Pattaya blue book and yellow book for condo owner, where is located office to get it ?

salsajapan

hello,

Can you tell me where is located he office to get a blue book for condo owner and a yellow book to get my name in it. And maybe pink ID card ?

I understand that those things might be useless, but if they are easily done at the same office, I should try.

Do you have a list of documents needed to apply and if they will be done on the spot ?

Thank you so much.

13 hours ago, andygrr said:

Are there any agent that help with the yellow book. Asking for a mate who is single living in Pattaya.

You could get a lawyer to help with MFA translations but it would be more a hand holding exercise as you still need in person visits to City Hall and possibly consulate.

Edited by Peterw42

Got my yellow book and pink ID card couple of years ago now,biggest pain was to go BKK,OZ embassy,get ceritified copy of passport then up to MFA have certified copy translated,plenty of translation services in MFA building,then lodge all paperwork with MFA,pay the fee,you can either wait or pay 60thb and they mail all the required docs to yr address,i didnt wait,received docs in the mail 2 days later.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, I'm a little confused about this process to turn my condo blue book into a yellow book...  

The Aussie that posted just above said that he first had to go to his embassy to obtain a certified copy of his passport???  Can one not just bring the actual passport to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for this Thai translation guarantee??  Is there no way to get this MFA Thai translation guarantee in Pattaya?  If not, this seem highly inconvenient.

Do you really have to drag 2 Thai people with their house documents down there with you "as witnesses" to stand in line if you have everything else?

Seems like a royal headache, but I really want a pink ID card.

9 hours ago, mauisteve said:

So, I'm a little confused about this process to turn my condo blue book into a yellow book...  

The Aussie that posted just above said that he first had to go to his embassy to obtain a certified copy of his passport???  Can one not just bring the actual passport to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for this Thai translation guarantee??  Is there no way to get this MFA Thai translation guarantee in Pattaya?  If not, this seem highly inconvenient.

Do you really have to drag 2 Thai people with their house documents down there with you "as witnesses" to stand in line if you have everything else?

I have done this in CM.  The rules can vary dramatically..even within the same city.  And in my district, there were two sub-districts and one was ready to issue on the spot..but, of course, that wasn't mine, and it took about ten trips to different entities, but I did it.  ID card works outside if province, but there are some holdouts that are dead set on seeing your passport.  I have used it in both Patts and HH.

I never went to my embassy, for that ripoff, but got a certified translation of my passport at CMU for 300 THB.  Give the translator a copy of your chinote, so they can see how your name was translated at the land office (hopefully correctly), as you will want consistency.  And watch them on the middle name...that can come back to bite you..I doubt I am the only one referred to as Mr (middle name).  

A Thai GF will be worth her weight in gold on this deal, but I would pay an agent if it was a few thousand, but no more...and you still might have to do all the foot work.  They will also take info about your parents (dead or alive), and ask about your income...don't incriminate yourself, but don't look indigent..throw them a bone.

9 hours ago, mauisteve said:

Pre-covid, a translator who worked out the Maneerat tour agency on Soi PO could do the translation and send it off to the MFA for you. Last I looked, however, it had closed. There's another a few doors up, The Office or somesuch, with a translator who can handle MFA, but it may also be closed. Perhaps someone knows of another.

However, the copy of the passport must be certified by your Embassy. So you could get the copy then head to the MFA. The MFA itself merely certifies translations. However, there's at least one translator there who can do that. Otherwise, around BKK are some translators who can do the translation, send to MFA, and then mail the certification back to you. Do a search of the forum for offices.

One little gotcha is that the translation of the name from your passport must match the translation on the Chanute. So give your translator a copy of that, too. You might also go to City Hall first, announce your quest, and hand over your Chanute for checking, along with copies of your passport, including the 90-day report, signed. Sometimes the Chanute has a little issue and will need to be amended at the Land Office. Not a big deal, but something else.

Yes, you'll need 2 witnesses who know you. City Hall will ask them some questions about you, so they should have a favorable opinion. This isn't as bad as it seems. Thais often don't mind helping. I asked the wife of farang friend and a maid in the building. Just meet them at City Hall and give them gifts afterwards to show appreciation and it'll be quite pleasant, smiles all around.

I enjoyed the whole process. This was something different. Took a couple days in BKK for fun. Joked around with the ladies in City Hall and gave my number to one. Met the Mayor and his capos. Very personable, the Mayor, and clearly in charge. All were all really nice--to me.

Your own attitude makes a world of difference, and you can turn this into a positive experience. Can't imagine all the whinging that goes on here.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, jomtienisgood said:

Correct, but only valid in issuing Province if I recall correctly

It does say something to that effect on the back of the card, but it works at many hotels, nationwide.  A copy of your passport might be wise to complement it.  Only the worst of the worst BIB would still take you in, with pink card, at a random stop or bar raid....

