Pattaya: Beach Road to allow parking at weekends/ Deckchairs to operate all day every day

webfact

Pattaya: Beach Road to allow parking at weekends/ Deckchairs to operate all day every day

7pm2.jpg

Picture: Manager

Manager reported that Pattaya was putting its best foot forward in attracting Thai tourists to the resort.

Certain restrictions on car parking and the operations of deck chair vendors have been agreed. 

A total of 17 measures have been agreed after a meeting of deck chair vendors and deputy mayor Manote Nongyai at City Hall. 

7pm3.jpg

Deck chairs can be used from 6 am to 8 pm. But vendors must clean up the beach themselves from 6 am to 10 am. 

Every four months those on Pattaya beach must take three midweek days off (Tues to Thursday) in the third week of the month.

563000009023502.jpg

This is so that the authorities can do a deep clean and spruce up the trees. While this is happening the vendors must store their equipment properly.

Vendors on other beaches will close midweek every four months during the second month. If the closure falls on a public holiday a replacement day will be allowed. 

Parking will be permitted on Pattaya Beach Road similar to Jomtien.

It will be allowed in selected locations on the right side.

This will be limited to Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. Certain other parking will be allowed in front of shops though if this is abused the local authority reserved the right to crack down.

563000009023505.jpg

In a gung-ho report Manager said that Pattaya was all systems go in attracting Thai tourists.

They noted that foreign tourists were completely absent due to the pandemic so for now it was all about the domestic market.

Source: Manager

At last a half sensible idea. I never sit in the sun the Thais don't sit in the sun. The idea of pristine beaches in reality means empty beaches. Most people renting deck chairs and umbrellas keep their places clean and provide small buckets for visitors to put their rubbish in. If only something could be done about the annoying beach vendors.

For over 25 years I have gone to the same beach chair service in Jomtien. They know I don't like the pesky beach vendors and somehow keep them from bothering me.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Would it not be a better idea to clean up at the end of the day, after all the rubbish has been discarded?

Most rubbish is left after dark, lots of eating and drinking and general partying happens at night.Not sure about Pattay but in Jomtien especially at the weekends and holidays the promenade is rammed.

So the previous reasons for not allowing beach chairs every day, and on-street parking, are no longer valid? Or is it that NOW those rules would have go apply to Thai people and not foreign tourists? 

Edited by jacko45k

14 hours ago, fred110 said:

They need to remove the rental motorbikes along beach road. They take up a lot of parking.

If we are lucky attrition will solve that very long term problem.  Many, if not most, of the motorbikes are rented to foreign tourists..

The new requirement for big bike (400cc+) licenses should also help thin that herd.

4 hours ago, bobbin said:

If we are lucky attrition will solve that very long term problem.  Many, if not most, of the motorbikes are rented to foreign tourists..

The new requirement for big bike (400cc+) licenses should also help thin that herd.

What makes you think a "Thailand Only" big bike licence will deter a 2 week euro/russian/whatever drunk tourist from renting and road raging on a big bike?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, essox essox said:

what is wrong with NOT allowing deckchair USAGE EVERYDAY of the week, in these dire times the Thai workers need to earn as much money as they can.....it was really stupid to ban chairs/broliies on  a WEDNESDAY (about 3 yrs ago I guess) anyway....

They must have used the same soothsayers who tell us Wednesdays it's unlucky to cut hair (and Thursdays is a no-no for cutting nails).

Seems obvious to me.