Quation about buy health supplements online

lexlam

hi guys,

First, A modest suggestion to the moderator to open more (forum pages) belong to this health section, 

is not only too fat, quit smoking, etc

I was about to purchase some suppplements (vitamins & minerals) online from health supplement site iherb,

when to chckout and pay, noticed there is an extral taxes or charges, i contacted them asking about the amount to be paid,

they said that they dont know, then I cancelled the transacation, worried if the taxes will be more than to buy from local market,

i checked the same items on amazon, but saying no stock available, while available on their own sites (producer) as some other sites like iherb,

my question now:

Any one had an expereince of buying health supplements: vitamins, minerals, herbal capsul (for own use) each item 1 bottle) total 4 bottles, paid any taxes when received these products? and where to pay?

is there any place I can walk-in to ask about the exact local taxes before making the order? 

Please share your experience, idea and suggestion if any.

Thanks in advance. 

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Even if you only have a halfway reasonable diet (with no underlying conditions) you do not need supplements ......like homeopathy, it is one massive con.

Well, this is another topic, the question about paying when buying online from iHerb, piping rock, etc.. but thanks for the comment anyway, 

6 hours ago, transam said:

I buy at Watsons, they are everywhere, the price is clearly visible too.....:stoner:

there are some products are not available here, even the same one they sell on lazada at 300 - 400% upper than the original price, I checked many places,, even Thai brands still not certified as produced in USA, FDA approved, etc,, quality and price drive the decision to order online, 

anyway thanks,  

I tried to buy at iherb. Whenever I want to pay with PayPal I get asked for a credit card. So I buy at Vitacost.

Duty-free is 1500 Baht including freight. This time I ordered something for 1570 Baht. I guess since I get it by DHL I will have to pay import taxes. But shouldn't be much if I can trust the online calculators for this. I could have avoided it like many times before but I wanted to test it. 

When I receive my order in about 2 weeks I can post my import tax experience here. In respect of Vitacost I never had a problem so far. 

Moved to the Health Forum which is where this belongs.

Many members,. myself included, order supplements from iHerb.

I have never had to pay a customs duty on this. IHerb usually limits the amount you can order in one shipment to avoid it.

I take the local road and do use Lazada or Shopee but only after checking price carefully.  There are often a seller or two with reasonable price if you search specific item but Lazada does have a lot of make an add and sell at 10x the cost even if only once a decade sellers so may take a bit of time to find reliable seller and good product price.  But often find for very little more than buying from iHerb and have next day.  Have not had customs issues with iHerb (small orders) but have had packages during normal times take more than a month to arrive.  Prefer to order locally from someone who already cleared customs and let them have a fair profit.  Have not checked recently but buying from store/pharmacy places was very expensive. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's no need to import vitamins/supplements to Thailand. Suppliers like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, iHerb, Lazada Group, Shopee, etc, are all the big corporate sellers who sell the cheapest <deleted> you can imagine (mainly from China) so they can maximize profits. They could care less if your supplements are real or fake.

Anything you want is in fact available here in the Kingdom, and it's best to find grower-direct sources vs those big corporate sellers.

I have been in Thailand 20 years and was motivated to relocate here for retirement primarily to save money, eat better, and to live a healthier lifestyle.

I walk the beach every morning and eat a balanced diet. Life is good and I'm strong & healthy at 71 y/o.

You are what you eat! Do some on-line research & you'll find a ton of valuable info & contacts on what health supplements Thailand has to offer in terms of natural organic native Thai herbs & teas.

I'm Theo 

<<<< Email removed >>>> Sept 7th 2020

Edited by metisdead
You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or Social Media addresses in posts or signatures.