you are safe.

• Like 1