8 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Pre-covid, a translator who worked out the Maneerat tour agency on Soi PO could do the translation and send it off to the MFA for you. Last I looked, however, it had closed. There's another a few doors up, The Office or somesuch, with a translator who can handle MFA, but it may also be closed. Perhaps someone knows of another.

However, the copy of the passport must be certified by your Embassy. So you could get the copy then head to the MFA. The MFA itself merely certifies translations. However, there's at least one translator there who can do that. Otherwise, around BKK are some translators who can do the translation, send to MFA, and then mail the certification back to you. Do a search of the forum for offices.

One little gotcha is that the translation of the name from your passport must match the translation on the Chanute. So give your translator a copy of that, too. You might also go to City Hall first, announce your quest, and hand over your Chanute for checking, along with copies of your passport, including the 90-day report, signed. Sometimes the Chanute has a little issue and will need to be amended at the Land Office. Not a big deal, but something else.

Yes, you'll need 2 witnesses who know you. City Hall will ask them some questions about you, so they should have a favorable opinion. This isn't as bad as it seems. Thais often don't mind helping. I asked the wife of farang friend and a maid in the building. Just meet them at City Hall and give them gifts afterwards to show appreciation and it'll be quite pleasant, smiles all around.

I enjoyed the whole process. This was something different. Took a couple days in BKK for fun. Joked around with the ladies in City Hall and gave my number to one. Met the Mayor and his capos. Very personable, the Mayor, and clearly in charge. All were all really nice--to me.

Your own attitude makes a world of difference, and you can turn this into a positive experience. Can't imagine all the whinging that goes on here.

Star..but, if you use a certified translator, with a government stamp, could you bypass your embassy?  You stated the out of business translator sent them straight to MFA, were they bypassing the embassy?

5 hours ago, moontang said:

Star..but, if you use a certified translator, with a government stamp, could you bypass your embassy?  You stated the out of business translator sent them straight to MFA, were they bypassing the embassy?

It's be very nice to bypass the embassy of course. But the two translators I consulted as above on Soi PO insisted that I had to get the certified copy. They had no government stamps.

Any translator's stamp alone would be insufficient. The idea is to try to ensure the translation of your name is the same across government agencies. Different translators will translate your name differently. I have at least three different translations of my name on various documents.

So after I got the copy from the Embassy, the translator made the translation (the whole passport, not just the name, which is all the Amphur really needs), and sent the translation with the certified copy and even a copy of the Chanute (showing translation as the same, I guess) to MFA. Took about a week to get it all back w/ the official MFA stamp.

Some Amphurs aren't a strict as Pattaya about the requirements. You get a yellow book and pink card here, you've earned them and you're badass. Whip them out proudly at every opportunity.

• Haha 1

Yeah, it's one of my biggest accomplishments while going through a mine field.  I mentioned the consistency issue above, also.  I just gave the chinote to the translator, but that assumes the land office used an appropriate name translation.  

• Haha 1

This with the Yellow Book is a sad story. Even if I have all documents I still need the witnesses. I think Thailand should invest something in a modern computer system where all have access to the same databases. TM30, 90 day reports, residence certificate, Yellow Book, Tax ID, bank accounts and more - again and again you need to report your address... And if you move to a different address the whole nightmare starts again. 

9 hours ago, moontang said:

It does say something to that effect on the back of the card, but it works at many hotels, nationwide.  A copy of your passport might be wise to complement it.  Only the worst of the worst BIB would still take you in, with pink card, at a random stop or bar raid....

I didn't say I had problems with it. I just said what it says.... 

9 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

I didn't say I had problems with it. I just said what it says.... 

The only places I can think of, where you would have a problem would be the known shakedowns by the rogue cops in Thong Lo, and some parts of Lumpini/Silom.  Stickman has mentioned those shakedowns umpteen times, and also has mentioned there are still many expats in denial about the whole ugly scam.

3 hours ago, moontang said:

Yeah, it's one of my biggest accomplishments while going through a mine field.  I mentioned the consistency issue above, also.  I just gave the chinote to the translator, but that assumes the land office used an appropriate name translation.  

Absolutely agree on the name-translation issue.,    Can turn into a nightmare between Land Office and Umphur.... 

1 hour ago, moontang said:

The only places I can think of, where you would have a problem would be the known shakedowns by the rogue cops in Thong Lo, and some parts of Lumpini/Silom.  Stickman has mentioned those shakedowns umpteen times, and also has mentioned there are still many expats in denial about the whole ugly scam.

I used to live 15 years over there, including Asok. Never ever got checked, neither on ID or WP...

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

This with the Yellow Book is a sad story. Even if I have all documents I still need the witnesses.

Oh, when life gives you lemons make lemonade. Roll with it.

roll.jpg.440ac89a9d60e6cebf5a879675e5a1e7.jpg

7 hours ago, Oldie said:

I think Thailand should invest something in a modern computer system where all have access to the same databases.

They don't owe you anything. Next.

Edited by BigStar