US man's house in Phetchabun under investigation in land encroachment inquiry

webfact

US man's house in Phetchabun under investigation in land encroachment inquiry

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Officers from the Internal Security Operations Command visited a house allegedly built on state land in the scenic area of Khao Khor in Phetchabun province in north east Thailand. 

A sign at the entrance to the 16 rai property indicated the owner as being a Khun Paul B. (name withheld) who is an American national. 

The visit was part of investigations into the activities of a woman in the civil service with the rank of director who was named only as "D".

She is alleged to have bought the land from a forestry official who is in a senior position in the lower north who was named only as "P". 

On the land was a holiday home, an earth house and a building for keeping tools and construction equipment.

Paul and and a Thai man called Panya said they were owners. They had purchased the land for 960,000 baht. 

They showed the investigators documents related to the purchase and then took the officers on a tour of ten points at the property.

It is claimed that losses to the state are over one million baht.

This latest investigation is part of wider dealings by the mysterious director called Ms. Dor-dek or D. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-24

Sounds to me that it´s just to let the man stay, or find Ms. Dor-Dek and make her pay up the money plus possible costs and raise of sale value.

The problem, though. That is how the US man can claim ownership.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Sounds to me that it´s just to let the man stay, or find Ms. Dor-Dek and make her pay up the money plus possible costs and raise of sale value.

The problem, though. That is how the US man can claim ownership.

why, if it was obtained illegally? One law for everyone. If they have the right legal documents they should stay, if not they should be evicted.  If the man is a duel citizen then he can own land directly.  I would have thought that was obvious. His name implies that he is indeed dual nationality. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

No it doesn't.

okay. They would normally use the prefix 'Mr' in a report of this kind for a full, westerner, not 'Khun', which may denote Thai mixed.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, AbeNormal said:

but the right legal documents may not be legal

if this land belongs to the state as claimed then this is a simply a scam 

follow the money .................... case solved 

if the documents are illegal then they are illegal, therefore  not legal?  If the documents are legal then the transaction is legal therefore not a scam? Isn't that obvious? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

why, if it was obtained illegally? One law for everyone. If they have the right legal documents they should stay, if not they should be evicted.  If the man is a duel citizen then he can own land directly.  I would have thought that was obvious. His name implies that he is indeed dual nationality. 

Obtained legally? That´s impossible if it´s classified as forest land. What has been done here is falsifying document somewhere. That´s a given.

Regarding his possible dual nationality, I do not have a clue. The news state it´s about a US man. That´s what I am basing my post on. That you base your on assumptions is not my problem.

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

His name implies that he is indeed dual nationality.

???????????? Really? His name implies? Where?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the owner as being a Khun Paul B. (name withheld) who is an American national.

Where does it imply that Khun Paul B. has Thai last name or that he has dual nationality? You are clearly dreaming!

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Paul and and a Thai man called Panya said they were owners. They had purchased the land for 960,000 baht. 

Maybe you just forgot that they are talking about one american and one Thai person. Can be complicated sometimes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

???????????? Really? His name implies? Where?

Where does it imply that Khun Paul B. has Thai last name or that he has dual nationality? You are clearly dreaming!

Maybe you just forgot that they are talking about one american and one Thai person. Can be complicated sometimes. 

why do you have to use insults and sarcasm (poor sarcasm at that) on every post you ever make, instead of making a reasoned point?  You do it constantly and its boring,  It shows a lack of something, now what could that be I wonder ...........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

why do you have to use insults and sarcasm (poor sarcasm at that) on every post you ever make, instead of making a reasoned point?  You do it constantly and its boring,  It shows a lack of something, now what could that be I wonder ...........

Not have to wonder my dear fellow member. I have a total lack of sympathy for people that can not admit they are wrong instead of making an irrelevant reply.

It´s a lot more that is lacking, but that is irrelevant to this reply, so I wisely chose to not include it.

How was it now? Show me where his US mans name implies that he has dual nationality, or are you going to overlook that?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I know the man, and he is not a dual citizen. He is a citizen of another country.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The visit was part of investigations into the activities of a woman in the civil service with the rank of director who was named only as "D".

She is alleged to have bought the land from a forestry official who is in a senior position in the lower north who was named only as "P".

Sounds like the poor fella has been scammed, buying land that technically cannot be sold.

Obviously the ownership/documents land title deeds or whatever are not valid.

The two "officials" need to be investigated for their part in the sale, but the guy I think has just lost the lot!

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This is state land,it cannot be sold legally,I know

some people who have bought land the same way,

built houses on it,not a sensible thing to do,you will

loose everything you have put into it,and could be

charged with land encroachment.

regards Worgeordie

16 rai in Khao Kho for 960,000? You have to be kidding, it would not buy you 0.5 rai if it was chanote.

• Like 1

Give him his money back.

Someone from the government is at fault-look at the names in the documents.

It’s possible the other Thai owner was in on it, and may kickback the investigators.

The Thai man should have been able to read the documentation, and they both should have gone to the government offices with the seller.

As usual, it all sounds pretty sketchy 

Edited by Redline
  • Thanks 2

Stupid does s as stupid is.

If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is. I

Paul, give me 960,000 baht, and we can buy 16 rai of land. OK Panya, here you go mate. It's all legit, right? Of course Paul. You can even have your name on a board outside the property....

This land, whether or not the US guy 'owns' it, appears to be state land and appears to have been sold illegally. As such, I would expect him and his Thai mate, whose name probably appears on the documents to lose the lot. 

A clue would have been the extremely low price for 16 rai anywhere in this country.

9 hours ago, american2 said:

On a legitimate sale of property, the property must be surveyed and survey documents compared to previous survey.  Must be a scam./bribe at the Tessaban.

You do not know what you are talking about. Your system does not apply in Thailand.

• Haha 1