Thailand named best country to start business for second year running

webfact

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

not full owner of own company + 2 million baht + work permit you have to go out of the country for + 4 lazy dudes + salaries + dead economy

I can own full. Why not?

2 million baht company, not need 2 million baht

i not need work permit. For what? 

i not need leave country. For what?

Not need 4 

must pay salaries. Sure. Same every country 

economy sick, because foreign country not control covid. Stupid

OP not talk about foreigner start company. I think not difficult same. Have 1000s foreign company in Thailand. 

OP say five days. My experience is one day. No problem. So easy. 

Easy Thailand number one in the world. 

Many thing.

You lucky live Thailand. Is wonderful place. Number one!

DC2439C4-DDE8-4A93-9D92-F7FB9FEBE0F0.jpeg

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

“US News & World Report recently released the names of best countries to start a business and Thailand topped the list for a second year running,” he said.

Which doesn't mean diddly.  Wait until next year!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

I can own full. Why not?

2 million baht company, not need 2 million baht

i not need work permit. For what? 

i not need leave country. For what?

Not need 4 

must pay salaries. Sure. Same every country 

economy sick, because foreign country not control covid. Stupid

OP not talk about foreigner start company. I think not difficult same. Have 1000s foreign company in Thailand. 

OP say five days. My experience is one day. No problem. So easy. 

Easy Thailand number one in the world. 

Many thing.

You lucky live Thailand. Is wonderful place. Number one!

DC2439C4-DDE8-4A93-9D92-F7FB9FEBE0F0.jpeg

thailand number 1 same same your english

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, kotsak said:

The US-Thai Amity Treaty gives benefits to US citizens who want to establish business in Thailand.

Does anyone really look into this before saying it.

Lots have the impression they can arrive in Thailand and state    I am from usa so I will start my own business next week, no 51% partner and they? will give me a work permit very quickly. ????????

I would suggest they actually do some reading first and then get advice from lawyers who know the details and requirements.

PS

A bar selling beer ( and other services ) isn't in the deal.

????????

Edited by overherebc

How much did they pay to get at the number one and create this headline?

I bothered some time and looked deeper at some "facts" about Thailand on the same website.

Oh dear, certainly after reading this I never want to open a business here....

Transparent government practices 2.9% out of 100.

more in the graphic below....

entrepeneurship_thailand.PNG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CLW said:

How much did they pay to get at the number one and create this headline?

I bothered some time and looked deeper at some "facts" about Thailand on the same website.

Oh dear, certainly after reading this I never want to open a business here....

Transparent government practices 2.9% out of 100.

more in the graphic below....

entrepeneurship_thailand.PNG

A bit of an eye opener.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Scot123 said:

This is just so bizarre. First thing that jumps out is the 51% Thai owned part unless that's changed then not being able to own land, building etc, then immigration, police or military funds to pay into and then let's not forget if you become successful and some connected person decides they wont your business. This is just crazy. Keep a low profile especially if your rich because you never know who is jealous and watching you and the last thing you want is to end up like the Duch guy.

So many people outside and so less knowledge. This guys are not talking about to open a one man show to get a visa to stay.
These are talking about real companies.
Did anyone hear something like BOI "Board of Investment"? 100% ownership, no ratioThai/foriner peoble and the Company can one land.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seancbk said:

They are not talking about little businesses, they are talking about billions baht factories and large multinational joint venture businesses. 

Although that said I've been involved in the startup of 2 SME businesses in Thailand with collectively 4 different companmy registrations and it wasn't difficult at all. 

You are damn right.

After our BOI application was approved, we never had any problems with immigration, police or labour department.

• Like 1

Starting is easy. Keeping it running is another story. Paper works, staff retention, accounting fees, many hidden costs to look for.

Everything looks and sounds good for Thailand from outside until foreigners live here. 

Edited by shady86
  • Like 1

Is this survey for international businesses, investors? Did the authors not investigate more about this countries attitudes to foreigners. Surely that's an important factor, as is quality of government, etc etc, not just 5 loose business start-up processes (which as others have highlighted, the author has not attempted to put in practise).

Why would the current "government" want to attract more Dirty farangs with their dirty money anyway?   After all, this is the best country in the world, no need foreign investment.????

On 8/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, Yinn said:

Number one again! 

Number 1 tourism. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandratalty/2019/09/04/bangkok-is-the-most-visited-city-in-the-world-again/#280bc5eb5f1b

Number 1 covid control.

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/health/80125-thailand-ranks-first-in-the-global-covid-19-recovery-index.html

thaibashers hate this news. 55555555

Yinn 

POTY (Most vote ever, fastest ever) 

Why Thailand number one again? And again?

Hmmmmm

Across the world, Thailand boasts the greatest percentage of women in senior management (45%)

Link

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/news/top-stories/29585-thailand-has-most-women-in-top-management.html

The best! 

CEO of a massage shop ?

• Like 1

The five procedures for starting a business in Thailand include:  A sixth procedure involving regular mailings of brown envelopes. 

My Saleng Somdam business was started in 15 minutes.  Had to put in a new spark plug. 

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2020 at 2:54 PM, webfact said:

Starting a business in Thailand takes six days and five procedures,

One of which is yielding 51% to Thais.  This explains why the gigantic property-owning scam continues to flourish to the benefit of lawyers and auditors across Thailand and has helped Malaysian tourist & retirement trade.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 8:41 PM, Yinn said:

Number one again! 

Number 1 tourism. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandratalty/2019/09/04/bangkok-is-the-most-visited-city-in-the-world-again/#280bc5eb5f1b

Number 1 covid control.

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/health/80125-thailand-ranks-first-in-the-global-covid-19-recovery-index.html

Yinn 

Hmmmmm

Across the world, Thailand boasts the greatest percentage of women in senior management (45%)

Link

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/news/top-stories/29585-thailand-has-most-women-in-top-management.html

The best! 

Hmmmmm ... Might be worth having  closer look at that link  ... Maybe I am wrong but is that not stats that are a bit old ?

image.png.f658477d9a7c816edc3f826d60bfeb4d.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

on the same article an immediate contradiction, wonder how much US news got payed to publish such a rubbish misleading ratting ..... and 47th for starting business it's more like it and even here I still have my doubts, maybe they missed the 1 in front of the 4 (147th ??? )

Maybe US News is just for US business .. ????  They do have advantages over other countries to set up in Thailand. Personally I stick with what the World Bank are saying ...

On 8/25/2020 at 7:41 PM, Yinn said:

Number one again! 

Number 1 tourism. 

Number 1 covid control.

Yinn 

Hmmmmm

Link

The best! 

better read a little more and get updated

BANGKOK (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Female police officers in Southeast Asia are rarely allowed out on patrol and instead given administrative roles that hold back their careers, the United Nations and international police organization Interpol said on Wednesday.