Thais hope 2 million foreign tourists will visit from year end to March, despite all the restrictions

webfact

On 8/24/2020 at 8:06 AM, Tropicalevo said:

There are people who will be happy to do this.

They have a house here and usually come for a minimum of three months. Sometimes six months.

In the village where I live I know of 6, possibly 8 that would jump at the chance.

Just 1,999,992 to go

I am not included I have two apartments i  could go already to Thailand last month. Embassy toll the last chance to go because no more repatriation flight or maybe in xxxx

Don't want to go even and don't want to go later under this conditions

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cracker1 said:

I am keen to return to Thailand as soon as flights are permitted to land but the main thing preventing me then will be the requirement to buy insurance that covers the Covid disease. I have been unable to find any insurance cover for this and suggest that the Thai Government will need to find a supplier and sell me the policy for the Covid Cover on arrival.

Also quoted below :

The tourism and sports ministry are working with the foreign, interior, transport and health ministries on the plan. 

May I suggest that the tourism and sports ministry work with the Immigration Ministry also.

There is no ''immigration Ministry''in Thailand

the immigration is a branch of the Royal Thai Police

and the police is under the control of the interior ministry

I doubt anyone will read my response   but here it goes anyway.

A tourist comes to one of these Quarentine Hotel/Resorts.  Confined to the hotel and perhaps the grounds,  Perhaps the local surrounding village.  During the Quarentine stay the guest can come in contact with Staff and Local Vendors.  Also during the Quarentine stay the guest comes into contact with guests who arrived previous  and guests that came later.  During that time if the guest transmits the virus to a previous guest and the previous guest completes the quarentine period and tests negative (but has been infected and not showing virus during testing).  That guest would move on and unknowingly start infecting people that the guest comes into contact with.  The same continues with the guest who at the end of the quarentine period come into  contact with a newly quarentined tourist and contracts the virus passes the final covid test and proceeds on to vacationing in Thailand  unknowingly transmitting the virus he acquired in the last stage of quarentine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, american2 said:

I doubt anyone will read my response   but here it goes anyway.

A tourist comes to one of these Quarentine Hotel/Resorts.  Confined to the hotel and perhaps the grounds,  Perhaps the local surrounding village.  During the Quarentine stay the guest can come in contact with Staff and Local Vendors.  Also during the Quarentine stay the guest comes into contact with guests who arrived previous  and guests that came later.  During that time if the guest transmits the virus to a previous guest and the previous guest completes the quarentine period and tests negative (but has been infected and not showing virus during testing).  That guest would move on and unknowingly start infecting people that the guest comes into contact with.  The same continues with the guest who at the end of the quarentine period come into  contact with a newly quarentined tourist and contracts the virus passes the final covid test and proceeds on to vacationing in Thailand  unknowingly transmitting the virus he acquired in the last stage of quarentine.

10 hours ago, dallen52 said:

No it has to be health insurance to get a CoE.

Or that's the current situation. 

Changes every time a cabinet minister wants to big note himself. 

What's the difference between a health insurance policy mentioned above and a travel insurance policy covering medical for several million dollars or pounds? Surely the latter is better? 

Edited by leicesterguyuk

On 8/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, keith101 said:

You'll be lucky to get people in the thousands but more like hundreds if they have to quarantine for 14 days and pay for it .

There wont be tourists, only stranded outside foreigners whom must be back for personal biz or family reasons

On 8/24/2020 at 12:18 PM, webfact said:

Once at the island of their choice they must stay in their quarantine hotel for 14 days, stay on the island and be subjected to further Covid-19 tests.

Forgot to mention other things 'tourists' will be subjected to i.e. scams, rip-offs, second-rate service etc. did you?

Anyway, now that pesky, dirty and disease-ridden foreigners are out of your country - which is what you all wanted - what's the desperation in getting them back in? You lot have the whole place to yourselves now. Go ahead and enjoy it. It's yours!

• Like 1

I think many posting on this topic are missing one point.  Thai authorities do not care at all for the moment about tourists from UK, the EU, North America or Australia.  For now, and the foreseeable future, starting up tourism again means only one thing -- getting tourists from China.  If they can make it through the next high season with only tourists from China escaping the Chinese winter, they will be happy.  And maybe Chinese escaping their winter will not be so put off by spending two weeks entirely at a all-inclusive resort with a beach and pool. 

And if Thailand makes it through one high season with only Chinese tourists, you can bet Thai tourism will undergo a seismic shift in emphasis for the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTXR said:

I think many posting on this topic are missing one point.  Thai authorities do not care at all for the moment about tourists from UK, the EU, North America or Australia.  For now, and the foreseeable future, starting up tourism again means only one thing -- getting tourists from China.  If they can make it through the next high season with only tourists from China escaping the Chinese winter, they will be happy.  And maybe Chinese escaping their winter will not be so put off by spending two weeks entirely at a all-inclusive resort with a beach and pool. 

And if Thailand makes it through one high season with only Chinese tourists, you can bet Thai tourism will undergo a seismic shift in emphasis for the future.

I agree in part with your comment but the seismec shift had already started towards to Chinese it will just be restarted/branded 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTXR said:

But the Chinese generally don't go for a long stay holiday. They go for 2 weeks or less and often in tour groups. So I doubt many will be signing up for 2 weeks in quarantine. Chinese tourists want to see and do as much as possible. 

It's the Europeans and Americans that travel for several months during our cold winter months. And if we're jumping through all these testing and quarantine hoops, it shouldn't matter where the visitor comes from. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

But the Chinese generally don't go for a long stay holiday. They go for 2 weeks or less and often in tour groups. So I doubt many will be signing up for 2 weeks in quarantine. Chinese tourists want to see and do as much as possible.

Considering the insane number of chinese

i wouldn't be surprised if the Thais can find

enough of them ready to comply with the ridiculous rules

Edited by kingofthemountain

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Considering the insane number of chinese

i wouldn't be surprised if the Thais can find

enough of them ready to comply with the ridiculous rules

Not many other places they can go at the moment I suppose. And it's a lot closer than a 2 weeks Caribbean all inclusive resort.