Media and posters show little sympathy for Pattaya’s homeless

webfact

18 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Not a problem unique to to Thailand.

A destitute asylum seeker was found lying dead next to her malnourished baby son in Glasgow, according to a charity.

Mercy Baguma, from Uganda, was found dead in her flat in the city’s Govan area on Saturday with the child crying beside her, Positive Action in Housing (PAIH) said. Authorities confirmed they had discovered the body of a 34-year-old woman.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mercy-baguma-asylum-seeker-death-glasgow-home-office-a9687486.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=INDNEWS%2326082020&utm_term=IND_Headlines_Masterlist_CDP

not quite what it seems though ,the baby was malnurished because the mother had been dead for days ,and they do not have her cause of death yet ,it certainly was not malnurishment ,and her husband was living not far away in another social housing house ,he now has the child, so both mother and her husband were living in seperate houses paid for by the social.

17 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

not quite what it seems though ,the baby was malnurished because the mother had been dead for days ,and they do not have her cause of death yet ,it certainly was not malnurishment ,and her husband was living not far away in another social housing house ,he now has the child, so both mother and her husband were living in seperate houses paid for by the social.

Double benefits 

So,  because during the financially productive times of my working life I have scrimped and scraped to save enough & also pay into a couple of pension schemes to look after me in my older age I now need to feel sorry for anyone who hasn't, why ?? 

The writing has been on the wall for many a year, the fact that they blew their lot as soon as they got it is not my problem.

I have no sympathy for anyone that doesn't plan for a rainy day.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

34 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Did she die and the baby become malnourished, or not?

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Strange how you don't see the monks walking around offering comfort and food to these unfortunates. 

Normally a reverse situation and they are the ones looking for handouts.

They certainly did in my village in Isaan.

There was a lunch cooked at the local Wat by the village ladies every day..for free and all you could eat.Moreover every village "party" certainly included the village poor-again for free-as they could not afford donations.This was the tradition.

All countries have people suffering from chronic alcoholism,drug abuse,mental illness or physical and mental disabilities who drop thru the net from time to time-there will be at least a dozen (or probably more) sleeping out on the river bank of my wealthy first world town tonight-and it is winter.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I agree, I am not in Thailand anymore I am just a pensioner in Australia

have nothing, but my government supports me, the spare money I have

I send to Thailand to help the poor( I know I can't help every body)

but I help some people and I am feeling good about it.

Well done.

In traditional societies, misfits and criminals are exiled from the tribe.

Without the tribes help, it means almost certain death.

That's why Thai people assume the homeless are crazy, dangerous people.

If they were not, their families would take care of them. ????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, biggles45 said:

I always believed Budhism to be a compassionate religion, see how they care for the diseased and often dangerous soi dogs for example. Is this now the new face of the religion? 

Christianity is a compassionate religion as well, yet the same thoughts and

words are expressed towards the homeless beggars elsewhere.

I'm sure a true Buddhist wouldn't be saying such things, same as a true Christian.

Sadly people who claim to be one religion or another only do so when it suits them.

Back on point, I didn't see one mention of Buddhism in the quoted article.

The only mention of Thailand and its people being caring was a footnote added 

by Thai visa, no doubt to generate mass debate among the nay sayers!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

In the UK an immigrant woman died of starvation while her severely undernourished baby lay screaming beside her, at least the baby could be saved, not just a Thai thing.

Maybe she was one of them boat people that came over the channel to live the high life in UK at the expense of the tax payer that Mr Farage is going on about ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Only if they are in need. A few years ago I was sat at a pavement cafe in Amsterdam and across the road there was a woman lying on the pavement with a cardboard sign that said something like " help, deaf and dumb". About six o'clock she got up and walked across the bridge, pulled off her wig and coat and climbed into a merc that had pulled up.

Note to self ... Before giving money to person in need, pull hair to check if real or fake ....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Strange how you don't see the monks walking around offering comfort and food to these unfortunates. 

Normally a reverse situation and they are the ones looking for handouts.

Er, I think you confused a bit. 

About monk and the food situation. And temple food. 

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Just spoke to my Lady. 

The submarines haven't made the local headlines yet.

Er, I think she confused a bit. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

In the UK an immigrant woman died of starvation while her severely undernourished baby lay screaming beside her, at least the baby could be saved, not just a Thai thing.

no she did not die of starvation ,read my post ,her death has not been defined yet ,and the baby was only malnurished because it had been by its mothers side for days with no food . 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Although I think she is well out of order, no need to insult her with this derogatory/racist term.

Is derogatory/racist if very extra sensitive lefty. 

Neeranam speak Thai right?  

Hundreds Mia farang videos. Google you will see. 

Interesting. Funny. 

They call themself mia farang. They racist/derogatory themself? No. 

Why leftys extra sensitive “racism” to much? 

2 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

the spare money I have I send to Thailand to help the poor

Thankyou. 

2 question

1) who/how you send money? For street beggar? 

2) why not send to poor country? Why for Thailand? Nobody starving thailand.

But Yemen, Africa etc a lot. Terrible.

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thankyou. 

2 question

1) who/how you send money? For street beggar? 

2) why not send to poor country? Why for Thailand? Nobody starving thailand.

But Yemen, Africa etc a lot. Terrible.

Some Thai females always seem to be hungry, eat all day long 

• Haha 2