Best deal for BMW S1000 RR 2020

I doubt you will find a good deal for that model. It's relatively new (in Thailand) and more expensive than other countries. Dealers in Thailand are not known to offer good deals. The only place to get good deals now is second hand I don't think you will find this one second hand anytime soon.  To give you an idea of how eager they are to put out a great deal consider that they are posting the bike on a second hand bike platform for 20k OVER LIST PRICE ????https://www.kaidee.com/product-357695173

Also <deleted> they swapped out the Motorsport color variant for grey? BMW pulling a Honda by advertising the nicest tricolor option all over the page and then giving you... grey. LOL.

17 hours ago, Agusts said:

May I ask what are you going to do with a bike like that, are you going to a race track, or ride it to Chatuchak market...!? Or is it like an art or wine collector, put it in front of the house and admire the beauty... ????

The S1000RR is an excellent street bike and a very capable tourer. Also a great track bike. I wouldn't consider it a poor choice for a keen motorcyclist living in Thailand. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Agusts said:

May I ask what are you going to do with a bike like that, are you going to a race track, or ride it to Chatuchak market...!? Or is it like an art or wine collector, put it in front of the house and admire the beauty... ????

I take it you don't ride.

On 8/25/2020 at 5:19 PM, eisfeld said:

Also <deleted> they swapped out the Motorsport color variant for grey? BMW pulling a Honda by advertising the nicest tricolor option all over the page and then giving you... grey. LOL.

Strangely enough, I prefer the grey over the new tricolor design. The previous tricolors (2016 & 2018) looked fine but the 2020 has a lousy paint design.

I prefer smaller Jap bikes here. Bad roads, bad drivers, finicky servicing etc (and I am >100km from nearest BMW dealer) - a CB650 would do me just fine, any old Somchai can fix it. Plus there's nowhere around here where I could use even half of the bike's potential. Obviously if money simply isn't a concern in your life, then why not? 

You're right, I think the grey looks more understated and cool. Have owned a Tuono and S1000 back in the UK, had ongoing issues with both - my 04 R1 was absolutely bulletproof and the best bike I've ever owned. Not as amazing as the BM but just totally reliable.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 11:01 AM, SteveK said:

a CB650 would do me just fine, any old Somchai can fix it.

I guess you never owned a big bike in Thailand? Most Somchais couldn't even adjust the chain, because they don't have a nut socket big enough for a big bike rear wheel axle, and i'm not even talking about some fancy one sided swing arm. Most small bike repair shops have zero experience with big bikes, they will usually not be able to help.

• Like 2