Annual marriage extension

I went to CW Immigration for my annual marriage extension application yesterday. After telling my wife I had all bases covered, I knew that there could always be a curved ball thrown at us.

One thing I had worried about was the annual police clearance certificate (mandatory for certain undesirable continents/countries) that I did in June 2020 - luckily this year it was sent directly to Immigration by PSC (last year we had to catch a taxi from Immigration to Police HQ to fetch it).

For 8 years now Immigration have accepted that owner only gave a copy of his ID card with the rental agreement and did not want to give a copy of his tabiaan baan book for our rented property, but yesterday that was a stumbling block. After a one to two hours of negotiation with the property agents, owner relented, and managed to send us copies. Just not sure how happy he was ...we were expecting an eviction notice when we got home! Even though I had a copy of a TM30 in my passport (and copy provided), this was also raised a question or two - I'm not sure why, and wife explained it somehow. As before, there always seems to be issues every year I've been - it seems to me it very much depends on each officer one sees. In at 8.30am and out at 1.30pm - would have been out at the latest 10am if not for the tabiaan baan copy.

• Like 2

Haven’t heard if the police report requirement and I’ve been on marriage extension for the past 15 years. Do you mind me asking what country you are from in order to have to get this? I don’t have an embassy here myself, nearest one based in U.K., but luckily, I don’t need any police clearance certificate. Seems strange but as you’ve been doing it a while, it’s obviously a ‘thing’. Glad you got it sorted out for another year anyway. I wonder if this police clearance thing is only for CW in Bangkok, we love far away from Bangkok.

• Like 1

I'm from South Africa - they came up with this requirement 3 years ago for us. Have to do it every year, and its a pain, because every year I first have go to CW to get a request letter from them addressed to Police around 2 months before my application (takes from 1 to 3 hours for it to be typed etc with several supporting documents such as passport and marriage certificate copies), and then I I go to Police HO for fingerprint check, and hope the form gets sent on to CW Immigration. Last year it did not, so I had to make another trip to Police HO to fetch it. Adds a lot more stress on my annual marriage extension.