LIFE CERTIFICATES RE UK STATE PENSIONS

I have the telephone address of DWP but want an email address re Life certificates on state pension.
Had one 2016 and 2018 and I know they are random but some have never received one .
Thanks for any help and believe 16 weeks is the limit and did have an email back back o 2016 everything received but can not find an email address.
Has anyone received on for this year and wondering about the panademic  but have received two in the last 4 years and others none. How do they pick them out and I know in random and how is this done by lucky dip!!!

Edited by jwest10
more information
32 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

How do they pick them out...

Why would the DWP make their procedures for uncovering fraudulent or non-entitled claims public knowledge?  That wouldn't make any sense!   

If you haven't received one, they don't want one from you.  If you're concerned that yours may have gone astray, call them and ask them.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Confused 2

OK OP 1 unhelpful reply already, I have had my pension stopped twice,  to telephone them as you say they say there random.

A lot of help that is after telling them such a document should be sent recorded delivery at least there reply they are sent as random. 

They are nice people but the same as robots. 

I telephoned them 2 weeks ago because my pension was late and thought " hello " life form not received again. 

They told my pension had been sent and a another life form has been sent I still have not received it. 

I'm sending them a life form now because I have copies with a cover letter of complaint of why etc etc. 

I guess letter will be ignored for all the good the letter will do but ya never know. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

OK OP 1 unhelpful reply already, I have had my pension stopped twice,  to telephone them as you say they say there random.

A lot of help that is after telling them such a document should be sent recorded delivery at least there reply they are sent as random. 

They are nice people but the same as robots. 

I telephoned them 2 weeks ago because my pension was late and thought " hello " life form not received again. 

They told my pension had been sent and a another life form has been sent I still have not received it. 

I'm sending them a life form now because I have copies with a cover letter of complaint of why etc etc. 

I guess letter will be ignored for all the good the letter will do but ya never know. 

Kwasaki 

Many thanks very much for your help and experience unlike the first one.
Yes, surprised that they still sent ones out in this pandemic year 2020 and I did notice an email address and do not possess a mobile or home telephone but my family does.
I have also used the email that I had and used and tested it and stated the email will be forwarded on as soon the GSI will soon be phrased out effective 28th March 2019!!!
Yes used [email protected]  and also [email protected] and got same message.
Then tried the new one they gave me on email [email protected] and stated this is an auto reply but we will forward the contents on and yes same message.
See if I get a reply and I know even if I could telephone one is likely to be transferred to many departments.
and do not undderstand why it appears so many do not even receive one form!!!

Try this one. I've never used so it might be out of date, but you don't know 'til you try:

tvp.internationalqueries@dwp.gsi.gov.uk

Have you considered that the IPC might be using their noddle and not sending out life certificates whilst the flight bans are in place? Surely they must be aware of the difficulties with international mail.

I would stop worrying about it until a payment gets missed. Then act.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Kwasaki 

Many thanks very much for your help and experience unlike the first one.
Yes, surprised that they still sent ones out in this pandemic year 2020 and I did notice an email address and do not possess a mobile or home telephone but my family does.
I have also used the email that I had and used and tested it and stated the email will be forwarded on as soon the GSI will soon be phrased out effective 28th March 2019!!!
Yes used [email protected]  and also [email protected] and got same message.
Then tried the new one they gave me on email [email protected] and stated this is an auto reply but we will forward the contents on and yes same message.
See if I get a reply and I know even if I could telephone one is likely to be transferred to many departments.
and do not undderstand why it appears so many do not even receive one form!!!

I'm out with my mobile so will get back to you later. 

Just one question do you telephone IPC. DWP is for people living in UK 

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm out with my mobile so will get back to you later. 

Just one question do you telephone IPC. DWP is for people living in UK 

Kwasaki
I googled it and yes both the dwp in both email addresses stating for International callers but this is a computer generated email and do not reply to it but we will forward your message on if you used the right one and no need to send another email but you can not make it up effective 28th March 2019.
The same organisation that freezes our meagre pension.

