Forty four school kids and teachers scream as driver loses it at a bend in Nakhon Nayok

webfact

Forty four school kids and teachers scream as driver loses it at a bend in Nakhon Nayok

10pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police and Ruam Katanyu rescue services that rushed to the scene of a bus accident yesterday in Nakhon Nayok found dozens of children screaming. 

The bus driver had failed to negotiate a bend and the bus ended up off the road.

Forty children aged 8-10 and four teachers were on their way from Khao Song Klong school to the Science Museum in Pathum Thani.

Fourteen were taken to hospital with bruising. 

Arun, 63, the driver said he was not familiar with the road. He said he was doing about 80 kmph when he lost control at a bend. 

The accident occured on on the Ban Na to Kra-ang road.

Ban Na police are investigating. 

Source: Daily News

• Sad 3

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I do not drive, never have, never will - but even I can understand you do not negotiate a corner - especially an unknown one - at 80 KMH

poorly made and poorly maintained roads is a big part of it too. Not driving to the conditions. Some of these roads are like slicks with hardly no road base.

• Like 1

Not familiar with driving a vehicle according to size, weight, speed, worn out tires, brakes, lack of awareness, no forward thinking, skill, slowing on the bends,. Let’s get there as fast as possible so I can have a kip.

Is what he really meant to say..