Certified Copy of British Passport - Sent to Australian embassy

JonnyF

I have an appointment to get a certified copy of my British passport which I booked online at the British Embassy online.

The weird thing is that on the confirmation email the address they give me is the Australian Embassy on Wireless Road to do this. Is that right? Are they sharing a premises now or something? I tried calling them to confirm but even when I select the "emergency" number (which I feel bad doing as this isn't really an emergency) I am left on hold for 15 minutes and give up.

I thought the British Embassy was in Sathorn. Why am I being sent to the Australian embassy to get this done? Any ideas? 

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I thought the British Embassy was in Sathorn. Why am I being sent to the Australian embassy to get this done? Any ideas? 

This may help, copy and pasted from this link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

Announcement

From 1st July until further notice, we will be providing notarial services from a temporary office in Bangkok. If you make an appointment with us for a notarial or documentary service, we will confirm where you need to go when you reserve your appointment. Please do not attend AIA Sathorn for your appointment.

During this time, we will be unable to accept cash payments. You can pay for your required service before your appointment via the link provided in the application pack or with a valid credit/debit card during your appointment.

If you have had a fever, a cough, difficulty breathing, or any other symptoms of flu in the last 14 days you will be denied entry and asked to reschedule your appointment.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I tried calling them to confirm but even when I select the "emergency" number (which I feel bad doing as this isn't really an emergency) I am left on hold for 15 minutes and give up.

Try calling again (and selecting the correct department), I just got through to a human in Consular Services in 32 seconds.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:
21 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Try calling again (and selecting the correct department), I just got through to a human in Consular Services in 32 seconds.

Wow you're awesome. My hero. 

Well. I'm pretty good but I wouldn't put it quite like that.   I am able to make a phone call efficiently, however, without claiming that it was ringing out for 15 minutes before I gave up.   

I also got the answer to your question but, in view of your odd attitude to my comment, I'll leave it for you to find out for yourself.

By the way, as there isn't an "emergency number" option on the British Embassy's business hours automated system and the only publicly available contact number is 02 305 8333, it's probable that you were calling out of their published business hours.  Or making something up.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting that the British Foreign Office sold their beautiful old "National Trust Property " land for a one off gain when the land was bequethed to them in the first place by Rama 5 (I think), to Central who had so much pull with the powers that be that they were allowed to demolish it & build another b,,,,,y

shopping centre for greed.

Now the Empire finds itself paying rent to the Colonialists.

Oh, how the mighty have made themselves look stupid

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2020 at 2:15 PM, natway09 said:

Interesting that the British Foreign Office sold their beautiful old "National Trust Property " land for a one off gain when the land was bequethed to them in the first place by Rama 5 (I think), to Central who had so much pull with the powers that be that they were allowed to demolish it & build another b,,,,,y

I didn’t think Britain had much of an Empire these days I thought they gave it away along with an invitation to come and live in their country.

Just for the record Australia ceased to be a Colony many years ago, or to be correct several colonies.

On 8/30/2020 at 2:15 PM, natway09 said:

image.png.d2228b7fe6d62a6eb25adf228f4343cb.png

On 8/24/2020 at 9:15 AM, JonnyF said:

I am left on hold for 15 minutes and give up.

Whenever I'm left on what appears to be a long hold, I just put the phone on speaker, lay it down on the table and read a book or watch a film while waiting for an answer.   No reason  to  hold the phone and listen to  ringing in my ear.   I get that enough as it is.    ????