Hua Hin and Cha-Am beat Pattaya and Jomtien for most popular with domestic tourists

webfact

Hua Hin and Cha-Am beat Pattaya and Jomtien for most popular with domestic tourists

10pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that online hotel booking platform Booking.com had announced data for Thai tourists visiting beaches. 

They announced a top ten list of clicks and Hua Hin was the champion. 

Chonburi had six of the top ten but the best was Central Pattaya that lagged behind in third. 

The platform said it was no surprise that Hua Hin was top as the choice was excellent and suited many tastes and price ranges. 

Michael Gao said it was good to see Thais travelling to their beaches again after long months of isolation at home during lockdown.

10pm2.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath also noted that many Thais were opting for "Staycation" style packages meaning they would holiday in hotels near home so as not to spend much money on travel.

The top ten for July clicks for Thai beaches were as follows:

1 Hua Hin

2 Cha-Am

3 Central Pattaya

4 Jomtien Beach

5 Bang Saen 

6 North Pattaya

7 Jomtien

8 Khanom (Nakhon Sri Thammarat)

9 South Pattaya

10 Koh Samet

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-24

I know friends wanted to book a Hotel in Hua Hin but everything was full on a weekend so they ended up in Cha-Am Condo but didn't like it much.
What about Pattaya are they getting there fair share of Domestic Tourists?

Know my wife's family and friends don't like Pattaya much even Bang Saen and even Rayong would be more popular with them.
P.s the survey is for clicks not bookings how many booking in each would be far more revealing.

Edited by DirtyHarry55

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

Nobody comes to Jomtien. It's always too crowded (tip of the hat to Yogi Berra)

Hard to understand what you say.

Jomtien is quite busy most weekends,i was there yesterday.

There is plenty of room for everybody,or further along..Dongtan beach is quieter.. And nicer..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2020 at 4:08 PM, murraynz said:

Hard to understand what you say.

Jomtien is quite busy most weekends,i was there yesterday.

There is plenty of room for everybody,or further along..Dongtan beach is quieter.. And nicer..

It's an attempt at humor, a self contradiction: "Nobody comes to Jomtien. It's always too crowded (tip of the hat to Yogi Berra)"

If nobody comes, how could it always be crowded? Lots of tourists in Jomtien, as far as I've seen aka crowded.

On 8/24/2020 at 5:19 AM, mrfill said:

Easily done - just call Pattaya 3 separate places and split Jomtien into 2, then the mighty undivided Hua Hin can top the chart.

Pattaya does have a distinct characteristic in each of its districts. The hotels are certainly different. The Hua Hin strip has a beach which  allows large numbers of visitors, even in  high season to be spread out over one of the longest accessible beach coastlines in Thailand. The Pattaya districts do not offer the same expansive beach such that  fewer people  packed into the small area  can give the impression that it is very busy, when there are actually fewer people than  at Hua Hin.

On 8/24/2020 at 4:19 PM, mrfill said:

Easily done - just call Pattaya 3 separate places and split Jomtien into 2, then the mighty undivided Hua Hin can top the chart.

Yes but Technically they are not the same I mean where does Pattaya technically end Na Jomtien Bang Sarray?

Theye're just joined together like Nongprue is also not Pattaya either.

On 8/24/2020 at 1:05 PM, DirtyHarry55 said:

I know friends wanted to book a Hotel in Hua Hin but everything was full on a weekend so they ended up in Cha-Am Condo but didn't like it much.
What about Pattaya are they getting there fair share of Domestic Tourists?

Know my wife's family and friends don't like Pattaya much even Bang Saen and even Rayong would be more popular with them.
P.s the survey is for clicks not bookings how many booking in each would be far more revealing.

I would agree with your comments on Pattaya, not held in particularly high regard by locals. When I first got married in 2008 my wife's family thought Pattaya was sin city and only frequented by low life, took quite a while to convince them it was not that bad. Now about once a month we go from Chonburi to have a buffet breakfast and visit the market, I skip the market and sit in the Greenery bar.