1 minute ago, jwest10 said:

Kwasaki
I googled it and yes both the dwp in both email addresses stating for International callers but this is a computer generated email and do not reply to it but we will forward your message on if you used the right one and no need to send another email but you can not make it up effective 28th March 2019.
The same organisation that freezes our meagre pension.

Yeah OK ain't got my glasses for mobile so as ssendd  will? Try helping later.. 

23 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Try this one. I've never used so it might be out of date, but you don't know 'til you try:

tvp.internationalqueries@dwp.gsi.gov.uk

Have you considered that the IPC might be using their noddle and not sending out life certificates whilst the flight bans are in place? Surely they must be aware of the difficulties with international mail.

I would stop worrying about it until a payment gets missed. Then act.

Thank you too Moonlover did try this also and it is stating that the gsi one was going to be rephrased out in March 2019!!! 

10 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Thank you too Moonlover did try this also and it is stating that the gsi one was going to be rephrased out in March 2019!!! 

You're welcome. I will point out that outward mail from the UK seems to be fairly normal. I've had all my pension statements and P60s for the year and a couple of newsletters, so I wouldn't get too concerned right now.

I have 3 pensions, but I've not had a life certificate for around 2 years now, but the money keeps rolling in. ????

I'll get concerned when it doesn't!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

You're welcome. I will point out that outward mail from the UK seems to be fairly normal. I've had all my pension statements and P60s for the year and a couple of newsletters, so I wouldn't get too concerned right now.

I have 3 pensions, but I've not had a life certificate for around 2 years now, but the money keeps rolling in. ????

I'll get concerned when it doesn't!

Moonlover
Yes I had one in 2016 and 2018 someone else' turn or worry about it later and even if I could telephone have read peoples accounts being passed to so many departments.
LOL I don't know about rolling in but pleased  yours does and my hope for everyone as well.
Thanks all and in advance too.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jwest10 said:

Appreciate your help and  always so much hassle thes Government departments and make it so difficult

The only way I can help is how and what I do.

Here is how I contact them.

https://www.gov.uk/international-pension-centre

I also phone them on this number +44 (0) 191 218 7777.

They will call you back if you ask them and I always do.

If you need more help ask me.

Best of luck no worries.

Edited by Kwasaki
19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Unhelpful?  Kwaski, the OP asked only one question, "How do they pick them out".  I answered it, factually.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

Unhelpful?  Kwaski, the OP asked only one question, "How do they pick them out".  I answered it, factually.

Fair call you're correct but he needed help, it's no fun when your pension gets stopped.

The IPC are saying they have sent a life form but don't is how I see the facts. 

3 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

Oh no you didn't! Your previous post omitted the key fact that the IPC determine who is to be hassled with life certificates solely on the basis of the route numbers of busses which happen to be passing their offices at the time. ????

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

The IPC are saying they have sent a life form but don't is how I see the facts. 

However, if they were to match their words by actually sending a life form, then I would personally consider that deplorable in current circumstances. According to the link which you previously quoted in this thread (https://www.gov.uk/international-pension-centre), it is taking them longer than usual to reply to online queries because of coronavirus (COVID-19). How they could therefore possibly still give the very highest of tip-top priorities to badgering us with Life Certificates at the present time would sound truly astounding to my ears!

Edited by OJAS
17 minutes ago, OJAS said:

How they could therefore possibly still give the very highest of tip-top priorities to badgering us with Life Certificates at the present time would sound truly astounding to my ears!

Well because of C19 that's why they are doing it as I see. 

Only returned a life form last year. 

I'm happy to send them a life form if they want one but twice they have stopped my pension because I never received it, I received the second one they sent me after telephoning them,  and over the phone they are so nice but after giving all my ID they still said if we do do receive this 2nd form we have sent you back, we will stop your pension again. 

Nice human robot people they are. 

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well because of C19 that's why they are doing it as I see. 

Only returned a life form last year. 

I'm happy to send them a life form if they want one but twice they have stopped my pension because I never received it, I received the second one they sent me after telephoning them,  and over the phone they are so nice but after giving all my ID they still said if we do do receive this 2nd form we have sent you back, we will stop your pension again. 

Nice human robot people they are. 

