trying to get married

steve2112

i already went to the US embassy and got a https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2020-marriage-affidavit-bangkok.pdf

signed and stamped already.

so i went to the amphur and that wasn't enough of course. so i guess i need that translating and 'legalizing' by the ministry of foreign affairs.

so i have my GF call the ministry of foreign affairs and they said i need 2 things translating and certifying but not sure what the second is.

any ideas?

thx

Take your Passport and Affirmation of Freedom to Marry to Chaengwattana Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 

There you will find ‘translation services’ - they will translate your required documents (it may take an hour or two). 

The then have those Translations (of Passport and Affirmation of Freedom to Marry) verified and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 

Alternatively - if you wish to avoid the journey and the wait, there are are services in the centre of town (Ploernchit - Mahatun Plaza (nr Soi Ruam Rudee)) which will do all the translation and affirmation services for you (they still have to go to the MFA, but it saves you doing it - they will take 3-5 days). 

• Like 1

My friend just went through this procedure last week. here in KK. He had all his translated docs but never went to the MFA and needed his Passport translated.

The lady at the Amphor said you need to go to BKK or use the service to have all your docs certified which cost 2900B.