Changes...

transam

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

What an insufferably smug me, me, me post.  There is much more to people and life than how much money one earns.

PH

you obviously don't live in thailand. money is EVERYTHING here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2020 at 10:06 AM, Kwasaki said:

Why would I have to do that when they can see I've already have proof that I've been riding big bikes in Thailand for 15 years.

I've been driving colour blind for 60 years, yet they won't pass me unless I can read the colour chart.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:23 AM, transam said:

it's all happening out there.......

Yeah, right? Out there? Where would you think it would happen?

Factories have been moving around for ages. Nothing new. Here we are in the middle of a pandemic that has lasted for about half year. Only that will make a lot of companies rethink their plans and strategies.

54 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I've been driving colour blind for 60 years, yet they won't pass me unless I can read the colour chart.

I was replying to an off topic reply to my post.

Not sure whether you joke, are your referring to Thailand.

Sorry to hear that if you want a Thai DL.

My son has colour blind problems but can still drive in UK and here with his UK DL.

In Thailand I've seen in our DLT people being helped with the colour chart thing I have no problem with it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, right? Out there? Where would you think it would happen?

Factories have been moving around for ages. Nothing new. Here we are in the middle of a pandemic that has lasted for about half year. Only that will make a lot of companies rethink their plans and strategies.

Yeah, right.....????

6 minutes ago, trucking said:

Wooden elephants. Worlds leading exporter of these. And the world leader in concrete zebras , mostly for domestic use. Not to mention concrete and wooden cocks ( of the feathered variety )

'world leader in concrete zebras , mostly for domestic use'

Is that to scare off Thai ghosts, as after all a zebra is just a horse wearing pyjamas, so is used to night work.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, bluesofa said:

'world leader in concrete zebras , mostly for domestic use'

Is that to scare off Thai ghosts, as after all a zebra is just a horse wearing pyjamas, so is used to night work.

I have never succeeded in finding out what the story behind the Zebras is.

No Thai has ever given me a plausible explanation. There used to be about 400 lining Sanam Bin road in a massive herd before the local authorities took them all away. Some were doll size others full size.

On 8/26/2020 at 5:53 PM, Logosone said:

I totally agree, it would be good news if Peugeot distribute their cars in Thailand more widely, Peugeot make some fantastic cars.

Much better than most Toyota cars. But then pretty much every European car is better than a Toyota.

Many years ago I was stationed in Morocco and was provided a Peugeot 403 to drive around in.  To this day, the seats in that car were the most comfortable I have ever had in an automobile 

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

UK not invent internet. Or Australia. 

But Thailand 

During the last 20 years, Thailand has manufactured 40% of the world’s hard disk drives, and it continues to be 2nd largest exporter of air conditioners and washing machines. Among the other major export products include integrated circuits, broadcasting equipment, telephones, computers and many other kinds of electrical appliances and equipment. Around 70% of all output in this sector is bound for export. There are approximately 400 manufacturers in this sector. 

Link 

https://asianinsiders.com/thailand-manufacturing-trends-2020/

We build high speed train system in Thailand. Make ourself.

Can make submarine sure. But cheap worker in China can do it. 

Thailand successful use cheap labor, from Burma, Laos, Philippine, Cambodia. 

3 million +. They like thailand. Good opportunity.

We not snowflake lefty= no problem. 

So the UK were not involved, as I said before, get your facts right..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

• Like 2

Changes i dread them, Imagine you can only hire a Battery Car from Avis. 8 hour flight here then another 8 hrs driving to do any distance away from swampy. Every charging point in use like the U.S.Hotels,where dopes book in and sleep in till mid day n up you mate. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, polpott said:

Sir Tim Berners Lee (British) used a pre existing American Military network to Create the World Wide Web. (www) now commonly referred to as the internet,

don't miks internet and www,

internet is just one of many substrates that www can be realised on

internet is primarily a transport network whilst www is an application that can be realised

on virtually any network

(internet from mid 70s about - www from very early 90s about)