I can understand the reasoning behind sending these out, but I don't understand their reasoning in using snail mail, via a third party postal service in the Netherlands.

If they don't trust secure emails, similer to those used by HMRC, Civil Service Pensions and many major banks, maybe they could consider a "belt and braces" approach whereby requests are sent via email as well as by their low cost postal service, with maybe pensioners being allowed to respond by both methods.
Last year after a similar thread, I called them asking if they'd sent one to me as I was aware a few others had been sent them, they confirmed they had done so, as I hadn't received one they emailed me a form and confirmed I could scan and return via email - so it can be done.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I can understand the reasoning behind sending these out, but I don't understand their reasoning in using snail mail, via a third party postal service in the Netherlands.

If they don't trust secure emails, similer to those used by HMRC, Civil Service Pensions and many major banks, maybe they could consider a "belt and braces" approach whereby requests are sent via email as well as by their low cost postal service, with maybe pensioners being allowed to respond by both methods.
Last year after a similar thread, I called them asking if they'd sent one to me as I was aware a few others had been sent them, they confirmed they had done so, as I hadn't received one they emailed me a form and confirmed I could scan and return via email - so it can be done.

Agree with what you say except they confirming your return via email.

For me they haven't done anything about it and just say life forms are sent out at random.

Twice now I have not received them, I have only received the second ones.

I know they were second sent ones because of date on the cover letter was a day after my telephone call and I feel I should add I am always polite. 

I believe they won't consider any other way, they sent me an emailed life form too, after my comment " What if I don't receive the other life form you say you've sent " .

I copied it and got the life form printed off.

They said they wanted the hard copy posted back within 16 week period or they will withhold my pension again.

Well, it would appear that, despite COVID-19 and all that, the IPC are, in fact, determined to pursue their biennial Life Certificate exercise with us at all costs! Below is the text of an email I have just received from them in response to an online enquiry:-

A Life Certificate was issued to you on 3/8/20. I have attached a copy for you to complete and return.

Due to lockdown restrictions because of COVID-19, we understand the forms are very difficult to have witnessed and returned.

We can clear this Life Certificate over the telephone for you, subject to you answering some security questions

If you call our office on 0044 1912187777 (option 1) between the hours of 09:30-15:30 UK time, Monday – Friday, we will endeavour to assist you with this.

Needless to say, I have yet to receive in the post the Life Certificate which was issued on 3 August. However I have now successfully “cleared” it with them (after only having to hang on 5 minutes for someone to answer my call, incidentally). Although I was assured that my State Pension would not now be stopped after the 16-week deadline had expired, I was nevertheless asked to provide a suitably-witnessed Life Certificate in due course for the record.

It might therefore be generally advisable to contact the IPC to to establish whether a fresh Life Certificate is en route, and, if so, to get it “cleared” to boot. I have uploaded the attachments which the IPC sent to me.

ipc698.pdf cfn701b.pdf

5 minutes ago, fangless said:

Are these forms only sent to pensioners who have an overseas address or are the sent randomly to all pensioners both UK and overseas based?

Both.

A friend, living in Thailand (unbeknown to DWP), had one sent to his UK correspondence address. 

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Agree with what you say except they confirming your return via email.

That was certainly my experience last year, I suppose it depends on who you get on the other end, they may well have been wrong in accepting a form by email but they did, and there were no repercussions.

23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

For me they haven't done anything about it and just say life forms are sent out at random.

Although the IPC will never admit it officially, of course, I have come to the conclusion that they have established rolling biennial geographical cycles for Life Certificates – meaning that, in the case of us State Pensioners in Thailand, we find ourselves under the IPC Life Certificate spotlight between August and November in each even-numbered year.

For example, the previous exercise 2 years ago was, in my case, initiated by the IPC on 5 August 2018. And, as I have already said, the IPC sent me a further certificate for witnessing purposes on 3 August 2020.

Furthermore, my recollection of the 2018 exercise is that virtually every Brit State Pensioner who posted on here ended up getting targeted – including a few who had previously been proudly proclaiming that they had never hitherto been asked for a witnessed Life Certificate, and who, in the event, were subsequently forced to eat their words!